• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's sonic rivals, Shadow gets frozen in mid air and falls down after being frozen in a block of ice.
Oh, that's just the specific clip that makes it appear he's being broken out of it. If Metal deals damage to Shadow while he's frozen, that actually only damages Shadow and doesn't break him free. As User said, you gotta mash the buttons to break free yourself or you eventually break free automatically after some time. (gameplay of this stuff on youtube is just hard find because it's a PSP title lol).
It's the Void Wisp stuff, does it add anything else that implies control over voids or nothingness?
In its introduction, Violet Void functioned in a way that it could suck in Wisp Capsules, Rings, enemies, and large frigates within it. Additionally, Wispons are weapons designed to harness the energy of Wisps (Hyper-Go-On) for offensive applications. For Violet Void, its primary fire sends out a transparent vacuum of energy that collapses both enemies and Rings and vanishes them without a trace (if you take a close look, the Rings are glimmering as if collected by the player but they're simply vanishing). The page would be better specifying it has the "Conversion to Nonexistence" aspect with these examples in mind. A lot of the pages are just... so damn old lol.
I saw it, at best it looks like corrosion inducement though.
For context, I had previously been adding clips to Void's profile because before I had done so there was basically no footage in his profile whatsoever. In my haste to do so, I had neglected Windii's translation of using the word "corrode". So tbh I agree, I think Resistance to Death Manipulation should be changed to a Resistance to Corrosion Inducement (due to the fact we know biological beings were being affected by Void's darkness, the fish).
Anyways I'll be back to the hellscape that is studying, hopefully I can finish this thread by next week before Fall starts.
All the power to you, brother.

Finally done with exams, now I can try to get this done.

@Theuser789 Wouldn't that just due to the fact that Chaos moved his body parts to another location like he normally does? I feel like this should be "possibly Mid-High" at best.

Ok, that can help with the ifrit resistance then.

Hmmmm, not sure how we tackle a spiritual form being melted and just coming back, plus the scan about Mephilis being incorporeal, wouldn't that refer to his liquid state prior to getting shadow's form since he only took shadow's "body" after merging with his shadow? I'll ask a couple of staff members how we handle this specific regen.

I guess I can see low godly with Iblis if that flame form is tied to one's spirit if Blaze's statement is anything to go by.

@omegabronic Yeah but using visual stuff for a hax thing doesn't really help when the context of the scene is Sonic swinging a sword at an object to attack, unless there's a lore statement that any magic powers or whatever gets nullified from his blade then sure.

Yeah but Holy Manipulation is usually tied to more offensive stuff, what's happening with Chaos just sounds like purification.

Is it though? Cause I'm not seeing space-time hax being applied here beyond just time traveling across the timeline to hit Solaris.

That can just be either game mechanics or just the nature of his temporal omnipresence if he's able to keep up with the Super Trio in a fight. I don't really see how him keeping up with them is considered ridiculous.

The ifrit passive resistance scans aren't there, just a link to ifrit's page and just one scan that says he controls your soul, but nothing on the cast actually resisting it.

That's still hardly enough for life manipulation though, again this is barely any different from Ki in dragon ball.

Well I got some scans in regards to ifrit so I'm fine with him getting low godly, Mephiles I'm still iffy on given some context with his "incorporeal form" and what not I need a bit more elaboration on.

@ShakeResounding If it's a QTE thing then I'm fine with it given he's actively trying to break out of being frozen so yeah.

Yeah I can tell given how only the main main characters have the revamped pages (even if I find the bullet point look to be ugly as hell and prefer the old format but just bolding the abilities) I feel like possible Void manipulation is preferrable given how it's somewhat vague on what's happening to the rings and enemies being absorbed.

I also updated the OP to check off the abilities that stays or gets changed/removed.

Wouldn't that just due to the fact that Chaos moved his body parts to another location like he normally does? I feel like this should be "possibly Mid-High" at best.
Except the emeralds that normally stay inside him are nowhere to be seen with him, instead they are separated from him and Knuckles even picks them up.
Hmmmm, not sure how we tackle a spiritual form being melted and just coming back, plus the scan about Mephilis being incorporeal, wouldn't that refer to his liquid state prior to getting shadow's form since he only took shadow's "body" after merging with his shadow? I'll ask a couple of staff members how we handle this specific regen.
Mephiles liquid state is just his original and primal form. The video I showed shows he reverting to it after being beaten up.

Does the emeralds affect his regen in anyway? I'm sure I'm understanding this point here.

Hmm, if thats the case then sure I can see Low Godly mephiles.

