• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode IV The Phantom Lore

Palpatine surviving the explosion of the Death Star II is bullshit. The movie doesn't explain it beyond "Dark Side abilities".

the Resurgent does not have the technology either even though is has a hypermatter annihilation reactor just like the death stars and kyper cytsal powered cannons just like the death stars. they did also not explain the chages eiather I made add

Resurgent-class Star Destroyers turbolasers are focused or powered by kyber crystals, they don't use superlasers, and there's not exactly a logical place in the film to explain all of this.

Star Destroyers aren't a class, they're a type of captial ship with classes. For example, Victory-class and Imperial-class.

it is a ship 1-2 kilometers long the sith ones and the first order ones are 2,406 and 2915.81 meters long per the books and the offical cannon about them so they are battlecruisers witch are 2,000-5,000 meters long and dreadnoughts are anything bigger than 5 K

I'm not saying they aren't battlecruisers. I don't even know where this is coming from.

I meant I don't know why you're saying I don't think they are battlecruisers.

> Yeah not to mention those movies are objectvtily bad poorly writing edited and thier story and character arcs are extremely poor form a objetive point of view. And Yes there is objective ways to say if a movie is good or bad based on things that are proveable

If you think their is Objective Quality in art.

Goodluck calling any movie good.

Empire Strikes back ?

huh so you could defend this movie if i played Devil's advocate and tore it to shreds right?

you could Objectively defend it with out using supplimentary content right

wanna try it?

Nothing it's my second fav film but the Idea that art has Objective value is nonsens.

I'm using ESB as an example to prove my point because Resurgence class is making a claim with out providing proof and saying these movies are Objectively good because they are Objectively good.

So i have a few Narrative problems I want him to tackle, considering Objective Quality exists according to him he should be able to tackle these arguments Objectively without emotion or Bias

so no "I disagree it works for me" and no but in this piece of media ect.

Nothing major. Yeah I could The plot tiwst pretty much no one saw comming. Luke feals pain and almost dies but is saved by Han Solo. Yoda gives luke a compleeing reason to right. The hero learns that someone her loves his part of his family.

Yes I should but those fiims are so beloved I might not be able to do it fully. Because I love all of those flims. they are very dear to me. So what about Mozart Shakespeare and so on are those people not of the highest caliber in thier fiels Enstain Newton Hawking

The sotry arcs character development the wrtting the plot how the characters and the movie interact with each other whether or not they grow and learn thought . Weather or they are compelling. For Sequels and Prequels does it contradict other well established source material. How contected we feal for everybody involved.

none of these are arguments, your telling me things with out providing proof.

So tell me What is Han Solo and Leia's arc in Empire Strikes Back?

> How contected we feal for everybody involved.

This is a subjective argument not an Objective one.

She loses someone she cares about and lukes gets his hand cut of buy his own father. and cries And almost dies because of a monster and the extrme cold at hoth. We feel connected to them because thier arcs are extrmeley well built and hold up the guns of time quint well. They arc might not be the most important Lukes would be the most important.

Like how in Infinity War when Thanos wins it feels satisfying because the good guys lose thier most inportment battle and pay the bills and the thier actions and they have to feal and sea they own failures first hand. Because they failed at they job and it has dire things head form them. Endgame destroys this in like 5 minutes. With Time Travel when why did they not use it to kill Thanos and blow up his home planet before he was born.

> She loses someone she cares abou

This is not a character arc.

> lukes gets his hand cut of buy his own father.

it gets replaced 5 min later by a stronger robotic one.

> and almost dies because of a monster and the extrme cold at hoth

almost dying and enviromental conditions isnt an argument.

Random stormtroopers almost die in every battle they are in and fight in extreme tempratures, does every single stormtrooper have an arc?

> We feel connected to them because thier arcs are extrmeley well built and hold up the guns of time quint well

You feeling something isnt an Objective argument, feelings are subjective.

>because thier arcs are extrmeley well built and hold up the guns of time quint well.

you still havent given me examples.

> They arc might not be the most important Lukes would be the most important.

They are the Deuteragonist of the story and are the main reason for Luke leaving Dagobah, if we dont care about his friends there is nt tension and investment in us to go see Luke save them.

The good guys have to feal Emotional Physiological and Physical Pain seaing thier family mebers frinds and loved ones die becuase they messed up extremely badly. And Thanos wins because he beat the pretty much simply unbeatable heros maybe for good this time.

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
The good guys have to feal Emotional Physiological and Physical Pain seaing thier family mebers frinds and loved ones die becuase they messed up extremely badly. And Thanos wins because he beat the pretty much simply unbeatable heros maybe for good this time.
No Thanos doesnt win because the Heroes are super weak, He wins because the plot writes the heroes like morons, they beat Thanos, it's only once quill randomly goes out of character and jepordizes the mission, they made him out of character so that Thanos can escape and creates artificial stakes.

that entire scene is a plot contrivance and the end result does not feel earned.

Also why does Doctor Strange not use the time stone at that moment and stop quill from going out of character, his displayed he can do such things in his own movie.

There are Inconsistencies here

Yeah it gets replaced because the sequel is going to happen. And your forgot to mention that Han gets retured to the good guys in the next movie. Had luke stay in that enviroment he would have died. and that is not a good augment the same thing happen to the Prequels.

I never watched the Galaxy of the Guardians movies, but I felt like Peter was portrayed as an emotional person. Looking at his page on the wiki, it says that he's prone to outbursts of rage when confronted with the death of a loved one. So I didn't feel like that was out of character for him if he's done that type of thing before.

Because since the heroes ended up winning in the end, you can see that Quill doing that was part of DS's plan. The one he came up with after using the time stone to see that doing exactly that would be the only way they would beat Thanos. (Unless you're doing this from the perspective of someone that has only seen Infinity War, but all that changes is that you wouldn't know that DS's plan works out. You would still know that Quill freaking out is part of the plan.)

Thanos isnt smart either though, his plan is kind of dumb

he must realize that by wiping out half of all life, means wiping out half the resources that would make it harder for the other half to live and make his plan moot, and lets say he means sentient life, he realizes that would mean more resources for beings which would lead to the same problem again but in a quicker amount of time.

Why not double the resources?

why not create an infinite amount of Resources?

And Thanos had 4 Infinity Stones he could have blocked those attacks with ease is is capble of touching and handling the stones without damage done to him. He bet up the Hulk very quickly and easly with his bare hands and not the Infinity Stones. The Glove has to be turned one for the stones to work. It is not a good moment if you had not seen most of the rest of the movies. The heros lose because Thanos is a next caliber level b demon and her very much knows what he is capble of doing. We do not see him meat Stormbreaker with minimal dammge he almost dies but the Glove saves him. and He wins

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
And Thanos had 4 Infinity Stones he could have blocked those attacks with ease is is capble of touching and handling the stones without damage done to him. He bet up the Hulk very quickly and easly with his bare hands and not the Infinity Stones. The Glove has to be turned one for the stones to work. It is not a good moment if you had not seen most of the rest of the movies. The heros lose because Thanos is a next caliber level b demon and her very much knows what he is capble of doing. We do not see him meat Stormbreaker with minimal dammge he almost dies but the Glove saves him. and He wins
I Have seen every MCU movie and no it still doesnt work it's a contrived scene.

Back