• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora, Kairi, Aqua and Fate Manipulation

This should probably be uncontroversial to apply.

Oh, and her "Unknown" key for Pre-KHIII should be "At least High 4-C as she can scale to other Keyblade Wielders, as far I´m aware.

Eh. She literally picked up a keyblade for the first time in KH 2 and her only feats are beating fodder shadows. Unknown, possibly At least High 4-C is the most I see.

Well, she can also scale to Axel as she could keep up with him while training in 2.9 or so

But that is after DDD...

Yeah, just "Possibly at least High 4-C" seems better.

The stuff on the OP has been applied

The new Kairi stuff, however, not yet, as it seems to need more input.

Bump.

I think this is better in another thread when I think about it, so this should be closed (I´ll make the thread for the Kairi stuff later on.)

Doubt you're getting anymore input anytime soon, so sure it can be applied.

I've actually been following this for a while, so I guess I'll input. Sorry if anyone minds that.

I don't disagree that this is an ability Aqua has, but if Aqua is the one casting the spell on Kairi, why are we assuming she gave Kairi an ability via Power Bestowal, as opposed to Aqua just having a specific kind of Fate Manipulation with a really long duration?

Imaginym said:
I've actually been following this for a while, so I guess I'll input. Sorry if anyone minds that.
I don't disagree that this is an ability Aqua has, but if Aqua is the one casting the spell on Kairi, why are we assuming she gave Kairi an ability via Power Bestowal, as opposed to Aqua just having a specific kind of Fate Manipulation with a really long duration?
Because as you can see on the link at the OP, Aqua was very explicit on it being a power granted by her.

That was concluded already anyways

I´ll apply the Kairi stuff a bit later.

@Bobsician:

Aqua's exact words are "I just cast a magic spell on you. One day when you're in trouble, the light within you will lead you to the light of another. Someone to keep you safe."

If it's Aqua casting the spell, how do we know it's not entirely her spell's actions/effects, as opposed to those of a new ability the spell created, especially if it's temporary, since she says "One day when you're in trouble"?

@Bobsician:

Aqua: "I guess it must've worked-the spell that I cast on you."

Kairi: "I'm sorry. Those days are hazy for me. But it sounds like I'd have been in trouble without you. So thank you."

Aqua: "Please. You were really, very little. Anyone would forget, hazy memory or not."

I don't think their conversation confirms anything other than the spell worked, & the confirmation in that conversation is Aqua assuming based on what she's heard.

Even then. It doesn't specify what the effects of their spell were.

So we still don't know if the Fate Manipulation was an ability Aqua gave Kairi that she had for years, or an effect of Aqua's spell that it performed independently of Kairi's own ability.

Also, "the light within you will lead you to the light of another." COULD be interpreted another way:

"The light within you" could refer to the Heart -Didn't Aqua sense a strong light in Kairi when she met her as a kid?- since Hearts are often associated with light, & as Kairi's a Princess of Heart, hers is pure light.

Aqua cast the spell 10 years before KH1, so that could be "some day", meaning the destruction of Destiny Islands may have been a relevant event.

When Destiny Islands was destroyed, Kairi's Heart ("the light within you") fled into Sora's Heart for shelter: "Someone to keep you safe."

That event is one of the most certain circumstances of Sora protecting Kairi by Kairi going to Sora.

So if it DOES refer to that event... well, is your Heart moving of its own volition because of someone else's ability Fate Manipulation or Power Bestowal?

Because if the spell Aqua performed DID work, then what event was it that it caused to occur?

Heck, during the scene where they confirm it worked, the flashback is to Aqua & Kairi's meeting, with Aqua stating that the Unversed tried to attack Kairi.

What other events occured where the light within Kairi lead her to the light of another to keep her safe, when she was in trouble?

Because I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS for when Kairi's Heart took shelter in Sora's.

I forget: How did her & Riku come to meet in Kingdom Hearts II?

That MIGHT be an events the spell's effects caused? I'm not sure.

And yes, she survives the Dark Tower in KHIII, but I don't think she was in the best shape after. Sora had to shield her with his body, she's presumably weaker than the other Keyblade Wielders (in training & all), she was holding onto Sora "with all of her strength" when he was in TFW.

And when they finally did reunite after Sora abused the Power of Waking, they met... where? How, exactly? Flying in a dark yet shiny void?? I'm not sure where or what that was.

