• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Obi-Wan knew how to heal Qui-Gon's stab wound. Seriously, the healing thing just comes out of nowhere. And the Force Lightning? Why couldn't Anakin do it before he got the armor as Darth Vader?

Antvasima said:
I agree that Lorenzo should leave Shadow alone. Shadow is a nice guy and says that he is physically ill at the moment.

Anyway, I also dislike what has been done to Star Wars in the sequel trilogy, and think that the producers should have adapted the Thrawn Saga and Dark Empire instead.
??? I'm ******* done with this. This mod dick suckery is horrible. I'm out. U got what u wanted resurgence

A VSTF member seems to have deleted a post that directly linked to a pirated version of the entire movie, which somehow automatically deleted the entire thread.

Funny how they have the broken system of considering the OP of a thread also its 1st comment yet deleting that deletes the whole thread, as if it were more than just a comment.

The most entertaining movie out of the sequel trilogy, definitely one of the most over-the-top movies in recent memory. But yeah it managed to be the most nonsensical, internally inconsistent, and MacGuffin-filled Star Wars movie out there.

There have been various clever attempts to salvage plot points that got mocked and dismissed in TLJ, and decent attempts to address some failings in the last two movies, but RIP Star Wars lore.

Well, the opening crawls are often used to establish what important events transpired to lead to the events you see after the opening crawl. "Empire" explained why the Rebel base is now on Hoth; "Return" explained the existence of a second Death Star; "Revenge" explained that the big battle is because Palpatine was captured.

Don't know why Fortnite keeps on getting these tie-in events for major cinematic films, however.

Honestly Im happy that it required basically every Jedi+Rey to Kill Palpatine and the result still Killed Rey aswell

so outside of the Mortis Gods

Palpatine>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone in canon.

And numbering among those Jedi were Anakin, Luke and Leia. The Chosen One and his two children were also lending their strength to Rey.

It also redefines the Rule of Two, in that there is another purpose to it beyond secrecy and survival. It establishes that it was also intended to make an unbroken line of Sith power that accumulated and grew over the course of a thousand years, culminating in Palpatine who, even in a severely weakened state, could drain the Force dyad from Rey and Ben to rejuvenate himself and amp himsel further.

It is also a solid explanation for why the Sith are the source of imbalance.

Yeah I know people will hate this film but it's stuff like this that pushes it up for me

from a pure writing standpoint it's very hit and miss and personally is on the weaker side of the recent films

but for me it's a better star wars film than a normal movie.

also it literally explains Palpatine's survival with out the need for long expostion.

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'd probably see it some time after Christmas.

It is those little pieces of world-building that are part of what makes it worth seeing.

It puts certain lines of Palpatine's into entirely new contexts:

"You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

"Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete".

Now that we know that he wanted both Luke and Vader to kill him so his spirit and the spirits of all Sith could possess them.

Obi-Wan saved the galaxy when he de-limbed Vader and left him to burn.

The franchise is great, especially the ESU, but the fanbase is really bad as of late tbh.

Catalyst75 said:
It is those little pieces of world-building that are part of what makes it worth seeing.
It puts certain lines of Palpatine's into entirely new contexts:

"You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

"Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete".

Now that we know that he wanted both Luke and Vader to kill him so his spirit and the spirits of all Sith could possess them.

Obi-Wan saved the galaxy when he de-limbed Vader and left him to burn.
Vader saves Luke in ROTJ when he stops Luke from hitting the emperor

@Shadow, it's fine; I've avoided reading the spoilers so I haven't really read anything that would spoil the movie.

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
It has made about 150 Million Dollars in 3 days.
that's only thurs-fri gross + INT

we dont have Saturdays NA or INT total yet (should be released in a Few hours)

it had the third biggest thursday previews yet

it's likely to end 180+ Domesticly and 200 OS Int by the end of the weekend which is good

what will determine if it crosses a billion or not is starting from Monday to see how good it's drops are

no lol

Star Wars isnt touching Endgame

also that 193.7 is Domestically remember not worldwide

and that is higher than my own prediction of 180 lol

Yeah, there is a way to have spoiler tags; though a little tired to write how to in code ATM.

Resurgence Class 2915 said:
Soa superhero movie is going to make more than a STAR WARS movie. Yopu chould not say that 10 years ago and thanks to Marval it is now the case.
well I mean it's been like that for a while

not a single prequel film made it into the Top 10 of last decade, Spiderman beat star wars aswell.

Outside of Star Wars' three Key markets, OS audiences love superheroes more

So how exactly does Palpatine's immortality works? He survived the Death Star exploding and crashing with his original rotting body, so is this a durability feat? After he wanted Rey to kill him to possess her, he didn't possess her after she killed him.

So can he possess any nearby dark-side user after death and Rey was safe for only using the light side? Does he need to anticipate death first? Can he possess anyone who specifically decapitate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back