• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic the Hedgehog Revisions/Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already showed you in the beginning of this thread, this is exactly what I mean. It's like you're looking at a wholly different game.

All your arguments have been addressed from the start. We scale from power-source absorption all the time. Stop bringing up arguments that have been answered, debunked, or have no correlation with the wiki.

And I explained why the destruction would be High 6-A at least, it would cover the whole globe. Doesn't mean it would disintegrate the planet.

Cream scales to Tails why exactly? Tails hasn't actually had a legit fight since Heroes. He's basically an NPC that's attached to Sonic at this point. The guy couldn't even beat Chaos Zero in Forces. Tails does not scales to Sonic's new feats cause they never have to fight and haven't since Lost World.

This retroactive scaling is complete *****. Mario characters that haven't even appeared in RPGs shouldn't get scaled to RPGs and same for the mainstream games. That's one thing I feel the site needs to tidy up.

@Fox

Not just the fight in Heroes, but also how the Sonic Advanced 3 teams work.

Teams featuring Knuckles are power teams. Teams featuring Sonic are speed teams. Teams featuring Tails or Amy and Cream and not the afformentioned two are flight teams.

This shows that Knuckles is the strongest, Sonic is the fastest, and the rest is comparably below.

Also Chaos 0 in Lost World is not even the real thing. Tails being that weak is an outlier. Don't bring it up.

@Weekly

I've seen translations that just say that the explosion would swipe the whole globe, which is High 6-A.

And yes, we do. The feat of absorbing the energy is the feat. Please don't bring up things from nowhere.

That doesn't show they are comparable. Hell, it's evidence from a game from before the feat in question existed so it's irrelevant.

That logic is so idiotic, I'm sorry.

That's like saying we can't scale what Spiderman does in Issue #2 to #1.

The characters don't get stronger. Thus they scale.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Kinkiest
That was a Brazilian translation I found. I think the best is to show scene to a guy who knows Japanese.
I love Portuguese dude, really.

But can we call agree that it is best to find the japanese source and start from there?

This thread can honestly be 'closed' if this WoG thing is cleared up.

@Matt Scans?

And since when do we do that? Im making a tier 7 Splatoon upgrade if we actually do.

Since when do we take any other translation of a japanese game over the japanese translation for a japanese game?

WeeklyBattles said:
...and everyone blindly agreeing with you.
Real talk.

The moment you say this it's like a child throwing a tantrum because people don't agree to their points. Accusing literally every other person in the thread is quite immature action from you, considering admin position and all that.

What logic is yours then? Sonic imdeed DOES get stronger? What the hell are you saying? None of the other characters have had statements they're gettung stronger. It would be stupid to assume they don't get stronger, but from what we're given, Sonic wrecked Infinite after the first time and did more than what Silver could do, which is directly stated by Infinite himself, amd Silver had a damn prototype with him as well.

Sonic is like Goku. Just because Yamcha is a reoccurring character doesn't mean he scales to one stated to constantly grow and adapt.

I feel like Fox is right to an extent. While there are obviously many characters who scale to Sonic, not all should.

Sonic doesn't get stronger. Prove it. If anything, Generations gives support that Sonic is always as strong.

Sonic Forces is the only time where he has an explicit power boost in story.

FateAlbane said:
Real talk.

The moment you say this it's like a child throwing a tantrum because people don't agree to their points. Accusing literally every other person in the thread is quite immature action from you, considering admin position and all that.
Real talk, not meant to derail or accuse anyone

But if I had a dollar for anyone with a colored name throwing a tantrum because they 'didnt agree with points' and a shot, I would be rich and dead.

Even now, if I played benefit of the doubt, I do think both sides have good points.

But tbh, it is turning to a shit show.

Maxresdefaultaaaaaa

DJ Octavio's mech being powered by the Great Zapfish which exerts enough electricity to power an entire city indefinitely. Going by your logic that would make said mech tier 7.

Then how about you actually debunk my argument because you have yet to do so.

As far as *I* am concerned. I could care less about Sonic being reduced to I dunno, maybe building level. My only point is to actually keep the discussion to the actual debate instead of dragging everyone into the "ignorant/blind" category out of nowhere, just because they agreed with a different side to the one you're defending.

