• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please someone freaking explain me how Gemerl ended up on earth. That’s the contradiction I meant and the contradiction you clear know is a thing but refuse to address it cause you can not.
What Rodri said, even in my previous, earlier, posts I did give explanations, you just didn't like, also I adressed your argument as a fallacy, it's cute you try to repeat what I say but it doesn't work like that, you haven't adressed my counter to you by saying it's a fallacy, you are the one ignoring it

Literally the only argument against the feat is the unlikeliness of Gemerl ending back on Earth after the fight, which... is kinda irrelevant?

Like... why does an entire calc get rejected because an unlikely event happened? Not impossible, not ilogical, just unlikely.
Look, it’s still a contradiction. A calc cannot be used with such a contradiction

The same way most things in fiction land on earth the writers wanted it to it doesn't matter if it's unlikely it happened your only evidence is that he lands on earth is an unlikely event, but the game makers didn't care about that. And why are you still arguing that we found a more logical argument against the speed feat and are debating it.

Does it truthfully matter all that much that he ended up on earth through an unknown method? He ended up on earth, and he was near a nebula.

I repeat those points cause you ******* don’t reply. Just tell me, don’t say I’m stonewalling cause I’ve got nothing to say, just tell me how he ended up on earth.
This is some sad denial, EVERYONE is telling you that your argument is a fallacy, that your only point is that "it's unlikely", EVERYONE is saying that isn't important, cope

Just close the thread at this point if literally everyone debunked OP's statements. How'd this even reach three pages?

I rather assume something unlikely than something impossible.
This is some sad denial, EVERYONE is telling you that your argument is a fallacy, that your only point is that "it's unlikely", EVERYONE is saying that isn't important, cope
And everyone here never explained to me how Gemerl ended up on earth. Everyone, ofc everyone is telling me. You’re that one group with sonic pfps that are always together, hyping each other up by liking your posts.

Just close the thread at this point if literally everyone debunked OP's statements. How'd this even reach three pages?
YOU DIDNT ******* DEBUNK SHIT. You just keep repeating stonewall like a parrot. Nobody explained how Gemerl ended up on earth. We really need staff input

And everyone here never explained to me how Gemerl ended up on earth. Everyone, ofc everyone is telling me. You’re that one group with sonic pfps that are always together, hyping each other up by liking your posts.
Hmmmm, maybe, just maybe, wild guess, people disagree with you because your points suck? There's several people without sonic pfp that disagree with you, even Cal disagreed with it being close to Earth, like you are arguing

Ok. I’m ******* done here seriously. This is what I’m gonna do. This is my last message on this thread. Your entire argument is that a nebula was in the background. Gemerl ended up on earth tho. He was knocked out so he couldn’t teleport. He couldn’t have sent flying light years in space, the chance of it is too minuscule to be argued. The only possibility is that he fell while being close to earth. So yeah, it is a contradiction and calcs with contradiction shouldn’t be used. So if anyone’s reasonable here, please tag the staff for them to decide. If they agree with the feat, so be it then. But at least the decision will be by actual staff.

Ok. I’m ******* done here seriously. This is what I’m gonna do. This is my last message on this thread. Your entire argument is that a nebula was in the background. Gemerl ended up on earth tho. He was knocked out so he couldn’t teleport. He couldn’t have sent flying light years in space, the chance of it is too minuscule to be argued. The only possibility is that he fell while being close to earth. So yeah, it is a contradiction and calcs with contradiction shouldn’t be used. So if anyone’s reasonable here, please tag the staff for them to decide. If they agree with the feat, so be it then. But at least the decision will be by actual staff.
There's nothing wrong with it being in a background when the calc is based on the distance between it and the characters. He was only knocked out when we see him on Earth. Argument from incredulity, a fallacy. No contradiction, just your bias and salt fest

W-wah my downgrade didn't work! A-appeal to authority! Staff-sama help me AIEEEEE
The absolute STATE...

Memes aside, and as Gilad said, staff already disagree with you. Funny how Rodri comes in and does a better job at providing arguments against the calc with his second post in than your entire string of whining babble in this thread.

I really don't see how the logic doesn't add up.

All you guys have is conjecture at best.

The proof is in the pudding that Gemeral landed back on Earth. There was no miraculous explosion somehow allowing him to get back to Earth. Earth's pull is NOT that strong and Sonic and Eggman also would've gotten involved with this same explosion. He was badly damaged so no portals either or Chaos Emeralds, that's pure ******* headcanon.