I don't think allowing her to survive The Dark Tower's assault is "leading her to the light of another to keep her safe, when she was in trouble".

Plus, wasn't The 7 Lights vs The Dark Tower/Demon Tide AFTER they all met up at Merlin's and Aqua verbally confirmed/assumed the spell had already worked?

For the KHII part, well, as you remember, Kairi and Pluto managed to escape, then Saix found them, only for Ansem (Aka, Riku) to come to the rescue and even gave her a keyblade.

Second, she could actually keep up with Lea in KHIII, who could keep up with Roxas, Sora, etc.

For the meeting after abusing the Power of Waking, that one is probably just in the way between worlds, as Sora was still going to the Keyblade Graveyard at that moment.

How Kairi got there too? No one knows, but we still know that it is also the same time the causality manip is triggered to undo the loss of everyone as if nothing happened, which is why the scene after this goes exactly the same until Lingering Will kicks in.

Hadn't Kairi & Pluto escaped with the help of Namine? Did Namine have a Heart at that point? And wasn't Kairi's Keyblade unknowingly bequeathed to her when she met Aqua?

She trained with Lea, but we didn't see her combat with him, & while she did fight at the same time, fighting in cooperation with someone not trying to kill you isn't the same as matching their abilities. And in the boss fights she was involved in, didn't she struggle greatly, as opposed to Roxas & Xion, who absolutely demolished Saix?

She could still take hits, so if anything, she would just be a bit lower than the others, but still not enought to change tier.

And yes to the Naminé part, and the heart part surely happened, as in KHIII she managed to get a vessel to be in, instead of just being in Kairi, something that a heart is needed for.

After all, there are statements of Nobodies being able to make a heart for itself if it gets enought emotions, which could be useful for the other abstract CRT.

And no to the Keyblade part she got it from Ansem (Aka, Riku) in KHII, remember?

I'm not trying to re-tier Kairi, just pointing out she didn't take The Dark Tower's attack unscathed. Unsure it was the spell's effect. (Plus, didn't you already agree "Possibly at least High 4-C" seems better?)

I suppose it's true Riku-Ansem handed her her Keyblade, but KH2 showed us a Keyblade will reject someone unworthy of using it via teleporting out of their hand, as with Sora handing his to Jack Sparrow.

And I'm pretty sure it was stated somewhere kid Kairi holding Aqua's Keyblade while standing behind her was how Aqua bequeathed one to Kairi, hence Kairi's ability to wield one.

When I asked if Namine had a Heart at that point, I meant in KH2; I'm concerned with if she had one in KH2 because Aqua says the spell will "lead her to the light of another to keep her safe, when she was in trouble".

If someone's light is their Heart, leading Kairi to Namine when Namine hadn't finished growing a Heart wouldn't make as much sense as other possible events to interpret as results of the spell.

How much time is between KH2's end (Namine makes a portal for Kairi & Pluto.) & KH3's end (Repliku takes Dark Riku's Replica to Namine.) anyway?

Well, she was a "heart" inside Kairi´s body (As we can see Sora and Kairi meeting each other right before the portal part, at which Roxas and Naminé chat a bit and point into how they are already in the respective hosts (Kairi and Sora), so...

As for the time, well, a few weeks or so, judging by Dream Drop Distance and KHIII seemingly taking that long combined.

Anyway, what events meet the criteria of Aqua's Spell?

What events occured where the light within Kairi lead her to the light of another to keep her safe, when she was in trouble?

It seems like possible times were:

1. When Kairi's Heart (the light within her) fled to Sora's Heart when Destiny Islands was destroyed by the Darkness?

2. When Namine freed Kairi & Pluto, or when they encountered Riku-Ansem, who gave her a Keyblade.(That she was presumably able to wield because Aqua unknowingly bequeathed to Kairi as a kid.)

Are there other times it could refer to, given Aqua's wording of "One day when you're in trouble"?

So wouldn't when her Heart went into Sora's on Destiny Islands be the most likely candidate, since it was specifically her Heart (a pure light) going into Sora's strongly light-aligned Heart for shelter, since it had already sheltered Roxas's Heart?

Her heart is in Sora for most of KH1 anyway, so she can't have been lead to him many other times in KH1.

No, Roxas was made at the same time he frees his own heart to also free Kairi´s, which is late KHI-Early CoM and 358/2 Days

And yes, it´s a big candidate, but "to keep you safe" can also mean for longer than that, especially considering Sora still tried to support her in later games.

Back