• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupy's Bracket Bowl: The Return! Round 2!

Damn. Would summons help? He has 10 (as each arm can be equipped twice).

Otherwise, Flash Freeze has potential, though that requires him getting really close to Undyne. Hurricane Monkey could help with that, since it might be able to blow away her spears, but he'd have to switch between that and his freezing aura (which isn't really an issue, given it's done so quickly

If SBM is in the air, his projectiles will keep going after they're out of throwing range (because gravity). They won't just disappear. Meanwhile, Undyne's spears will be going against gravity.

Well. Here's how I see it. When going at it, both can release a Bullet hell of attacks. Super monkey has arguably better and more accurate shots, Undyne has notably stronger ones. Neither to my recollection actually deal with dodging bullet hell though. So I think AP is the biggest deciding factor. And Undyne has a pretty notable one. So I would say her. Less Super monkey can deal with the danmaku she gives off (albeit, it's not the best danmaku), he probably doesn't take it.

She has danmaku, can summon spears from multiple directions around him, can potentially paralyze him in one place with green mode...

And he has 9-B dura.

Voting for the fish lady for now.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She has danmaku, can summon spears from multiple directions around him, can potentially paralyze him in one place with green mode...

And he has 9-B dura.

Voting for the fish lady for now.
Wait, wha- *checks again*............ well RIP

BigSmoke4269 said:
If SBM is in the air, his projectiles will keep going after they're out of throwing range (because gravity). They won't just disappear. Meanwhile, Undyne's spears will be going against gravity.

Durability should have 9-A with higher upgrades, but I forgot to put that. Regardless, Super Monkey's danmaku is far superior to Undyne's, so that and summons shouldn't be an issue for making up for Green Mode

Undyne's spears fly and are made out of magic. Gravity has never affected them.

Differently, the monkey's attacks would need to be coming directly from above Undyne to use gravity, which makes her liable to just stepping aside.

Robot972 said:
Durability should have 9-A with higher upgrades, but I forgot to put that. Regardless, Super Monkey's danmaku is far superior to Undyne's, so that and summons shouldn't be an issue for making up for Green Mode
If she kills the summons she can just absorb their soul to amp herself.

Just saying, BSM is far more likely to dodge. Sans is literally the only character in the game who dodges, so we know it's possible.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Just saying, BSM is far more likely to dodge. Sans is literally the only character in the game who dodges, so we know it's possible.
No. Undyne's story about her fights with Asgore makes it clear that all monsters are capable of, and do indeed dodge.

It's a game mechanic. Sans abuses game mechanics, which is why it's been even argued that he shouldn't be allowed to fight since half of his abilities rely on game mechanics.

If she kills the summons she can just absorb their soul to amp herself.

Assuming Undertale's soul rules apply, I don't think Undyne can absorb their souls, or if it would benefit her in any way. Monkey souls don't work the same way as Monster Souls

Yes, but the souls of Bloons don't function similarly to Undertale

Plus, we don't know if either Humans or Monsters can ansorb animal souls in the first place

Verse equalization.

Assuming they can't is unneeded tough. The rule is that you can absorb the soul of someone the same species as you.

Regardless of my opinions on the matter and the fact that it leaves too many open variables.

I don't think Super Monkey, without Power Ups, has any real way to beat her.

I disagree with her absorbing the souls to amp herself. I don't think we should assume she would do that. She does tend to take it easy on her opponents from the start, which by dialogue, is not game mechanics.

But if he can dodge Danmaku. That helps his case a good bit. But what doesn't is 9-B durability. That basically negates it.

What degree of Danmaku does he dodge? Cause if we are talking like Binding of Isaac Danmaku, that's something I may see as a vote changer.

Im sure thats not in her character to do that, nor has it ever been demonstrated. Ive played through all of Undertale, and never do I remember a scene of Undyne absorbing the souls, unless the closest thing you mean is Undyne at near death or her going into her Undying form. But regardless, she still wins due to Super Monkey being a glass cannon.

I mean the type he dodges. I know he gives off hellish danmaku. If he was able to handle danmaku to his own degree he gives off. I would switch, cause that's so much to overwhelm. Even at a disadvantage in AP, that kind of constant attack would take Undyne down pretty fast. But the stuff I see him dodge there isn't dodging. It's just overwhelming the screen with his own attacks, and or not that much danmaku. While Undertale has fairly weak danmaku with some characters, Undyne can get some pretty good one in her best state

>Super Monkey gets the 9-A durability he was supposed to have

>People still use his 9-B durability as justification for votes

Ok

Wait. 9-A durability? Ok. Then I may switch, I'll have to watch the video when I can. But if he has 9-a durability and can handle Danmaku. He may overwhelm Undyne cause his attacks are vastly better in accuracy, and amount of attacks

I mean I don't think he'd be able to dodge Undyne's attacks becuase the whole green soul you're stuck there thing

Back