• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadowbokunohero said:
I honestly would love a remastered version of Republic Commando in the same way did with the Halo franchise.
Yes. A remake in preferably Unreal Engine 4 would be great.

The best part is that Republic Commando can fit greatly into Canon as it is, as it contradicts nothing and fits in neatly with already established lore.

Or they could do something totally different, while retaining the original Republic Commando's gritty feel. This would also be splendid.

It absolutely has to have the Geonosis and Ghost Ship missions though. Because the former is important for AOTC and the latter is just amazing.

The old Star Wars games were pretty cool, if a tad generic even for their time.

By the way, I think there's a Star Wars reference in Chapter 181 of Seven Deadly Sins.

ByAsura said:
The old Star Wars games were pretty cool, if a tad generic even for their time.
By the way, I think there's a Star Wars reference in Chapter 181 of Seven Deadly Sins.
I mean for sure most of them but

KOTOR not so much, it revolutionize western rpg's and layed the groundwork for games like the Witcher, mass effect and way more.

so much star wars content this past 2 months

• Fortnight star wars (dont care for this but cool for those who do)
  • Fallen Order
  • Mandalorian
  • Resistance
  • Rise of Skywalker
  • Battlefront II TROS content

@Resurgence, it's alright. It's good that you apologized.

@Lorenzo, it's not very well advised to laugh at people just for apologizing.

@shadow i got fallen order, btw. just gotta download it now. mandalorian is looking pretty damn good for now. rise of skywalker is iffy as of now.

@dark Why would that be? Im not laughing cuz he apologized. I too have done the same thing. I do think its funny how he decided to apologize that quickly, though. U are a mod, and he is not. He seems to be pretty new here, while u are somewhat of a veteran. It makes his apology less legit in my eyes is all, which in turn made me chuckle at the idea that it might be because he doesnt want to get banned. Seems pretty logical, no? I am a pessimist after all, so its hard to see the actual good in people unless i can see their faces.

I meant, it's better to be considerate. Laughing at people is prone to cause provoking them. I'm not saying it's ban worthy offence, but people feeling stressed among many other things is really not something funny. I'm and Admin technically, but it doesn't matter whether people are staff or not, it's not right to be rude to people.

U know how police officers are humans too? Like u and me? If u have ever been stopped by one before, im sure u can understand that ur body and mind tells u to say and do nothing wrong, and in case u do, u later feel this bad feeling in ur gut, telling u that ur wholly ******, for no reason? Thats what discussing/arguing with someone whose name isnt blue is like, but toned down to a 5. Im sure u can somehow relate. I have nothing against being nice, nor do i have anything against ur opinion, but im a distrusting person. I do not trust my parents, for one. I ask u and the rest of the people here to not take offense, but if u do, thats not problem, and there really isnt much i can do about it. If @resurgence feels like he didnt like what i said, or if he has some input reserved for my person that needs to be let out, he can do so freely. I have nothing agaisnt the guy either. I have never even talked to him. BUT my opinions and view of life and the people in it will not change. I have no bad opinions of u either, but i do think that being too trusting is not a good trait, specially for someone in ur position. And i AM considerate. Im not cold hearted simply because i try to not trust people. And yet again, i never said i laughed at him, i said i laughed at what he said, because that sounded highly suspecious to my person, and i have a differencet set of humour glands than the ones u have, is all. I chuckle at literally anything that sounds the slightest bit unnateral. U can call it sick, i call it chuckle worthy.

I recently read Dooku Jedi Lost. I thought it was an exceptional novel, and I liked how they didn't wash away what the prequel establish; the Jedi are still morally grey, but ultimately the heroes of Star Wars.

He used a little too much weird assumptions, although I don't think calcing that would yield a higher result though, if someone's willing to give it a shot at cacling it more correctly.

yeah, he did assume a good bit amount of shit. Vader ripping apart an AT AT, and holding up a lake or something a month after mustafar may already be better than this lol there are other feats to mention too, but these are the ones that come to mind.

technically speaking, the math is correct. but to be sure, i would need to check every single thing he said, and do it myself, which is not gonna happen lol BUT the numbers are technically reasonable, btw, so they are not useless at all. See, vader has tanked bulding lvl explosions so many times, that him lifting one is wellllll within his capabilities. he already lifted the previously mentioned AT AT anyhow, and that thing weighs more than the heaviest tank u can find, which is, from what i could find, 207 tons. and AT AT is easily twice that number. likely 3.5 times that number tbh, and he did so very casually. Ripping something like that apart requires insane amounts of power. Not as much as the feat being talked about here, but its easily enough to blow up a big building. Think of as if Vader could go into, say, one of the twin towers, and blow ALL of it up in one go. the airplanes that hit would look like nothing.

yeah, just as i thought. the tier would be low end 8C.

Spoilers (Read at your own discretion)

Palpatine reveals he's been "every voice" Kylo has ever heard inside his head, and proceeds to mimic Darth Vader and Snoke. This implies his telepathy extends whole portions of the galaxy. Further supporting this claim, even while physically impared (albeit "as sharp as ever" mentally), he was unaffected by Ben's claim that he killed Snoke and claims to have "made" the latter.

Later, he reveals that he did die before (implying he was killed by Vader on the Death Star II), but the Dark Side of the Force grants him access to many abilities considered "unnatural."

Just by moving at slow speeds, the Star Destroyers we see in the trailer can demolish mountains. The entire fleet consists of dozens, if not hundreds of these, which Palpatine calls the Final Order. The huge cannons that cover the entire ship aren't just for aesthetics; a sustained burst blew up the planet Kijimi.

Yeah, I really don't trust Rotten Tomatoes staff sense of judgement.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, I really don't trust Rotten Tomatoes staff sense of judgement.
Personally, I really enjoyed the film.

NOTE: There's already a name for the new type of Star Destroyer seen in the film. It shouldn't be cause for spoilers so I'll mention it here: They're called Xyston-class Star Destroyers, and a Xyston is an Ancient Greek spear.

Okay so I saw the movie its a okay movie with kind of bad pacing but great visuals... But it's a horrible star wars movie, since star Wars movies we can accept a few plot holes but J.J ABRAMS literally tried to cram 2 movies into one, its ridiculous its obvious he tried to do some damage control with what the last jedi did, but obviously kind of failed since not only he created a massive plot within episode 9, it also affects all other star wars movies back to the original ones.

Bottom line his the lore established was completely shit on which makes it a bad star wars movie but not a horrible movie in general.

At least Marvel and Disney+ is going an incredible way and doing a really nice job.

And let's not forget jedi fallen order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back