• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I found a YouTube link of the scene in dub, and it's at least implied
It appears that the "So is Gotenks stronger than you?" is dub only
Iol4JXA.png

z1fYI4c.png

vxD5Dt2.png

9eSJajo.png

It appears that the "So is Gotenks stronger than you?" is dub only
Iol4JXA.png

z1fYI4c.png

vxD5Dt2.png

9eSJajo.png
Also SSJ3 Gotenks would be stronger than SSJ3 Goku to begin with via overpowering a Buu much stronger than the one SSJ3 Goku fought. Hell, even as a regular Super Saiyan, he could heavily damage Super Buu.

Also SSJ3 Gotenks would be stronger than SSJ3 Goku to begin with via overpowering a Buu much stronger than the one SSJ3 Goku fought. Hell, even as a regular Super Saiyan, he could heavily damage Super Buu.
Goku basically one-shot Fat Janemba, who was stronger than Innocent Buu, I think Goku was holding back on the latter
The only scaling Super Buu has with SSJ3 Goku is easily overpowering him as Buutenks

Someone did mention the narrator stating that the first SSJ Gotenks was stronger than SSJ3 Goku in the Gotenks downgrade thread, I couldn't find it tho
It would be really good if it's true, since that would mean Innocent Buu also gets to 3-C via beating Base Gotenks, so that's neat

Goku basically one-shot Fat Janemba, who was stronger than Innocent Buu, I think Goku was holding back on the latter
Hard to say, especially because Fat Janemba doesn't have Buu's regeneration. Also, it's not even true that he one-shot him. Janemba took several serious attacks from SSJ3 Goku
The only scaling Super Buu has with SSJ3 Goku is easily overpowering him as Buutenks
Who Ultimate Gohan fought better against...

And Super Buu survived several hits from Ultimate Gohan, and his self-destruction threatened to harm him

Someone did mention the narrator stating that the first SSJ Gotenks was stronger than SSJ3 Goku in the Gotenks downgrade thread, I couldn't find it tho
It would be really good if it's true, since that would mean Innocent Buu also gets to 3-C via beating Base Gotenks, so that's neat
This would help a lot since I'm not the most comfortable with Fat Buu being so significantly below SSJ3 Goku so as to be down in Tier 4.

I think SS3 Gotenks being readily superior to SS3 Goku pre Vegito is solid as his base power starts off much higher than his; there is no reason to believe Gotenks’ SS3 would be a significantly lower boost than Gokus own SS3.

I think SS3 Gotenks being readily superior to SS3 Goku pre Vegito is solid as his base power starts off much higher than his; there is no reason to believe Gotenks’ SS3 would be a significantly lower boost than Gokus own SS3.
That's true. Base Gotenks survived Innocent Buu's assault (and frankly I'd put him at around Majin Vegeta level because of this)

Post vegito key makes ko sense imho, I don't think there's any proof that the apparitions of Gohan and Gotenks inside Buu's mind were equal to their actual PLs, goku was still scared shitless to face super Buu, while inside him, and we saw the inner dorm of super Buu casually destroy ssj2 Goku and Vegeta inside, when base Vegeta beat the ssj3 Gotenks copy. Ssj Vegeta should have been able to trounce super Buu even without fusion

If Goku and vegeta's power suddenly shot up hundreds to millions of times just from defusing (which absolutely nothing shows) it would have been stated or even hinted, getting that much stronger just from defusing has never been shown anywhere not was it shown there, nothing about their power level going up millions of times

These couple of statements putting kid Buu as the strongest is the main cause of concern here, because every common sense scaling puts it at near the bottom of the pile.
Buuhan>buutenks>buucolo>super Buu>kid buu would be the scaling and it would make absolute sense when taking everything into account
  • Goku stating only fusion could take super Buu
  • Goku not being worried about kid Buu .. until he learned of his ssj3 limitations in a human body

I mean if a few statements completely throws a competent scaling off and leaves people with making so many theories just to try and cover it up, simply label the statements as outliers or untrustworthy as it would go against the feats shown OR just leave kid Buu as an unknown rating while giving him a minimum scaling and pointing out the disparity between statements surrounding him and the feats and scaling about everyone else

Just my opinion tho

Last edited:
I don't think there's any proof that the apparitions of Gohan and Gotenks inside Buu's mind were equal to their actual PLs
The Daizenshuu says so, plus Goku also says so when fighting Gohan
So them being equal to their actual PLs isn't really up to discussion

As for the other stuff, the evidence for SSJ3 Goku and Kid Buu being at the top of the food chain far outweighs the contrary:
  • Goku and Vegeta miraculously gain enough power to compete with Ultimate Gohan and Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks in their regular Super Saiyan forms
  • Goku and Vegeta holding their own against Super Buu, and even destroying him with their combined Ki blast, with Super Buu even admitting that he only survived because they were inside of his body. Not only that, but they did this while being reduced to less than 1/100 of their power
  • Buff Buu being stronger than Super Buu, despite the fact that Kid Buu was toying with the South Supreme Kai
  • Kid Buu is stated 3 times by different sources (Narrator, supplemental material and characters) to be > Buuhan
  • Hirudegarn one-shotting SSJ3 Gotenks and defeating Ultimate Gohan with ease but matching SSJ3 Goku

Back