• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH Thread 3: Ruby and Sapphire... oh wait! [SPOILER]

So if that's the case, then there are, infact, universes where the HGSS protagonist has a newborn Giratina. If this is the case, it seems to contradict the claim that Giratina can only temporarily leave the Distortion World due to its Antimatter properties/power.

So either:

A) HGSS Giratina needs to grow and develop its powers before it becomes a threat to creation

or

B) Giratina doesn't need to be in the Distortion World

Which implies either Giratina fears Arceus (which is why it prefers to stay in the Distortion World) or it wasn't banished to the Distortion World and simply prefers to be there, in its own dimension.

I would consider that Giratina simply rampaged once (like Dialga and Palkia) and Arceus was forced to banish it due to its powers erasing creation when projected, but this would bring into question why Arceus is seemingly fine with creating another Giratina in the normal world.

I know Poke Balls limit the power of legendaries (to memory) but you can release pokemon, so does that mean Arceus banishes the newborn Giratinas if they are released?

what i mean by "event" pokemon is pokemon you get from gifts because those make no sense whatsoever unless darkrai can learn roar of ****** time in canon and the numerous gift arceus's.

the photoshop arceus event shouldn't be canon because of the numerous problems with it like there being two of palkia, dialga or giratina(ESPECIALLY GIRATINA), the fact arceus is even there with you at all and the fact you got it by gift.

Although, thinking about it...Dialga and Palkia kinda just foolishly thrash about and threaten existence whenever they have a sibling fight, whereas Giratina always seem to be incredibly cautious and focused on preserving existence.

So, is Giratina just afraid its siblings will enrage Arceus? Or is Giratina actually the most responsible and protective of the Creation Trio, regarding the balance of existence?

If the latter, that implies Giratina would have willingly created and gone to the Distortion World to prevent its powers from running amok, and it only leaves if it feels reality is threatened enough and Dialga or Palkia aren't capable of stopping it.

Most of these issues just seem to be very specific, and it sure is something the Pokémon Company just doesn't care about.

But you got an interesting point in talking about another universe, because it really is one, and in a very specific way. When the event was explained in detail on the official Pokémon website, it was described that that place was where Arceus literally went to create a new universe. The event then is literally Arceus creating a new universe and with that "Dialga, Palkia and Giratina" that are from that universe. So, theoretically the game's story will take place in another universe after you ends the event.

Doesn't that technically mean that everyone that did that event, effectively created two different universes in their copy of HGSS? Although, I doubt anyone can prove how many did that event, and the number would be pretty insignificant on a greater scale.

Technically, yes.

And yes, the events are mostly contradictory, they don't make much sense, but as far as we know it's just something that the Pokémon Company likes to do because it gives us one more thing to do (At least it was something that they did before the most recent games).

it's kinda ironic how giratina is the responsible one and dialga and palkia are the dangerous ones, i'm suprised arceus hasn't banished those two already.

I'd like to remind everyone of a few things:

1. The only time Dialga and Palkia have shown to fight each other is because of Arceus' awekening messing up with their areas of domain and causing them to merge

2. Giratina in the manga is outright a villain and also intentionally tried to erase the Pokémon universe, while Dialga and Palkia are goody two-shoes

Giratina in the manga was just REALLY pissed off at Palkia and Dialga for keeping it stuck in the distortion world

Looking it up, the trio you refer to seem to have been newly made ones, or at least that's the impression that Bulbapedia gives me.

The new Giratina was banished into the Distortion World, and based on its similarities with the Giratina that chronologically appears later, it would seem it may be the one consistently appearing rather than the 'main' Giratina.

Of course, I don't read Adventures and am going based on Bulbapedia so I'm probably wrong. Even so, it makes me wonder why Anime Giratina can be calmed down by Ash out of gratitude from a previous encounter when the Giratina in Adventures seems to be actively violent and angry.

So either:

A) The antagonistic Giratina in Adventures has always been the one made by Archer

B) Avatars have differing personalities

or

C) Giratina just likes Ash that much for saving it

In the manga the Creation trio created by Arceus in the Sinjoh ruins share the same memories of the old Creation trio

Okay, so I guess Giratina just loves Ash. A LOT.

Honestly, that has to fall under some power/ability on the wiki. Divine favour? Something along those lines.

It's close, but I don't think Ash has been blessed with anything special. I mean, he has a very powerful Aura but I doubt that's due to any legendary intervention.

I'm considering this should exist as an ability. Like, there are characters that rely on the powers of their gods adding them, right? So say Ash conflicted with someone who gains power from an evil god, and that god tries to step into the 'territory' of favour that Ash seems to have from the pokemon gods. This could, logically, cause legendaries that favour Ash to reject the presence of a 'foreign god' in influencing or trying to convert him.

I understand that's a bit confusing sounding, but what I mean is:

• Character attains power by interacting with their god
  • That God's powers works by influencing that character's target
  • Pokemon gods wag their finger at this foreign god trying to influence their favoured mortal
  • God's power is negated or resisted by the gods favouring Ash
Something like that?

On the topic of Ash, why doesn't he have Aura? Is it because it's from the movies or because he didn't really use it after that point?

Ash also heard and tracked down a Riolu in the anime, due to their connection with Aura. Even with zero training, he's capable of detecting and tracking down Aura signatures.

Also, Ash having an especially powerful Aura should be noted, due to many attacks interacting with vital energies in different verses.

I might be wrong, but I think Ash might have:

• Aura (Extremely powerful for a human)
  • Extrasensory Perception (can detect strong auras)
  • possibly Mind Reading (could hear Riolu's thoughts, and has heard Lugia's thoughts albeit this may be due to Lugia's telepathy linking to Ash)
  • Acrobatics (wall-running, jumping between platforms, incredible leaping, handling falls. Seems to fit Ash to a T)
  • Something related to Animals? (Has consistently depicted a much stronger connection and understanding of the emotions of pokemon than much of the cast, shown to be unique when compared to Go)
There is also Bond Phenomenon, which should be some form of power that Ash has access to (with Greninja).

Back