• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode III The Rise of Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestorm808 said:
That's overkill for one comment on the thread.
Well, it is a glitch that causes this problem at times when somebody uses WHAM.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The franchise is great, especially the ESU, but the fanbase is really bad as of late tbh.
"ESU"?

that's more a problem regarding technology of the time

in the EU for years and the Battlefront Campaign the Death Star II Has had Debri.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
So how exactly does Palpatine's immortality works? He survived the Death Star exploding and crashing with his original rotting body, so is this a durability feat? After he wanted Rey to kill him to possess her, he didn't possess her after she killed him.
She reflected his attack back onto him.

@Antvasima, ESU = Extended Star Wars Universe. Includes Legends, Video Games, books, ect that were made before Disney's major rewrite of the franchise.

I think it's impossible to discuss this movie at length without spoilers. If only the spoiler thread wasnt deleted.

But goddamn if this movie didn't disappoint me, I would have loved it. Also, there is an Endgame reference in the movie.

Spoilers:

Here's the spoiler tag.
You can quote this to try and figure out how to do it, but that'll ruin the format of the spoiler tag. So I'll cut it to pieces.

Firstly: {| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"

Secondly: ! Spoilers: or whatever you want to say.

Third: |-

Fourth: |

Fifth: Insert whatever you want to say

Lastly: |}

Here's a screenshot of the format.

Spoiler Tag

So my box office predictions were not far off

my WW total for the Weekend was 380-400 Millio

while I said Opening weekend was 180 Millio

TROS Grossed 175 Million OW so about 5 Million less than what I predicted

and worldwide total is at 373 about 7 Million less.

So generally speaking this looks to be going according to my Low End Prediction of TROS that can be found here https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ro/Prediction_Star_Wars_Episode_IX_Box_Office

if the word of Mouth is good then 450 should be locked for OS but if it's bad hoo boy then IX is going to have a hard time.

Anyway I also stated that RT would be the worse for ST while having the best Audience score, I didnt think critic score would be that low though!

Id argue my Mid Ends WW total would have been possible if not for critic reviews hurting the pre sales but jesus my mid end Domestic OW is way to high.

Luckily I have imporved as a Box office fan since then.

Even if TROS succeeds in box office people will just acuse Disney of buying tickets for TROS like they did for Captain Marvel.... Ugh freaking idiots.

well during TLJ they said Critics were paid off but now they are saying the critics are right and the Audience score is wrong

┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

They Might of . Disney has done that before. Name Calling aside those people are maybe right.,Disney did not bay seats for Captian Marval griups will buy seat inadvance all the time. It is nothing new out of the normal or anything like that

if Disney could buy seats they would have done so for Solo, the film that lost them money

which wouldnt solve their problem because now they need to recoup back more Money.

Shadowbokunohero said:
if Disney could buy seats they would have done so for Solo, the film that lost them money
which wouldnt solve their problem because now they need to recoup back more Money.
Don't expect conspiracy theories about anything to obey any semblance of logic.

Can't wait for lego star wars that game was part of my childhood, playing that game on gamecub was great.

And since I have a little brother it was much more fun we are planning to no life the new lego game together.

Also Shadowbokunohero is right by that logic wouldn't Disney basically do that with all their movies? Especially avengers endgame? People like conspiracy theories too much and blindly listening to Youtubers that are only there for the views lol.

And genuine Youtubers that provides evidence to debunk these claims are literally getting crucified.

Hell people say brie Larson is ugly and a bunch of other things, she recently did a Jimmy kemmel show and she looked drop dead gorgeous.

Haters can't accept that and are saying she had a surgery or did breast implants.

because most of the arguments come from Politics oppose to the content in the film and in Politics it's not about what's actually there but how bad you can make your "opponent" look.

I did not like Captain Marvel, not because of it's Political themes or it's casting, in fact I think Brie Larson is a great actor, the plot and directing for me were subpar but I would never suggest that the film was hated by people when it has a Domestic Opening higher than any star wars film barring Force Awakens.

People loved Captain marvel.