@omegabronic Yeah but using visual stuff for a hax thing doesn't really help when the context of the scene is Sonic swinging a sword at an object to attack, unless there's a lore statement that any magic powers or whatever gets nullified from his blade then sure.
meh, i guess? i am still of the thinking that it is blatant, but i wouldn't lose sleep over that getting removed, so, if it must then it must i suppose

Yeah but Holy Manipulation is usually tied to more offensive stuff, what's happening with Chaos just sounds like purification.
well, but it was used offensively, sonic attacked chaos directly and that in of itself neutralised/fought off the negative energy and emotions in him, i feel like this is "offensive" enough to warrant holy manip when tied with the other "miracle" evidence and such

Is it though? Cause I'm not seeing space-time hax being applied here beyond just time traveling across the timeline to hit Solaris.
well......yeah, tbf, i also kind of don't know why it is space time hax listed as well, but i think that the time travel part is still noticeable enough to stay "highlighted" the way it is right now tho

That can just be either game mechanics or just the nature of his temporal omnipresence if he's able to keep up with the Super Trio in a fight. I don't really see how him keeping up with them is considered ridiculous.
ok i must ask before continuing this, are you proposing to remove the temporal AOE stuff from the profile? like, i need to know what you are proposing more clearly before answering, because i feel like i may be missing something here

The ifrit passive resistance scans aren't there, just a link to ifrit's page and just one scan that says he controls your soul, but nothing on the cast actually resisting it.
huh? the links aren't there? damn, just like the immortality type 8 for arthur i say that we should just put it there, another L on our part again

That's still hardly enough for life manipulation though, again this is barely any different from Ki in dragon ball.
what hax would you propose then?

Hmm, I guess I can see that point for Holy manipulation. Granted the scans do need to change since "miracles" is not Holy manipulation evidence at all so yeah.

Wouldn't it be better to add that to his immeasurable speed rating? They can go back and forward in time to fight off a being that's temporally omnipresent.

I never said that, I'm saying the whole "it is space time hax, otherwise how else is solaris keeping up with them" point you're making doesn't make much sense to me when the dude is omnipresent across time itself, He should by default be capable of keeping up with beings that are immeasurable when he's supposed to be everywhere.

Power/Energy Bestowal tbh? That's the vibe I'm getting with the scan tbh.

I’m still not seeing Mid-High from that, at best that seems like a possibly.

Hmm, I guess I can see that point for Holy manipulation. Granted the scans do need to change since "miracles" is not Holy manipulation evidence at all so yeah.
Miracles is Holy manip, the page says this, on its own maybe not, but with the rest of the evidence it serves

Wouldn't it be better to add that to his immeasurable speed rating? They can go back and forward in time to fight off a being that's temporally omnipresent.
Not really because when they strike they would only be at one point, besides that would imply that they completely blitzed solaris across all of time with every attack, which can't happen since he is comparable to them

I never said that, I'm saying the whole "it is space time hax, otherwise how else is solaris keeping up with them" point you're making doesn't make much sense to me when the dude is omnipresent across time itself, He should by default be capable of keeping up with beings that are immeasurable when he's supposed to be everywhere.
that is not what i said, i said that it couldn't be anything but offensive time travel, since in speed solaris can keep up with them, Thus making it not be possible to be speed

Power/Energy Bestowal tbh? That's the vibe I'm getting with the scan tbh.
Sure then

@omegabronic Not really when miracles mean something amazing that happened that normally is impossible. Someone being able to walk after being ran over not too long ago would be classified as a miracle, but that’s not considered Holy Manipulation.

I’m still not following how Solaris being comparable to them somehow makes this a very specific type of time travel ability.

@omegabronic Not really when miracles mean something amazing that happened that normally is impossible. Someone being able to walk after being ran over not too long ago would be classified as a miracle, but that’s not considered Holy Manipulation.
Yeah, on its own it wouldn't, but it alongside the other evidence of "fighting off evil" and would make it more concretely holy manip

I’m still not following how Solaris being comparable to them somehow makes this a very specific type of time travel ability.
Simple, if you are arguing that they hit him accross all of time with every attack via speed alone you are suggesting that they can blitz him infinitely to do, since they would be instantly traveling to all of time at once while he doesn't realize it to protect himself in any time period

That sounds like a massive assumption that he wouldn’t be able to protect himself when the fight says otherwise. Also I never said they’d be blitzing him, I already said his temporal omnipresence let’s him keep up with immeasurable speed characters.

That sounds like a massive assumption that he wouldn’t be able to protect himself when the fight says otherwise.
i think you are not understanding the problem here, by what you are saying he would be getting attacked 1 time in every period of time(infinitely by each snapshot of time) and get hit in all of them, in the same spot without being able to protect himself against it, which wouldn't make sense since he scales to them, like, the game doesn't portray the hedgehogs as, in every time they attack, to be going at every time period one by one quickly, they simply just attack once and it hurts solaris

Also I never said they’d be blitzing him, I already said his temporal omnipresence let’s him keep up with immeasurable speed characters.
you never said, by it is exactly what you are implying that they are doing int this scenario, you are saying that they are, somehow, individuallly attacking solaris in every time period one by one instantaneously(since that is how much time they touch solaris by their perspective) and solaris is just letting that happen in every time frame while doing nothing about it/not being able to stop their attack in any single one, basically getting blitzed to hell and end, it cannot be just speed here at all or else solaris would have stoped/blocked/dodged some of the attacks in some of the time periods, and by what we see in the game, the super forms don't constantly go to different time periods every time they attack, they simply attack, what you are proposing is simply overcomplicating things to the extrem, and occam's erazor would indicate that they are simply doing a temporal AOE with their attacks, since it is far simpler than to assume that they are blitzing solaris and infinite number of times

Sonic does actually blitz Solaris though
only with a fully charged amped arrow of light, solaris can keep up, hit sonic and block his attacks otherwise with no problem

I think that should be a speed feat rather than temporal stuff
if sonic was so fast to blitz solaris infinitely like that, then solaris wouldn't be able to hit or block any of his attacks, in fact, sonic would be able to attack solaris and infinite number of times before solaris could even think about doing any action, it quite litterallly CAN'T be speed alone

@omegabronic so you're saying that their attacks was able to affect all of Solaris then? If so that sounds more like a range feat than any offensive time travel feat cause their attacks can affect a temporally omnipresent being in its entirety.

