• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends - Episode II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the park is grealty overpriced the emplyes treat you like crap. the food and drinks are not good the rides are not entertaining. Content is terrible with resistence I herd is extremely underwhelming and boring. Fake new about employes and the cast.

I tried getting a copy of the Rebel Files, but I just can't get my hands on one right now. Can anyone give me the description of the Siege Breaker (Onager-Class) shattering mountains?

ByAsura said:
I tried getting a copy of the Rebel Files, but I just can't get my hands on one right now. Can anyone give me the description of the Siege Breaker (Onager-Class) shattering mountains?
I'm actually trying to track down the latest edition of the book, which rectifies some errors in the previous book (which were apparently the result of misplaced notes and guidelines).

Important late announcement: son of dathomir is both legends and canon. It was being made before Disney took over but it was released after, so it counts as both. I can post a link (if I find it again, that is) if y'all want

I just said it was released after Disney took over lol it's just that the making for it was during the legends canon era aka before Disney SP it's slightly legends as well.

if it's not released then it doesnt count, samwe reasonw hy season 7 of CW isnt legends either

also why Heir to the Jedi is canon despite being the third book of a trilogy, the other two are legends.

I see what u mean I guess. As for the second part I have no idea LMAO. BTW is that list about Vader being above sidious in canon actually legit?

Shadow Senpai is right. Son of Dathomir is 100% Canon, not Legends.

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
I see what u mean I guess. As for the second part I have no idea LMAO. BTW is that list about Vader being above sidious in canon actually legit?
No. George Lucas himself always stated that Vader was below Sidious. The new Story Group have made it abundantly clear (through statements and actions) that they are never going to violate things in Canon that are set in stone by Lucas himself.

I would also like to add that Canon feats and portrayal also put Sidious well above Vader.

In the Lords of the Sith novel, we see that Sidious can match Vader (though this is Vader long before his prime) going all out while still holding back himself.

In the Kieron Gillen Vader comics, we see that Vader (close to his prime) has to resort to treachery against Sidious, because he is not confident of facing him in combat.

In ROTJ, he was still wary of Sidious's power despite having a near equal (Luke) to potentially help him.

Than why are turbolasers so weak but starfighter grade missiles can orbilterate an aera of several hundreds meters with 2 peacing an prototype shield grid when the supremacy heavy turbolaser towers can no even atomize a smaller starship. Can creating visible explosions form space on the command center attack, are those prototype missiles because capital ships might not exist for very long. Why did the first order not thier thier more than 24 resurgent class battlecruisers and launch tens of thousands of support craft and tens of thousands of weapon batteries. Why do the supramcys turbolasers arc like world war battleship cannons? seems really off putting and wired. tell me something

Okey than delete it if you cannot understand it it is likey not worth anyone's time. I ment to say why are capital ship weapons so weak in Disney cannon while starfighter grade ones are vastly overpowered in comparison. Bn wing destroyered a capital ship in one shot a prototype starfighter mangaes to penetrate a protoype capital ships advanced shielding system so powerful and advanced not even the supremacy main weapons are useful. Assuming thier are on maximum power levels Okey thank you for your time

I ment to say why are capital ship weapons so weak in Disney cannon while starfighter grade ones are vastly overpowered in comparison.

But capital ship weapons do have some impressive feats (Megaton to Gigaton level) in Canon novels and comics: Refer this blog

Hell, capital ship weapons in Star Wars have more Megaton to Gigaton level feats in five years of Canon than in forty years of Legends.

Bn wing destroyered a capital ship in one shot

We have never seen a B-wing destroy a capital ship with a single shot in Canon. It took the combined firepower of two B-wings hitting a specific weak spot to take down the Devastator, which was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer.

And if you mean the B-wing prototype taking down an Arquitens-class Light Cruiser with a single shot: Keep in mind that it was a light command cruiser. Those things are fodder compared to even the regular Arquitens-class light cruiser. They are not some OP capital ships.

a prototype starfighter mangaes to penetrate a protoype capital ships advanced shielding system so powerful and advanced not even the supremacy main weapons are useful.

Starfighters flying below a capital ship's deflector shield envelope in order to attack the hull directly is nothing new to Star Wars. We see it in Return of the Jedi, The Clone Wars animated series, and even Legends works.

