• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends - Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
- One of the most powerful warships of the New Republic in Canon.

- Takes three years to reveal what it looks like.

- Leia wondered in TLJ novelization if Inferno Squad would return soon with a fleet of Starhawk-class battleships as reinforcements.

- Starhawk-class image reveal comes just in time for TROS.

Thinking britishly
That can't be a coincidence.

Shadowbokunohero said:
I'm wondering if there might be some that avoided getting spadoolded by Starkiller base
Most likely. The disarmament treaty would have necessitated retiring the Starhawks, as they were too powerful per the treaty's standards. And Leia wouldn't have wondered if Inferno Squad would arrive with a fleet of Starhawks if there weren't many out there lying in dockyards or turned into training ships. It's also possible than many defence militias of independent systems would have Starhawks, as they wouldn't be bound by the disarmament treaty.

I can see that happening. ROTS started off with one big cluster-**** of capital ships over Coruscant. ROTJ ended with one over Endor. As a trilogy-closer, TROS might follow in their footsteps.

the weird thing here is that TROS has been bigger on Twitter and Instagram than on youtube.

someone made the case that a lot of the most toxic and negative discussion surrounding the films happen on youtube causing people to migrate to other social sites.

^ this is purely conjecture

but it is a strange thing to think about

either way this should put to rest any "Star Wars is dead" arguments.

It seems to me to not just be conjecture, but fact.

A young cousin of mine who got into Star Wars with The Force Awakens decided to stay away from YouTube as he felt the fandom there was way too toxic. I had to assure him that it's only a small vocal minority (less than 1%) that are like that. He's still into Star Wars but stays away from the online community.

What happened with my cousin is reflective of what is happening across the fandom. People are fed up and don't want to deal with the toxicity on YouTube and Twitter any more. So they either go to other online forums or stay away from the online Star Wars community altogether.

I remember this one woman who left Wookieepedia (and she was a staff member) because of harassment from an admin who kept spouting nonsense about feminists and S-J-Ws.

Thankfully I only follow Star Wars Youtubers that are chill and respectful (like say Thor Skywalker) or avoid any of the forums altogether if it's the same crap every time.

Dark Dargon I think it chould comback. The Only things I hate are the force awakens and the last jedi that is it. I really do not like either of those. I like giant overpowered warships like the imperium the eclipse and the sovereign classes. I got attacked because I do not like the last jedi. The ships vehicles, aliens, CGI practical effects sound effects and customs are out of thir world and amazingly wounderful. It is the writing character interrections plot story and choices made in and out of the movies that I have major issues even tough I will sea the rise of skywalker. a Star Wars Movie lost 250-300 million plus dollars on a 275- 300 million dollor budget in production hell with a lot of drama

Solo lost money because of bad marketing,bloated budget and general apathy from general Audiences for a Solo Origin film.

also Solo only lost 79 Million dollars and recouped the costs with Solo's home release.

solo was around 450 million dolors plus they only get 60 percent of that Solo needed around 150 million plus in marketing it only made 392 million dolloars movie stuides only make about 60 percent of the total gross in total so it needed around 720 million dolors to break even so it last at least 250 million dollers bomb. Budget for solo was 275- 300 million plus marketing plus around 60 percent so no you need to triple that number. Wikipedia does not count for marketing consists and what the sdtuio gets for its bombed list. Yeah you are not taking in to account what percent the studio gets because it is a lost high at least double that number for sure. so at least 160 to 200 million dolor lost likey more. Wikipedia now lists the bodget at 275-300 million dollars with massive production issues and reshoots poor marketing among others

Shadowbokunohero said:
Solo lost money because of bad marketing,bloated budget and general apathy from general Audiences for a Solo Origin film.
also Solo only lost 79 Million dollars and recouped the costs with Solo's home release.
Top one is fine solo lost alot more money I think it one of the worst science fiction and fantasy movies ever made and is not needed at all

No it nots not included the fact its production budget alone was 300 million plus 150 million or marketing plus 60 pecent of the studio it lost well north of 80 million dollars. Mortal engines cost half of what solo coast and the lost is listed at 175 million dollors ot like north of 200 million for solo. It does not say how they got thier number a massive fed flag. stuodies get 50-60 percent of the box office run and rouge one made a billion dollars and still Disney only got around 350 million in returns for a star wars movie. and that movie cost 265 million to make. so that that 76 million dollars is complety out of date,.

