• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH Thread 3: Ruby and Sapphire... oh wait! [SPOILER]

^ Zelda profiles should be updated, then. A feat of Link seeing a bolt as slow or whatever and moving during the time slow was calculated in the MFTL range.

Though I think people already pointed the problems with that calc out. Still, that's a solid MHS+ feat that's higher than any previous Pikachu feat IIRC.

Link moved while lightning was frozen iirc, simply perceiving it as frozen is different.

GyroNutz said:
Link moved while lightning was frozen iirc, simply perceiving it as frozen is different.
Link moving got Sub-Relativistic, just perceiving the lightning as frozen is what netted him Massively FTL reactions, not that Pikachus feat would net the same results but just wanted to point that out. @Foxthefox The Zelda profiles were updated ages ago, it's just only a small select few (Hylia, Demise, and full Triforce users) scale to the feat since Breath Link only perceives the lightning as frozen while in a hyper focused state that greatly increases his speed as opposed to his normal speed and reactions.

Yeah, I'm more curious about Pikachu reacting to the lightning, then his physical movements and then firing a Thunderbolt all before the lightning bolt would have struck them.

The justification is apparently....

"Lifting Strength: Class 100 (Comparable to Scizor. It can easily launch dozens of meters in the air opponents that are 100 times heavier than it) | Class 100 (Can lift a fighter plane)"

Class 100 is 50,000 kilograms to 100,000 kg. Do fighter planes have known or minimum weights tending to be above 50,000 kg?

Also, I forget if throwing something increases how much we treat as being lifted, but I'm very sure no Pokemon is "100 times heavier" than Heracross. Heracross weighs 54 kg. 54 * 100 = 5,400.

But the heaviest Pokemon known is Cosmoem, at 999.9 kg. (Seems like an arbitrary stopping point, GameFreak, especially given the thematic origin, IMHO.)

Meaning there isn't even one Pokemon that's TWENTY times heavier than Heracross, let alone one hundred times heavier!

Also, saying "Comparable to Scizor." seems dumb, because Scizor has no Lifting Strength justifications on its page!

Here is the Pokemon Crystal and Y PokeDex descriptions, "With its Herculean powers, it can easily throw around an object that is 100 times its own weight."

Here is Mega-Heracross' Pokemon Ultra Sun PokeDex description, "It can grip things with its two horns and lift 500 times its own body weight."

54 * 100 = 5,400 kg which would make Heracross' Lifting Strength Class 10, and 62.5 x 500 = 31,250 kg which would make Mega-Heracross' Lifting Strength Class 50.

Ah. Forgot about the entries. Although the justification says "opponents" rather than objects. I guess it's likely it can lift objects or opponents 100 times heavier. Still doesn't explain being "Comparable to Scizor", nor how it got to Class 100 in base.

"From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and form them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."

Is it possible that this imply the Concepts of Space and Time, that Palkia and Dialga created and embody, predates the world and might be Type 2 Concepts?

Also the Creation Trio should have Abstract Existence Type 1

Everything12 said:
"From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and form them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep..."
Is it possible that this imply the Concepts of Space and Time, that Palkia and Dialga created and embody, predates the world and might be Type 2 Concepts?

Also the Creation Trio should have Abstract Existence Type 1
That's the Lake Trio isn't it?

Can I just point out that the Adamant Orb's Japanese name is Diamond Orb, Griseous Orb's Japanese name is Platinum Orb, but the Lustrous Orb's Japanese name is the White Orb? Shouldn't it be the Pearl Orb, as redundant as that might be?

Why does the Creation and Lake Trio not have Soul Immunity from predating Spirit, which is obviously just another name for a Soul.

Clearly the third member of the creation trio is Reshiram

@Everything12 it's been suggested in a creation trio CRT that has been going on for like a year now

So same as Abstract Existence Type 1 for the Trio, something obvious thye won't get because of a dead CRT holding them back.

He can't time travel so no, a past and future version of Palkia is as useful for it as everyone else, and the future version will die with the present version without being able to prevent it as much as everyone else.

I think that they should have type 5, yeah. Iirc there was another piece of evidence for it on the old CRT.

I wish Sharpedo got in Gen VIII, just so that it gets Fishious Rend and Mega sets abuse it on the Narional Dex format at Smogon.

He would become a Dracovish that is more fragile but is far more prone at hitting harder thanks to Speed Boost.

Everything12 said:
Why does the Creation and Lake Trio not have Soul Immunity from predating Spirit, which is obviously just another name for a Soul.
The Lake Guardians/Trio have it on their pages.

Bobsican said:
I wish Sharpedo got in Gen VIII, just so that it gets Fishious Rend and Mega sets abuse it on the Narional Dex format at Smogon.
He would become a Dracovish that is more fragile but is far more prone at hitting harder thanks to Speed Boost.
I was thinking about that myself, but fishious rend Sharpedo is absolutely broken lol. It has zero switch-ins, even fully defensive Ferrothorn takes over half from a mega shark's fishious rend.

Well, there's Toxapex

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Sharpedo-Mega Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 129-152 (42.4 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Defensive Tangrowth is the only thing I can think of that actually switches into mega shark if it got fishious rend, and even then it'd have to be fully defensive or run leftovers to avoid the 2HKO from something like Ice Fang (since you don't need Crunch or Earthquake when you have a 170 base power + strong jaw move)

With Fishious Rend? He can stay away for as long as possible.

On a serious note, he hasn't been confirmed in any of the upcoming DLCs yet. Though an equally scary (land) shark has been, who may be getting Dragon Dance.

Back