The only stupid inconsistency that comes to my mind regarding this is from Revenge of the Sith: Anakin in his Eta-2 Actis-class Light Interceptor takes shots at the hangar shield generators of the Invisible Hand, which was a Providence-class Dreadnought, from a good distance away, and clearly from outside of the Invisible Hand's deflector shield envelope.

Okey I was think about the incredible cross selections books. Have never seen rebels and I do not know all sub classes of classes of capital ships thanks. Megaton to Gigaton is not impressive the starship enterprise can blow up moons and raze entire continents with ease. Sorry if a upset you or this this just an explanation for things I might not know about but i see with o=you know it is at least hih Megaton to Mid Gigaton feats and many more

@soldier I was talking about skill with a lightsaber which is what it's on lol cuz in the verse itself there are, get ready for it inconsistencies! I know I know, how could this be? Well, it just is OK. Anyhow, inconsistencies consist of: dooku being made to be better than windu, who beat sidious fair and square, who is equal ish to yoda, who is much better than dooku, who lost to anakin, who is both worse than sidious and Vader, etc etc etc. See what I mean?

I recommend checking out YouTuber Antoine Bandele's Star Wars versus series of videos. In multiple videos, he brings up the pointlessness of using A>B>C logic when it comes to lightsaber duelling skills.

The best example he brings up is Dooku vs Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

Dooku can best Obi-Wan.

Anakin can best Dooku.

Therefore Anakin should be better than Obi-Wan, right? But he got bested by Obi-Wan, who was fighting mostly evenly against him for a long-ass time.

What is going on here?

Antoine Bandele brought up: Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Think of Dooku as the scissors. Anakin as the rock. Obi-Wan as the paper.

All lightsaber forms have their own sets of strengths and weaknesses.

Dooku's preferred form just so happened to be weak against Anakin's Form IV/V hybrid style, but good at penetrating the defences of Windu & Maul's Form VII and somewhat good at penetrating the defences of Obi-Wan's Form III.

Obi-Wan can put up a solid Form III defence that can't just be brute-forced through; you need skill and finesse like Dooku's. And Anakin's Form IV/V hybrid style is all about strength and power. Sure, he out-fenced Dooku at the end. But he had to whittle down Dooku first, something he could do thanks to being amped by anger at the time.

most of star wars duels are like this, it's very contextual, it's why i heavily disagree with Mace's current tiering but i digress.

there is very few cases in star wars where's an easy ABC scaling chain of logic.

I'd says scaling above the likes of Anakin and Obiwan and most Jedi council members to the closest tier that is, (I'm still going through all his feats)

his 4-B feat is very contextual and is roughly only supported by 2 things, Mace Windu being called the second best by WOG and his feat with Sidious in Episode III both which can be thoroughly challenged.

You could make the argument he was amped by Vaapad as well (Since that's based off Dark emotions and he kinda fought the most evil/powerful Sith in like forever)

What's the name of those Droids with the forcefields in the Clone Wars?

Edit: Nevermind.

One thing I'm excited about when it comes to TROS is that Lucas personally consulted on the film.

The prequels were a collection of great ideas with not-so-great execution.

TFA was a collection of recycled ideas with great execution.

Put those two together while eliminating the weaknesses and you could have something truly exciting.

Shadowbokunohero said:
Don Williams, John Williams brother confirmed that every single star wars melody will be in TROS

including Duel of the fates from Phantom Menace.
JJ wasn't kidding about tying all the three trilogies together.

Yeah also based on his comments we have an idea of the length of the film

2 hours and 15 Minutes so same as TFA

i was personally hoping for more but oh well.

TFA had 75 Min of Music for a 2:15 hour film

TROS has 135 Min of music

hmmm I'm thinking 2 hours and 40 miniutes for Tros.

@Soldier

How is Star Wars doing in India atm? like word of mouth wise, because like China India is one of the markets where Star Wars tends to struggle to break through, so im wondering if the series is building a good or bad reputation there.

context for music to screen time

Phantom Menace - 74 Mins (Actual Film: 136 Mins)

Attack of the Clones - 74 Mins (Actual Film: 144 Mins)

Revenge of the Sith - 62 Mins (Actual Film: 140 Mins)

A New Hope - 75 Mins (Actual Film: 125 Mins)

Empire Strikes Back - 74 Mins (Actual Film: 127 Mins)

Return of the Jedi - 45 Mins (Actual Film: 136 Mins)

Force Awakens - 77 Mins (Actual Film: 135 Mins)

Last Jedi - 77 Mins (Actual Film: 153 Mins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back