What is there not to get? How is this argument "full of holes"?

You guys are all jumping through hoops. I get that you're supporters but this feat is shaky as all hell and if it continues to stay then it's just showing how easily this wiki bends to the adamant Sonic mob. Y'all wanna praise Occam's Razor in other downgrade threads but then let your bias cloud the judgement here. He landed on Earth. Fiction "having unlikely things happen all the time" is a stupid reason for making this "feat" legitimate because we've literally dismissed other feats with LESS assumptions for being unlikely.

You guys are acting like the "support" is so concrete when all you have is an interpretation. Feats that rely on interpretation should get a "possibly" rating at least. It absolutely should NOT be definite.

Last edited:
if it continues to stay then it's just showing how easily this wiki bends to the adamant Sonic mob.
Comment discarded, there's no bias here, it was proven time and time again this fight doesn't take place on Earth since it doesn't follow what happens in the same series of games, therefore proving him falling is impossible. It was also proven there was a explosion, your post is just gaslighting your opposition with lies then poison the well by implying there's a bias and wank when multiple non Sonic fans disagreed with this feat, you and Da Lunge are the only biased ones here who disagree with almost any Sonic feat yet having completely different standards from your verses

And everyone here never explained to me how Gemerl ended up on earth
Who knows? He just did.
It doesn't change the fact he WAS near a nebulae.

It could be the most stupid, completely braindead, unrealistic thing ever in how he ended up on earth again.
It doesn't change the fact that they were light-years away from Earth in the first place.

It's literally just a plot convenience or something you aren't supposed to think about, the how doesn't matter, he simply did. This doesn't effect the former feat though, it just makes him coming back bad writing, but bad writing doesn't invalidate the fact the former feat happened.

I think we shall all calm down at this point

We are. Foxthefox1000 and Da Lunge Fish are the only ones keeping this thread alive. However, Fox has resorted to name calling rather than providing actual new arguments at this point.

He was badly damaged so no portals either or Chaos Emeralds, that's pure ******* headcanon.

This is a new something so I’ll address it. Gemerl wasn’t shown to be damaged on the beach. Even if he was, it were either by A. FIGHTING SUPER SONIC, B. the explosion at the end of the fight or C. The force from being flung back to The Planet from space.

Last edited:
I really don't see how the logic doesn't add up.

All you guys have is conjecture at best.

The proof is in the pudding that Gemeral landed back on Earth. There was no miraculous explosion somehow allowing him to get back to Earth. Earth's pull is NOT that strong and Sonic and Eggman also would've gotten involved with this same explosion. He was badly damaged so no portals either or Chaos Emeralds, that's pure ******* headcanon.

What is there not to get? How is this argument "full of holes"?

You guys are all jumping through hoops. I get that you're supporters but this feat is shaky as all hell and if it continues to stay then it's just showing how easily this wiki bends to the adamant Sonic mob. Y'all wanna praise Occam's Razor in other downgrade threads but then let your bias cloud the judgement here. He landed on Earth. Fiction "having unlikely things happen all the time" is a stupid reason for making this "feat" legitimate because we've literally dismissed other feats with LESS assumptions for being unlikely.

You guys are acting like the "support" is so concrete when all you have is an interpretation. Feats that rely on interpretation should get a "possibly" rating at least. It absolutely should NOT be definite.
Whataboutism and accusing the other side of bias for not agreeing with you is not helping your case.

The absolute state of Sonic supporters.
The absolute STATE of parrots... Do you want a peanut for that trick, or are you done here?

Jokes aside, the thread is over. It's done. As in you lost this one. Because of bad arguments. And you just don't wanna accept that people disagree with you and your attempt at a downgrade didn't work. Even CAL disagrees with you. The jig is up, fellas. Time to move on.

The absolute STATE of parrots... Do you want a peanut for that trick, or are you done here?

Jokes aside, the thread is over. It's done. As in you lost this one. Because of bad arguments. And you just don't wanna accept that people disagree with you and your attempt at a downgrade didn't work. Even CAL disagrees with you. The jig is up, fellas. Time to move on.
Even Cal literally said he agrees with the OP. After I asked him in discord again, all he said was "meh". And Even Cal was the only staff who actually like stated any opinion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back