• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends - Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
mace is really incosistent as far as feats and accolades go. his statements are better than even dookus, but then we have him struggling against kar vastor and depa bilaba, getting semi blitzed by sidious before he used the dark side/vapaad amp, and getting pushed back by driods often times. like, wtf. all of these are shit to someone who is as strong as dooku, u know? this is almost as bad as vader tbh lmao

Windu i think has enough feats to be above Anakin but i do think his wanked though even though I'm in the minority here believing that

actually, i was doing some windu reading, and his statements about being the second strongest jedi alongside yoda, and blah blah blah, only go so far as the end of the clone wars. like, by the time of rots, all those accolades are passed on to anakin. he even admits to being weaker than yoda and anakin on this one novel, i think.

well, honestly shadow, i have been reading a lot lately, so really, if u do need anything, just ask me. i have been intensily reading about all characters all around. and tbh, i could make a solid arguement that vader in his prime could be stronger than rots sheev and yoda. thats how inconsistent his feats and statements are. hell, i could even say that rotj luke is as strong as vitiate if u give me time. star wars' inconsistency actually allows me to do that lmao no joke

Starkiller is

weaker than Vader

Stronger than Vader

Comparable to Palps

all three of these conclusions are valid if you look at the right source.

star wars is very very Inconsistent , Legends overall was Inconsistent.

it really was, yeah. btw, i have a question regarding the clone wars cartoon. its somewhat considered canon, somewhat considered legends. like, whats the deal with that?

Clone Wars was airing before Disney bought star wars, so during that time many of the stuff tied with the EU with comics and what not, so when disney bought star wars and scrapped Legends they kept Clone Wars because George worked on it.

So Clone Wars falls both in Canon and Legends

which is dumb because honestly the Clone Wars show contradicts so much of Legends they should remove it, keep the 2003 Clones Wars Multi Media project with Legends.

so now

Season 1-6 of Clone Wars is both legends and canon

while season 7 is only canon.

Here is a great video why Clone Wars should not have been a part of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8a0gaa0olU

it's two parts and long though

i knew the new season was part of the current canon, but i was pretty sure the old cw show was still part of the eu, and i was hella lost cuz of it. like, i would go on to read shit about maul, and it included both legends and and canon, but then, when u look at canon only stuff, it also takes stuff from the cw show, but none of the old books and comics. its really confusing

I am so sick and tired of haters who know nothing of martial arts using the "staff does not equal lightsaber" fallacy.

Prince from Urban Acolyte (who is an actual bloody martial artist) and actual HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts) experts on Rey's skill:

Quarterstaff training is a basic beginning course for any swordsman/woman before they move on to actual sword training.

^ Even I knew this, and I'm not even a martial artist.

This is true the world over, not just in HEMA. European Knights had to train with quarterstaffs first and then move on to actual swords. Samurai had to train with a bō staff before moving on to nihontō. In Kalaripayattu, one has to train with stick-like weapons and staffs before moving on to spears, daggers, various types of sword, and shields.

Yes, if you are masterful with a quarterstaff, you can somewhat effectively wield a sword-like weapon; especially against a guy who has already been severely wounded to the point he can barely even stand, and whose Force power is unstable and not at its peak because of his conflicting emotions.

um, if i just may inverne real quick, while not trying to be a dick- a lightsaber is not a sword. it almost does not work like one. its in all senses of the word, a lazer with a limit to its range. hell, it even needs a crystal, alongside the fact that new styles were invented all the time to adapt it, making it different from normal swords. the way it is weilded, while similar, is really not the same as sword. and a staff, which i have used before, is quite different than a sword as well. i train with swords all the time, and they heavy, tiring, and not as easy to use as a staff. staffs are plain old easier to move around with. only thing they lack, i think, is power. a light saber, on the other hand, doenst require nearly as much energy- u barely need any strength, and it 100% relies on speed. the styles are all based on countering either blasters and other light sabers, while swords styles are made to counter everytihng but those two things.

