• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fav out of the ST is still TLj

but boy

# Spoilers

Kylo demolishes Rey in a 1 v 1 Fight and Rey manages only to lands a meaningful blow on him thanks to Leia.

this movie was DE with more characters in it. the ending was huuuuuuuuuge let down. and they obviously made her the main chick of course. they ****** over everything anakin, luke, etc did for this new movie to have a mediocre ass plot. unbelieveable. and really shat on kylo in the end. not to mention the tons of unexplenations to like everything new it proposed. it had some great new shit, but man did they **** this up.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
this movie was DE with more characters in it. the ending was huuuuuuuuuge let down. and they obviously made her the main chick of course. they ****** over everything anakin, luke, etc did for this new movie to have a mediocre ass plot. unbelieveable. and really shat on kylo in the end. not to mention the tons of unexplenations to like everything new it proposed. it had some great new shit, but man did they **** this up.

Hard Disagree from me

idk what u can disagree with but ok. is this not a DE rip off of sorts? arent all of luke's and anakin's missions pretty much useless now? this movie makes the prequels seem like a filler episode, and the death of palps in ROTJ an anime villain being defeated, while Vader did the ultimate sacrife for nothing. the prophecy is now semi non existent, no force ghosts appeared aside from luke for some reason, who did the least out of all the characters that lead up to this imo, all jedi can now somehow become force ghosts just cuz, (SPOILER START) leia knew about the future and did literally nothing, kylo died and became a ghost 5 seconds after he died, while rey was dead for like, a whole 2 minutes, and just stood there, cold and dead, even thought its all but established that u can become a ghost whenever now. leia could use the force, but used it for nothing. what a horrible movie, to say the least, it contracted the fact that ghosts can physically interact with the real world too, i believe, and rey taking on the skywalker name? bruh. and all the hyped cameos were what, 4 words from each character? palpatine being killed by his own lighting was the dumbest thing i have ever seen. this goes against more or less everything lucas initally envisioned. (SPOILER END)

Lorenzo, there is a SPOILER THREAD for discussing these things. Air your grievances over there rather than spoiling it here for people who haven't seen it yet.

And I say this as someone who has seen the film and enjoyed it.

im not discussing spoilers, im discussing quality. and im not airing anything. the topic came up, and i shared my opinion about it. and i warned people about spoilers my guy.

good for u?

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
idk what u can disagree with but ok. is this not a DE rip off of sorts? arent all of luke's and anakin's missions pretty much useless now? this movie makes the prequels seem like a filler episode, and the death of palps in ROTJ an anime villain being defeated, while Vader did the ultimate sacrife for nothing. the prophecy is now semi non existent, no force ghosts appeared aside from luke for some reason, who did the least out of all the characters that lead up to this imo, all jedi can now somehow become force ghosts just cuz, (SPOILER START) leia knew about the future and did literally nothing, kylo died and became a ghost 5 seconds after he died, while rey was dead for like, a whole 2 minutes, and just stood there, cold and dead, even thought its all but established that u can become a ghost whenever now. leia could use the force, but used it for nothing. what a horrible movie, to say the least, it contracted the fact that ghosts can physically interact with the real world too, i believe, and rey taking on the skywalker name? bruh. and all the hyped cameos were what, 4 words from each character? palpatine being killed by his own lighting was the dumbest thing i have ever seen. this goes against more or less everything lucas initally envisioned. (SPOILER END)

Terrible Arguments.

SPOILERS

> arent all of luke's and anakin's missions pretty much useless now? this movie makes the prequels seem like a filler episode, and the death of palps in ROTJ an anime villain being defeated, while Vader did the ultimate sacrife for nothing. the prophecy is now semi non existent

Luke's mission was to redeem his father and defeat the empire, which they did and brought peace for nearly 3 decades, ontop of that Anakin outright confirms in TROS that he brought Balance but it's never implied or stated that the Balance would last forever, ontop of that Anakin does it again as it's him and Luke and the others that amp Rey to even be able to stand against Palpatine, this is literally a valley of the jedi moment.

> no force ghosts appeared aside from luke for some reason, who did the least out of all the characters that lead up to this imo, all jedi can now somehow become force ghosts just cuz

That's a blatant lie, Luke literally ignites Rey's drive to be a Jedi, being the person he needed to be to her and completing his Master arc, also force ghost forms only appear to the people they are connected to, which is Jinn doesnt visit Luke and why it's luke that visits Rey, also he lifts a fucken X wing, that's more than any force ghost has done. it seems like your butthurt you didnt get a full body Hayden and Ewan Ghost cameo.

> kylo died and became a ghost 5 seconds after he died, while rey was dead for like, a whole 2 minutes, and just stood there, cold and dead, even thought its all but established that u can become a ghost whenever now.

Both Leia and Ben were trained by Luke Skywalker for years and died in self sacrifice and peacfully,Rey didnt train that long with Leia compared to ben and Leia being trained by Luke and was Killed by Sidious's lighting despite being amped up. ( she did not die a peaceful way)

> leia could use the force, but used it for nothing. what a horrible movie, to say the least

She Literally uses the force to reconnect with Ben one last time that kills her and is the driving force for Him to repent.

> it contracted the fact that ghosts can physically interact with the real world too

Ghost cant Interact with the real world as far back as the OT.