Shadowbokunohero said:
no my 79 comes from Deadline who covers the finaniclas for films.
https://deadline.com/2019/04/box-office-bombs-2018-solo-a-star-wars-story-mortal-engines-wrinkle-in-time-robin-hood-nutcracker-1202591271/

Edit: sorry it's 76 Million
So whay did Rouge one a slimmer enough buget for comparation make about 350 million dollars and a 265 million dollar budget and make about 1.06 Billion dollars yet solo only loses about 76 billion on a 300 million dollars buget and makes 392 milion dollars? In order for disney to get aprofit for rouge one they needed at least 650-725 milllion doloars to do that. Solo did about half that so yeah something is not right. Form the same source that you quoted form with some adjustments yeah something looks really bad for that

I am sorry but i was just listening real issues with the movie i am sorry please contract me and not dismissed my opinions because thier are not the norm here.So giving the last jedi prise is acceptable but not taking about the real problems is not okay.

1.because the 265-300 is estimates, we dont know the actual budget

2.Solo was mostly filmed at pinewood which reduces a lot of cost because of the realtionship between Lucasfilm and UK film distrubtion assocation, Rogue One while also being shot at Pinewood also had a lot of on film locations.

3. Rogue One had a larger martketing campaign therefore it's breakeven was higher, Solo's was only 500 Million

4. Solo hardly had a marketing campagin which would reduce the cost signifcantly

5. Rogue's base Production is higher than Solo' the only reason Solo is so high is because of the reshoots, Rogue One had a production budget of 200 Million+ plus stellar advertising which rounded up the budget in total to $515 million

https://deadline.com/2017/04/rogue-one-box-office-profit-2016-1202054697/

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
So giving the last jedi prise is acceptable but not taking about the real problems is not okay.
I removed your comment because you made an immature and uncalled for personal attack against employees of Lucasfilm.

It's okay to criticise TLJ. I myself, Matthew, Weekly, Antvasima have done so in the past. However, it's absolutely not okay to spew such vitriol against honest hard-working people who have had enough toxicity, fake news, vicious personal attacks, even death threats thrown against them in the past few years.

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
I am sorry but i was just listening real issues with the movie i am sorry please contract me and not dismissed my opinions because thier are not the norm here.So giving the last jedi prise is acceptable but not taking about the real problems is not okay.
because it's not relevant to the conversation and is only there to create toxicity, this would be different if we were actually debating TLJ in Good faith.

Okey but it was barely chosen and readable at all and I was not attacking anyone. It was thier to start peaceful talk or be killed it has done that job, and yes I will call those out that is completely not acceptable at all and you were in your rights to do that, Can you be a little nicer. I stand by your choices with that post

You accused Lucasfilm employees and leadership of labelling all critics as sexist or racist when that is complete horse-shit. The only ones they have attacked as such are the ones who bullied Ridley and Tran off of social media.

Yes. What you did is very much a personal attack, and very much uncalled for.

And it's pretty damn obvious that you were saying something like that to stir up trouble.

No its not thier isn a lot of advice for that. I was attacking the movie . An Personal attack is directed at someone not a group of people That was fake news both quite some social media before star wars Yes those people are sick and disgusting every single one of them are monsters .

I mean if you really want to Discuss TLJ and it flaws I think your going to have a hard time because id argue in the context of this wiki TLJ isn't exactly popular and it would undoubtedly lead to nothing more than an echochamber, the people that do like it like myself and a few other members make up a minority and id argue many of them would like to move away from TLJ as much as possible considering the amount of toxicity the discourse brings.

I dont mind Discussing TLJ as long as it's done in the context of rational and good faith.

Okey I do thiink star wars fandonm has gotten an echo chamber like and way too toxic with many members moving a way form stars because I have good conversions about that movie. I am a member of the fandom mence really someplace that is not good for me. I did not know that I will try too be rational and reasonae next time but that was me just attacking the movie and not the people Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back