• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog Revisions/Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this thread turned bad. People are seriously considering scaling Sonic to classic Sonic and ignoring all his better feats.

I will debunk all the arguments that were made since I woke up. No offense, but Weekly's points are still as flawed as before.

Also, people are ignoring that the machine's detonation would release enough energy to destroy the whole world as soon as it started absorbing.

KinkiestSins said:
Why is it so taboo that we use science and calcs for our profiles, but discard others because it doesnt make sense?
We cant cherry pick things just because imo
Some things: No one is doing this. Some assumptions are far easier to make, more logical, follow the principle of Occam's razor, and in the case of this thread are just straight up unnecessary.

The machine that was draining the planet dry had enough power to destroy the world after absorbing the energy for minutes.

@Fire Youre ignoring the fact that the Eggrobo itself never did any of that, the machine that charged its battery did

This and the Splatoon argumnt are both flawed. We can certainly tell how powerful a weapon is by its power source, such as the Chaos Emeralds powering planet and star-busting energy cannons when using their weaker half.

Also the Death Star reactor producing more energy than 100 main-sequence stars generate during whole weeks for each shot of its laser. Stated in the Legends Novel "Death Star".

For both instances of the fights, Eggman's robots were being powered by the whole energy of a planet, formerly, and later by the combined power of a whole race, and in either instance he was determined to destroy Sonic once and for all, and so wouldn't hold back.

Also the machine had enough energy to destroy a world after being activated for mere minutes, as stated by the genius scientist who built it.

And if that's not enough, there are other feats, such as Infinite's sun which would undoubtedly wield something like High 6-A if calced (Even FMA Father's sun which is the size of a fist is 6-C), and stuff like the destruction of the amusement park, which even if not planet-sized is really impressive and would wield Tier 6 somewhere.

Other feats are out there, too.

We don't need to downgrade Sonic to 8-A because he has far better feats which are being ignored. Calc them and find a value.

Matthew, i'm also concerned about the downgrade. The Eggdragon was powered by a alot of energy from an at least 5-A being, it and those like Iblis and Infinite being just 8-A+ is just too low for me.

Iblis can wipe out all life on Earth and reduce it to a wasteland of lava and ash very quickly. Eggdragon is a good point.

8-A+ is ridiculous downplay. A lot of this thread is just ignoring feats for the sake of downplay, honestly.

Reading everything that has happened up until now... Matthew makes more sense. Plus, even if we use Generations and Forces as potential downplay , the feats in those games still wield tier 6 . I can understand Weekly's argument, but he needs to be a bit stronger for this to go through.

No, don't downgrade my childhood character! Oh wait...actually never mind. Please downgrade Sonic the Hedgehog! So that Son Goku from Dragon Ball can teach his rip-off counterpart his place!

While we're at it, we might want to give Excalibur Sonic a buff. The Dark Queen would've had to create a reality of at least the size of a Solar System. Because if it wasn't, that planet would've been scorched by that star. As for the arguments above, I have to go with Matt. Besides, Sonic beat the shit out of Iblis. Who IS 6-A at least. And before you say, "Oh, Iblis is only 6-A because Mephiles is." That's wrong, Iblis was able to terraform the entirety of the Earth's surface into a molten wasteland.

I know this is off topic but shouldn't sonic have time paradox immunity due to being able to interact with his youingerself for an extended period of time ?

i don't know but that's the reason why bayonetta has it on her profile. I was just wondering would the same apply here.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Matt Yes and that part i agree with. The issue is Sonic never actually fought the version of Ifrit that actually did that, he never fought Ifrit when it was fully awakened
He fought Silver in Rivals and Generations, and beat him. That Silver fought that Ifrit.

So he scales to Silver, who fought that Ifrit.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Rivals, Generations and 06.
He lost in 06, both encounters. He won in the rest tho.

Edit: In the first one he knocks Silver off his feet, oops. Still lost in the end.

Yes, but that doesn't mean Sonic absorbs all of the Chaos Emeralds' powers all the time. He absorbs just enough to beat the final boss. Solaris was the only instance in which the full power of the Chaos Emeralds were actually used.

So, no downgrades at all. I guess:

-Silver beat Iblis, Silver lost against Sonic in Rivals and Generations.

-Sonic fought the same Iblis Silver fought. The Iblis that burnt the entire planet to the ground.

-Silver fought the Ifrit that destroyed his world. NOT Sonic.

-Eggrobo is probably still valid.

Mamy other sites frown on power source scalimg.

Not gonna fault you guys, but by that rule alone, a lot of character are downgraded outside of this wiki. I see yours as the absolute highest a character can go with some reason behind it, but I more so believe in the other site's ratings.

In all honesty, I could care less what Sonic's tier is. The verse is as consistent as it is ludicrous and over-the-top. And don't even get me started on the canon.

Either way, I'm neutral.

I completely agree with Matt here.

First of all, we do scale draining feats to AP. Accelerator is High 6-A for draining the Earth's rotational energy.

Second, Weekly, no offense, but you really need to stop purposedly misinterpreting Death of the Author when Word of God disagrees with your assessment.

"First of all, we do scale draining feats to AP. Accelerator is High 6-A for draining the Earth's rotational energy."

The guy creates a blast with the energy he drains. He is not powered by the energy. Its an AP feat itself.

Kepekley23 said:
Being powered by the energy is already enough to have that AP rating.
No.

It has never been afaik. We dont fully scale people to their sources otherwise iirc someone from Kirby would be 3-A because of the crown thing.

Kirby isn't 3-A because it's an outlier, and Sectonia never drained all of the crown's energy either. That's a false equivalence.

If you drained all of your power source, you have all of its energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back