• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SSJ3 Goku/Innocent Majin Buu issue & Jiren scaling to the GoD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is with putting “Comparable to Beerus” in his justification, because there’s no real reason to do that. Also Beerus would be stronger, since he‘s > Broly Saga SSB Goku, who’s > Post-UIO2 SSB Goku, who’s > UIO1 Goku, who’s ≈ restrained Jiren.

Jiren’s justification should just be like this:
So do the following, instead of comparing him with Beerus, compare Jiren with Gods inferior to Bellmoth, like Champa who has the feat with Beerus and among others, put Jiren above the other Gods and that's it, you don't need to climb directly to Beerus, since if two Gods fight the two Universes belonging to that Gods will be destroyed (detailed explanation by Anja there)

Also, I feel like Jiren doesn’t need his base and full power keys to be separated anymore. We should just note if he’s holding back in the justifications of the characters scaling to him (which is really just Goku and Vegeta, everyone else scales off of them).

Also, I feel like Jiren doesn’t need his base and full power keys to be separated anymore. We should just note if he’s holding back in the justifications of the characters scaling to him (which is really just Goku and Vegeta, everyone else scales off of them).
That works.

Makes sense to me

Separating keys between suppressed and full power just never sat right with me tbh

Nah this is all way too good to be true someone is gonna come in and ruin it with some reductive argument.

This is vsbw, we're not allowed to buff DB here☠️
I mean the logic always made sense to me, I'm not exactly sure why it was rejected before but given the agreement of 3 staff members and the overall unanimous nature of this, I believe changes can be applied

Now we just need someone to unlock them profiles...

I don't think using the fact that the 3 GoDs didn't shake the WoV as a crutch is right tho. AoE shouldn't be used to discredit someone, I mean, we can have 2 universal guys fighting and only a tree will be destroyed and it would be normal in DBS.

Jiren>Belmond however is much better

I don't think using the fact that the 3 GoDs didn't shake the WoV as a crutch is right tho. AoE shouldn't be used to discredit someone, I mean, we can have 2 universal guys fighting and only a tree will be destroyed and it would be normal in DBS.
Except it’s established that if a fight between two GoDs will result in the destruction of two universes, which is 2-C. Jiren‘s ki had more of an effect than a battle between three GoDs, so he scales to 2-C.

I feel like for GoD's like Beerus it may be worth noting that nothing says that the clash of 2 GoD's destroying 2 universes would kill them, just everything else around them.

Hence, people can scale above the 2-universes shtick while still being below Beerus.

I feel like for GoD's like Beerus it may be worth noting that nothing says that the clash of 2 GoD's destroying 2 universes would kill them, just everything else around them.

Hence, people can scale above the 2-universes shtick while still being below Beerus.
I was actually going to mention this too. It seems to be implied that the GoDs can survive the destruction of 2 universes

Except it’s established that if a fight between two GoDs will result in the destruction of two universes, which is 2-C. Jiren‘s ki had more of an effect than a battle between three GoDs, so he scales to 2-C.
Even in the Manga, Beerus and Champa fought and only threatened to destroy the universes when they basically just said "screw it, I don't care anymore" and used that energy ball attack, THAT was when their angels got involved, they merely watched beforehand. In the anime, you could see the wave of destruction flaying outwardly, the angels then stepped in shortly after. Neither of this happened when the GoDs fought, they decided to fight using the actual tournament rules, which means they all held back

Beerus and Goku were literally hitting each other with universe busting blows and the AoE didn't reflect, they can choose to reel it in if they want to. Those 3 GoDs didn't affect the WoV, that doesn't mean they couldn't, Toppo didn't just shake the WoV, he literally warped the entire thing with one hakai while holding back so as not to kill Frieza, no way do those other GoDs don't do it and more unless you think Toppo>3 GoDs combined?

AP not matching AoE has been a thing through dragon ball GoD or not, using it to downscale then makes no sense.

I never said Jiren doesn't scale to 2c, but that assuming those GoDs were dishing out that level at that point might be faulty

It would kill their supreme kais, which would end up with then dead

Even in the Manga, Beerus and Champa fought and only threatened to destroy the universes when they basically just said "screw it, I don't care anymore" and used that energy ball attack, THAT was when their angels got involved, they merely watched beforehand. In the anime, you could see the wave of destruction flaying outwardly, the angels then stepped in shortly after. Neither of this happened when the GoDs fought, they decided to fight using the actual tournament rules, which means they all held back

Beerus and Goku were literally hitting each other with universe busting blows and the AoE didn't reflect, they can choose to reel it in if they want to. Those 3 GoDs didn't affect the WoV, that doesn't mean they couldn't, Toppo didn't just shake the WoV, he literally warped the entire thing with one hakai while holding back so as not to kill Frieza, no way do those other GoDs don't do it and more unless you think Toppo>3 GoDs combined?