> and rey taking on the skywalker name?

Her arc is about finding family and belonging, this make sense

> bruh. and all the hyped cameos were what, 4 words from each character?

They play a far more important role than just being fanservice

> palpatine being killed by his own lighting was the dumbest thing i have ever seen

Watch Revenge of the Sith

> this goes against more or less everything lucas initally envisioned.

Based on what? force ghost have always been used as plot devices to serve the characters and narrative, explain to me why it took Obi Wan three years to tell Luke to go see Yoda without head canon or supplimentary materials.

Also with out Anakin or Luke none of the things in the new Era works out for the heroes. Now im ditching this chat for now as Im pretty sick so if you want to debate more send me PM on Discord or something night night.

yeah, im not gonna reply since u dont want me to, so ill say this: **** yeah im butthurt. its a movie made for the entertainement of the masses. i have that right more than anything else. the arguably most important jedi with a prophecy that cannot be circled around suddenly passed his mission on to the next person? his mission was to kill the sith, and yet, they survived, and all of them, somehow, also lived in palpatine. him helping her =/= him doing it with her. i have watched revenge of the sith many times over, and its still dumb there too. i never said it wasnt dumb then, but it suddenly became dumb now. its always been dumb. thats more or less my 'bigger' problems.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
yeah, im not gonna reply since u dont want me to,
I literally told you that I didnt want to argue because I'm actually sick, as is in Physcally ill and still made the gesture for you to send me some arguments on Discord if you want, if you want to be butthurt because people dont agree with your assesment then be so but that's on you.

the problem comes from statements like this " idk what u can disagree with but ok" when i was being polite and saying I just simply disagree, you refute by implying there's nothing i can disagree with, you know how arrogant that sounds? it implies that argument is bulletpoorf when it's not, i suggest getting off your high horse. If i really wanted i could write and entire book's worth of me completely ripping apart the prequels to the point that would you need 1000 supplimentary books to make one fucken logical argument and that includes your character Anakin skywalker but I dont because outside of me liking the prequels I have no problem with people disagreeing with me and i more than willing to be open minded about different takes even i dont agree with them.

If you feel like your entitled to be butthurt then so be it but dont project that onto others as if it's some Objective truth

also @Resurgence there is Objectively no such thing as an Objectively bad film, no matter how much certain Youtubers like to share that.

Goodbye friend.

Did I injure your fealings mae and Yes Objectively bad movies exist you can like tham I like some of them Objectively. Yes Infinity War is an Objectively good movie the best Marvel movie to date infact. Yes thier is because how can you say if a movie is good or bad with Objective criteria. Charater and Story arcs make sense in objective good movies in Objectively bad movies they do not. Like what Youtubers and yes thier is. Transformers is an Objectively bad movie Avengers Infinity War is an Objectively Good Movie. Because than movies whould be nither good or bad because people can change overtime and different people like different things depending on a lot of fractors

Objective criteria is based on the standard that's agreed upon by consensus and consensus is an appeal to popularity fallacy aswell.

I think it's better u chill the **** out and go to bed so that u can get better soon, shadow. Ur quick to anger mood is showing. Don't disrespect me again, because I didn't disrespect u either. If u feel offended by what said, I didn't mean to do so. Don't talk to me like I'm ur dog or ur family, cuz I'm neither. Do u speak like that to people that u barely know simply because u heavily disagree now? Is that how u were taught to do things? I think it's better for u to go back to kindergarten if that's the case

It's not nice to tell people to get off their high horse; it's not nice to tell people to go away while saying they are doing nothing but trolling. I ask u not to single me out. I try to be even with everyone, so please do the same.

@Lorenzo I said "each other". I'm not singling you out here. Also, you returned that insult ten-fold.

So, back on topic. I thought it was a good film, just a tad too long.

Spoiler

General Hux saves Finn and Po and reveals that he was the spy. I thought they were going to use this to explain his incompetence in the last film (I felt he was reasonably competent in The Force Awakens), but then Hux says something along the lines of "I don't care if [the Resistance] win, I just want the Supreme Leader to lose." Implying he became a spy sometimes after Kylo killed Snoke.

Yes, then he gets yeeted lol and I wasn't talking to u. I was talking to dark dragon. An insult is an insult. Is me insulting them back a free pass for them now?

Ok. No, it's not a free pass, but it's also not a free pass for you to insult him.

Anyway, it's best if we drop this subject.

Cool.

Here is something for y'all- I saw a poll saying that the Witcher is better than the mandalorion. What do u think of that?

Saw some stupid ass article bashing the witcher and putting Mandalorian (which I freaking love) on a pedestal and made me sick....

Called it a copy of game of thrones and how cliché it was, I could Wright a whole essay on how wrong that is ugh.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/12/20/21031489/the-witcher-review-netflix-show-henry-cavill-geralt-of-rivia-mandaloria

I want to puke with how much wrong they got about their "review/analysis" about the show they obviously ignored all source materials or even the game for that matter to gain basic knowledge.

I agree that Lorenzo should leave Shadow alone. Shadow is a nice guy and says that he is physically ill at the moment.

Anyway, I also dislike what has been done to Star Wars in the sequel trilogy, and think that the producers should have adapted the Thrawn Saga and Dark Empire instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back