WeeklyBattles said:
DJ Octavio's mech being powered by the Great Zapfish which exerts enough electricity to power an entire city indefinitely. Going by your logic that would make said mech tier 7.
Then how about you actually debunk my argument because you have yet to do so.
That's 8-A at best. Also this is completely different. A power factory may provide a city with enough electricity indefinitely, but it is not composed of all energy the city will ever spend. That, and the planet literally dying as a result of its energy being drained is completely different. However, New York generates 8-A levels of energy every day, so that's a good rating. I support the upgrade.

Real talk.

He's not exactly wromg though. I've seen barely amy effort made on the other side to justify and coumter his arguments with detailed responses. They jusr assume it should be common knowledge

Sonic got stronger, and i think even the others got stronger as well, however Sega used them poorly after Heroes where every team fought with each other. Tails being scared of Chaos contraddicts him defeating Eggman in Adventure and fighting Team Dark in Heroes.

@Fox No he isn't.

Because the points have been discussed throghout the whole thread and people go ahead, take a look and feel like the side which disagrees to YOUR interpretation makes more sense. This is democracy, pal.

Accusing others of blindly following some reasoning because they disagree to your view on the matter equals saying "Everyone is wrong but meeee!".

Like I said, it's a child-like approach on the matter.

It's getting bothered because your view on how the feats should be taken is not the one others are agreeing with, and they are taking the other side of the discussion as more accurate. You're free to disagree and debate over that, but you can't claim your opinion as some absolute, undeniable truth here and everyone else is simply "blindly following" whatever.

Yoo Fate are you okay?

Regarding the debate, honestly .... I do not care so I will not take sides (slip a star wars joke), just watch as the thread will finish

I'm 'k, Dodo. The above is not a point in favor of or against either side so all cool here. o/ Just felt like I had to adress that particular last sentence, is all.

EDIT: Either way, this thread seems to worsen as I type, so really away now. Unfollowed, I hope you all solve this well enough, whatever happens to be your final decision on the tier.

Sonic himself has stated "I grow stronger every second" and Generations proved that he was stronger and more experienced since he beat Pwrfect Chaos in base and wrecked hiz rivals in fights canonically? What are you even implyimg here. Classic Sonic is MCB+, he grew up and in the Adveneture series we see how much more powerf he becomes. He's a self-adaptimg character that comes back with amy defeat to ultimately overwhelm his foes. If we wanna get technical, the Phantom Ruby was able to powwr a robot and give himthe strength to harm a Super character, even depowwrimg him in the final cutscene. Base Sonic defeated two people with "perfected replicas".

In Generations, didn't Sonic beat Perfect Chaos in base whereas he needed to go Super to do so before?

Classic Sonic may be not the same as Modern because it's not stated that Sonic went to earth from Mobius, through Sonic X ep 1 seems to imply that.

Sonic defeating Perfect Chaos is outlier, as well him scaling two Super Characters in Base, in Forces he taunts and jokes with Infinite despite being shotted one moment later, then Infinite told Eggman he was not a problem to handle.

Honestly though, I'm done with this thread. People who refuse to take anything other then their own beliefs into consideration and blatantly contradicting themselves makes this unappealing. Good luck, Weekly. You'll probably need it here.

I don't really have an opinion about the thread itself but:

We are debating about the power level of a blue hedgehog from a videogame.

That's not the kind of topic that is serious enough to be stressed/nervous/angry when dealing with it. It's something done for fun in a community of people sharing a similar hobby. If it stops being fun, it goes against its purpose.

So let's try to remain calm because it's better for everyone

Alright i think we need some time to cool off. I'm going to close this thread for the time being and will reopen it once the two feats Matt wants calced are done and we'll go from there, sound good?

WeeklyBattles said:
Alright i think we need some time to cool off. I'm going to close this thread for the time being and will reopen it once the two feats Matt wants calced are done and we'll go from there, sound good?
Wait. There is still the Iblis thing that some ignored, so no need to go that way... but hey, your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back