AP not matching AoE has been a thing through dragon ball GoD or not, using it to downscale then makes no sense.
What you said means nothing. The tournament rules simply mean the GoDs didn't use their Hakai energy, and they can still go at full power without it since Hakai is Existence Erasure rather than AP. Also, Jiren was under tournament rules as well, so what you're saying just ends up canceling itself out anyway.

Also, the manga is a separate continuity, so please do not use it for anime stuff.

As for SSG Goku, he could only stop the universe's destruction by matching the exact positioning of Beerus's own punch. They were going to destroy the universe if Goku hadn't managed that. As for Toppo, he used Hakai, so irrelevant.

And another thing, the argument of "unless you think [X]" is a bad argument and an appeal to emotion so preferably do not do this. It doesn't matter if one thinks one way or another.

But the destruction itself isn't what's killing them then, it's just the death of the Supreme Kais

So this is not an argument
Not sure why you're being so confrontational, again, I didn't say they can't tank their own AP of 2 universes, when ridiculous suppressed BoG Beerus already tanked hits from sssg absorbed Goku that was verbatim stated to be capable of destroying the universe,
What you said means nothing. The tournament rules simply mean the GoDs didn't use their Hakai energy, and they can still go at full power without it since Hakai is Existence Erasure rather than AP. Also, Jiren was under tournament rules as well, so what you're saying just ends up canceling itself out anyway.

Also, the manga is a separate continuity, so please do not use it for anime stuff.

As for SSG Goku, he could only stop the universe's destruction by matching the exact positioning of Beerus's own punch. They were going to destroy the universe if Goku hadn't managed that. As for Toppo, he used Hakai, so irrelevant.

And another thing, the argument of "unless you think [X]" is a bad argument and an appeal to emotion so preferably do not do this. It doesn't matter if one thinks one way or another.
Their hakai energy is what was spreading out during Beerus vs Champa fight in the anime, that is what was corroding and destroying everything, not their basic punches or whatnot, which barely showed any AoE. So yea, that's a pretty big deal if they didn't exude any hakai energy.

For SSG Goku I am not referring to the cancelling punch, I am referring to this, after he absorbed it and then went SSJ
main-qimg-1a7e2d696b3ddd62e02b0b7571a5f9e7-lq

It's very possible for GoDs to throw out universe busters without causing much AoE.

Toppo used hakai? The one thing those other GoDs didn't use? The main thing that was spreading out of the Beerus vs Champa fight which caused the angels to intervene? That's my point, they have attacks that could easily affect the entire WoV if they wanted, they simply didn't use it.

"Unless you think" was wrong yes, basically, those GoDs are at the very least equal to a holding back Toppo.

You're making it sound as if two GoDs will just destroy the universe by just punches and basic ki blast as if they can't contain their own basic attacks. Beerus vs Champa, it was their destruction energy that leaked out, the 3 GoDs didn't do that, they simply used normal physical and ki attacks which showed contained explosions

Again, I have no issues with their rating

Just the notion that those 3 GoDs couldn't affect the WoV if they actually wanted simply because they didn't

The only issue I have with that argument was that Whis was the one stating this. Whis is the very one who taught Goku and Vegeta to not leak out their ki and that's how to utilize the powers of Gods and how they fight. Meaning their ki and stuff being kept inward instead of constantly flying outward is how Deities like the Gods of Destruction would fight. Yet Whis says despite knowing this is how GoDs fight, that any GoDs fighting would destroy the 2 Universes.

The only issue I have with that argument was that Whis was the one stating this. Whis is the very one who taught Goku and Vegeta to not leak out their ki and that's how to utilize the powers of Gods and how they fight. Meaning their ki and stuff being kept inward instead of constantly flying outward is how Deities like the Gods of Destruction would fight. Yet Whis says despite knowing this is how GoDs fight, that any GoDs fighting would destroy the 2 Universes.
We saw why he said this with Beerus and Champa, when they were fighting, their destructive energy ki leaked out, started spreading and started destroying everything, their actual attacks were basically what we see in everyday dbs.

The 3 GoDs didn't do this, theirs was a normal fight with kicks, punches and controlled blasts. Whether this is a side effect of 2 GoDs fighting that their hakai energy leaks out or if GoDs just don't give a crap, either way, those 3 GoDs did NOT leak hakai whatsoever, all they did was physical and ki blast s, and if THAT would have destroyed 2+ universes (or 3 in this instance, since there's 3 of them), then their blast AoE would have engulfed far more than what it did.