@omegabronic so you're saying that their attacks was able to affect all of Solaris then? If so that sounds more like a range feat than any offensive time travel feat cause their attacks can affect a temporally omnipresent being in its entirety.
I mean, it has to be some kind of hax, all that sonic does is headbutt solaris, they never use an AOE blast or anything like that

Or it’s just a range feat. Final fantasy characters fight beings that are omnipresent across dimensions and time and they get a range feat for being able to harm and kill said beings. This is hardly any different.

Or it’s just a range feat. Final fantasy characters fight beings that are omnipresent across dimensions and time and they get a range feat for being able to harm and kill said beings. This is hardly any different.
Don't know the context for them, but i don't see how it could be just range, sonic is not stretching his attack at all, he is simply a attacking the solaris in his time period, and then affecting his accross all of time

You literally described a range feat right there. That’s exactly what Final fantasy characters got for affecting all of Neo Exdeath, a being who exists across all dimensions and time.

You literally described a range feat right there. That’s exactly what Final fantasy characters got for affecting all of Neo Exdeath, a being who exists across all dimensions and time.
Can you adress my point instead of just trowing comparisons? Chances arr that they's are hax as well just like how sonic's is, comparison don't work as proof whey the example could be wrong as well, adress my point and explain what is wrong with it please

The main point of your argument is “it has to be a hax cause all they do is hit him” when nothing in the fight remotely implies it’s a hax they’re doing. The burden of proof is on you to prove that they’re actually using space time hax to attack Solaris in a way that’s not normal to an individual chaos emerald. Comparisons can work when all you’ve given me with context is they’re hitting Solaris which hurts him in its entirety. That’s literally the same thing as Final Fantasy characters with Neo Exdeath and it’s again treated as a range feat for affecting all of Neo Exdeath. Me throwing comparisons is me bringing up examples to explain what that’s supposed to be on the site.

The main point of your argument is “it has to be a hax cause all they do is hit him” when nothing in the fight remotely implies it’s a hax they’re doing. The burden of proof is on you to prove that they’re actually using space time hax to attack Solaris in a way that’s not normal to an individual chaos emerald.
for the record i agreed on removing space time hax from the ability

Comparisons can work when all you’ve given me with context is they’re hitting Solaris which hurts him in its entirety. That’s literally the same thing as Final Fantasy characters with Neo Exdeath and it’s again treated as a range feat for affecting all of Neo Exdeath. Me throwing comparisons is me bringing up examples to explain what that’s supposed to be on the site.
I mean, in this case it would still function the same way wouldn't it? It feels weird like, for it be range it is implying that they are attacking and sending the attacks trough all of time.....wouldn't that be fitting the time travel part perfectly? Because i don't think you can target one individual across all of time via simple range......can you?

It functions a bit differently since it’s not using time travel to harm someone, but just them attacking someone and affecting them in its entirety. You can, there’s quite a lot of verses out there, RPGs included where a being is omnipresent and the cast being able to harm and defeat it grants them the range of said omnipresent being.

It functions a bit differently since it’s not using time travel to harm someone, but just them attacking someone and affecting them in its entirety. You can, there’s quite a lot of verses out there, RPGs included where a being is omnipresent and the cast being able to harm and defeat it grants them the range of said omnipresent being.
So range can make you be able to attack someone across their entire history? That is a first for what i usually see, huh

So range can make you be able to attack someone across their entire history?
I don't know the case in here but technically, if you're affecting the space-time continuum (universal+) that the character is in, you can affect the character's entire history.

I
I don't know the case in here but technically, if you're affecting the space-time continuum (universal+) that the character is in, you can affect the character's entire history.
In this case it is affecting 1 char through all of time

I guess i concede on the offensive time teavel point then

Bump, all we got left is the type 4 Acausality, the Mid-High regen from Chaos, and the Abstract existence/nonexistent physiology from the End and we should be done.

I'm saving type 4 for last, getting everything else out of the way since it seems to be the most contentious one of them all.

Possibly mid-high for regen seems fine, since there is nothing visible of Chaos in the cutscene after it’s defeat.

Is there any objections to my point about End’s Abstract existence and NEP? Cause if there isn’t I’ll try to make a response towards the type 4 Acausality later today.

Abstract Existence and Nonexistent physiology: Being the embodiment of death is type 2 AE, not type 1 since embodiment means being a physical form of something, also is it remotely elaborated on by "infinite and nothing" cause that seems too vague for NEP.
I agree absolutely ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back