As a wise Pearl once said: "Humans just leave short, boring, insignificant lives, so they make up stories to feel like they're a part of something bigger. They want to blame all the world's problems on some single enemy they can fight instead of a complex network of inter-related forces beyond anyone's control".

That's the root of all conspiracy theories. Certain people hold their specific beliefs to be fact, whether it is about how the world works or about personal dislikes of certain things. So, when certain things don't go the way they want them to, or their beliefs are contradicted by real world facts, they start believing there are either grand conspiracies hiding "the truth".

A film's success or failure depends on when each person out of millions of people decides to go see a film, how word-of-mouth and reviews influence when a person decides to go see it in theatres, whether or not a person is interested in going to see film (that includes Star Wars), how effective the marketing for a film is up to its release, how many theatres host the film and for how long, and which countries host it, among other factors.

You know that The Rise of Skywalker is special when it managed to unite the two camps of the Last Jedi Love / Hate camp... By being so f*cking awful both sides agree it sucked.

It depends on who you ask. Personally, I enjoyed the "Rise of Skywalker" (as I've enjoyed the other two movies in the Trilogy), and I like to think about how what was introduced there makes me reconsider certain scenes from the Prequel and Original Trilogies.

The Rule of Two, for instance. If the Sith master's spirit and the spirits of all past Sith enter into the "apprentice" whenever they are struck down in hatred, then it introduces new implications for why Palpatine was determined to make Anakin, the Chosen One, his apprentice, and why he later tried goading Luke into striking him down.

Each time, he desired a young, immensely powerful apprentice for all Sith spirits to possess after they strike him down, giving birth to the perfect Sith Lord. By possessing the Chosen One, or someone comparable like his son, something like that could irreparably tip the balance of the Force towards darkness. That accumulation of Dark Side power and Sith spirits in one individual over millennium could even be the main source of imbalance in the Force.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You know that The Rise of Skywalker is special when it managed to unite the two camps of the Last Jedi Love / Hate camp... By being so f*cking awful both sides agree it sucked.
lol this is only true for a minority of the fanbase.

I thought it's the kind of movie you can't give a rating to. Felt more like Frankenstein trying to win a body building contest than a film, except it's Legends and mystery boxes instead of human parts.

I especially didn't like how this movie made 50 plot threads just to end them rather than keeping with the more simple structure of the last film series. For example, (Spoilers) Palpatine, having returned from death all of a sudden, now has a whole fleet of Star Destroyers capable of busting planets in seconds that we don't know about, and they're for his new Sith Order that he wants Rey, his granddaughter with sudden Force Lightning powers, to run.

In Return of the Jedi, we had a more powerful Death Star that could fire in minutes instead of hours, making it an enormous threat to both the Rebellion and the Galaxy. This is because it's not really wasting your time on a mystery that goes nowhere; Palpatine is the Emperor and he needs to be stopped. It was the same with The Empire Strikes Back, where the Empire has clearly learned from their mistakes in the last movie (which we are actually told within A New Hope) and decided on powerful and more mobile fleets instead of fragile planet-busters.

Yes, a lot of this stuff is explained in the comics and novels, like a fleet existing in the Unknown Regions, but the films shouldn't be reliant on them to create plot lines that have build up. The original trilogy didn't, after all.

I did like the movie, though, despite all the problems I had with it. And I do have to mention that Luke, Leia and Vader being related was half-way out of nowhere.

What in the heck happened here while I was gone?

Hellbeast1 said:
Ooh nice (I'll keep an eye out for him when I see it this weekend)
He and a few other Legends Sith Lords are only talked about in the Visual Guide.

Nihilus is still Legends only, I'm afraid.

In any case, I'm glad that Revan and Tenebrous are in Canon.

That's right. I'm a Tenebrous fan.

Thank you rian Johnson hastag was trending on twitter

now Thank you JJ is trending

what a weird day haha

We do know from The Rise of Kylo Ren comics that all of the Knights of Ren are indeed Force users. It's actually a basic requirement to join.

Now we just have to figure out how to scale them, if they ever get profiles.

like 8-A or low 7-C at best IMO

I dont recall them doing anything that would put them above Ezra

yes new thread

also it's hinted through the movie with the whole feeling thing

just gimme a min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back