Soilder and Shaow I can make a thred about the last jedi and the ship falling back without a gravity well turbolasers arcs .Starfighter grade missiles being over powered ships raning out of fuel. Beciuase the supramacys massive turbolasers atac really wired .Why did ships in the last jedi fall backwards without a gravity well. and Why did the supramacy arc her turbolaser shots when she the the biggest weapons out size of superlasers ever to exist.

> can make a thred about the last jedi and the ship falling back without a gravity

space in star wars acts more like water and air than actual space, this is because star wars is rooted in WW II dogfights for example in ROTJ a Super Stardestroyer outright sinks in space.

> well turbolasers arcs

this is not an error

> Starfighter grade missiles being over powere

not an error either, just means the starfighters are stronger

> ships raning out of fuel

not a TLJ thing either, it's heavily implied that this is the same reason for the Subplot between Han and Leia aswell in Empire.

> Why did the supramacy arc her turbolaser shots when she the the biggest weapons out size of superlasers ever to exist

it's a space Mortar.

hy would star figfhters be more p[owerful than the largest capital ship in star wars history. No it is technically a heavy turbolaser tower but thier capital ship sized . and in a hew hope aswell.

There's a feat that I feel is always completely ignored, so I made a calc: the ISD Avenger absolutely tanks an asteroid comparable in size to the Millennium Falcon without shields. I got Small City level results from that.

The feat happens in Empire Strikes Back. Also, the asteroid here is far larger if anyone is wondering about inconsistency.

Thought they are large island plus with fractal spoge getting country to large country feats with the main batteries.but this is not the time to talk about his work or numbers

Are you talking to me or Shadow? I was just talking about a random supporting feat for unshielded Star Destroyers.

By the way, can anyone tell me exactly what weapons Grievous uses here?

I read something if the assault ships of the clone wars want to blow up the federation battleships theu needed something like 66 so something like that petatons worth of TNT

ByAsura said:
By the way, can anyone tell me exactly what weapons Grievous uses here?
It seems to me that the Providence in this scan did not use her main quad turbolaser batteries (which are this class's most powerful weapons). It either used some sort of assault laser cannons (which seems to be a common weapon emplacement on CIS warships in Canon) and dual laser cannons (which we know this class is armed with in both Legends and Canon).

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
Thought they are large island plus with fractal spoge getting country to large country feats with the main batteries.but this is not the time to talk about his work or numbers
From what I know, Fractalsponge did not base his figures on any actual feats, but some weird backward-scaling from Curtis Saxton's estimates of ISD total reactor output. The fact is that there are simply no double to triple digit Teraton feats for heavy turbolasers in Legends. There is one Petaton level feat for the Victory-class, but it's an outlier.

What? Venator and Victory-class maximum reactor output (they're comparable) is less than 860 Teratons according to Saxton. Even if you highball their deflector shield outputs, it's at most low to mid end High 6-B. And ISDs are not too far off.

There's the Legends feat of the Invisible Hand melting the crust of Humbarine in an hour. But this also seems like an outlier, especially since Legends is not exactly concerned consistency.

ByAsura said:
There's the Legends feat of the Invisible Hand melting the crust of Hubmarine in an hour. But this also seems like an outlier, especially since Legends is not exactly concerned consistency.
It is actually consistent.

1. It was stated in the ROTS ICS book (which I currently have somewhere) that the Invisible Hand led that bombardment. This means that she was part of a fleet which carried out that bombardment. There could have been as few as a dozen or as many as a hundred ships that carried out that bombardment.

2. There is another feat from older Legends lore where we see the Executor and several ISDs together carry out a BDZ which slagged some outer rim planet's crust (there was a substantial Rebel presence there) in about an hour.

3. I remember Eckhartsladder mentioning that an Imperial Navy task force carried out the Caamas Firestorm (which killed most life on the planet Caamas and left most of its surface an uninhabitable radioactive wasteland) in only a few to several hours. Eckharts mentioned that it was only a task force. This means that it was only a few to several ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back