I mean, you can't honestly see that fight and claim those attacks were multi universal AOE busters even if their AP was probably such, to cover 2+ universe, the blast or shockwave has to....cover those universes

Their hakai energy is what was spreading out during Beerus vs Champa fight in the anime, that is what was corroding and destroying everything, not their basic punches or whatnot, which barely showed any AoE. So yea, that's a pretty big deal if they didn't exude any hakai energy.
They had their auras out so they were evidently exuding energy, along with the fact that they were using a bunch of energy attacks.

Hakai is Existence Erasure, not AP, so it doesn’t really factor into this. This is even evidenced by the fight between Beerus and Champa in Episode 70. Neither of them used Hakai at all, but Whis told Beerus “Are you trying to destroy the universe?”

Evidently, stuff like this is just a side effect of their battling.
For SSG Goku I am not referring to the cancelling punch, I am referring to this, after he absorbed it and then went SSJ
main-qimg-1a7e2d696b3ddd62e02b0b7571a5f9e7-lq

It's very possible for GoDs to throw out universe busters without causing much AoE.
This is after Goku had learned how to perfectly cancel out Beerus’s moves with his own. We’ve seen what happens when he doesn’t know how to do that, on both Goku’s and Beerus’s ends, so it’s clear that Beerus is still throwing out punches with universe destroying AOE. Goku just now knows how to cancel out that AOE
Toppo used hakai? The one thing those other GoDs didn't use? The main thing that was spreading out of the Beerus vs Champa fight which caused the angels to intervene? That's my point, they have attacks that could easily affect the entire WoV if they wanted, they simply didn't use it.
And as I’ve mentioned before, they don’t need Hakai to affect the universe. In addition, the GoDs would not be holding back here, as they’re not only testing the durability of the stage, but they were also trying to impress Zen-Oh.
You're making it sound as if two GoDs will just destroy the universe by just punches and basic ki blast as if they can't contain their own basic attacks. Beerus vs Champa, it was their destruction energy that leaked out, the 3 GoDs didn't do that, they simply used normal physical and ki attacks which showed contained explosions
Because that’s exactly what’s been shown multiple times. Goku vs. Beerus showed this, and then Beerus vs. Champa in Episode 70 did so as well. Even in your example, the corrosion was just a result of their basic punches.

I’m not too interested in this crt but I do wanna mention that it’s stated 2 G.o.D.s fighting will result into the destruction of 2 universes no matter what so it’s forbidden for it to happen at all and Beerus and Champa were threatening to destroy both very quickly which proves this notion so 3 G.o.D.s fighting longer than Beerus and Champa should be 2-C

The issue is that the 3 GoDs were actively fighting

Jiren did this just by walking
Which is a feat for him, not an anti feat for tat fight specifically

Compare Beerus vs Champa, look at how the destructive wave was spreading, and then when they clashed again with the sports match, how the natural disasters were starting Al from their position outwards until the angels quickly stepped in, the AoE is clear

Now look at the 3 GoDs fighting, no AoE , no nothing, it was basically the same as any other DBS fight, there is literally NOTHING there that shows any AoE of any kind whatsoever, we would have seen it, and much quicker since they are 3 as opposed to just 2

Jiren shaking a structure and someone else not shaking it, doesn't imply the other person is weaker, Dragon ball rarely gives AoE effects, guys stronger than that version of Jiren certainty didn't shake anything by just walking either.

But I mean, if majority still disagrees with this and still wants to use it fine

So Dragon Ball doesn’t show AoE… until it does?

What you’re saying doesn’t make sense to me. Gods of Destruction haven’t shown restraint on their AoE before, in any time that they’ve been in fights. Why would these 3 GoDs suddenly try to, especially when they’re testing the durability of the stage and trying to impress Zen-Oh?

AOE showings being highly inconsistent in dragon ball is not a new occurrence, that's one of the reasons that scaling is a major point in the series

And GoDs have clearly shown to control their AoE, Beerus suppressed himself to ridiculous levels in BoG, hell e en in that ToP GoD match, their attacks were clearly suppressed in AoE, UNLESS you're implying the size of those blasts corresponded with their AP, which basically implies they were fighting at what? Large building level? It's obvious they controlled their AoE in that fight, otherwise universe sized blasts would have appeared each time they attacked

Trying to imply a GoD can't control their own AoE itself makes no sense, thru would hakai their entire universe each time they used it of they couldn't

But like I said, compare Beerus vs Champa and observe the actual environmental AoE and disasters that were spreading out from them and compare to the exhibition match, and it's clear to see that there was no AoE effect whatsoever

"There was no AoE effect whatsoever"

This is blatantly false. They were causing massive damage to the surroundings and the gods were wondering "perhaps this is too much." So attention is clearly being paid to the AoE of their fight, and yet not once was the World of Void shaken.

This argument you're making is very much unsupported based on what I can gather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back