• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mav's right. The names do speak to the distance. In fact, I think the feat is higher. Not only did they travel into deep space, but they travelled to a different universe where there's world peace, hence the name Nonagression Zone. Gemerl fell back to earth because it's a different earth altogether.

...aight I promise I'll stop after that one. In all seriousness, Sonic's clearly not in the same outer space as he was in the other 2/3 of his trilogy. Where that puts him, idk, but Earth's orbit is fishy. But take what I say with a grain of salt.
So what do you support Cal?

I think either way it being far away from Earth makes more sense than it being right outside Earth, how far away it is I'm not sure.

I might be being dumb but could the "nebula" actually be the Oort cloud. Just a thought but I don't think any other argument against the feat has been logical.

Possibly, but it still resembles a star cluster much more than an Oort cloud, though. Plus, from Da_Lunge's point of view, it still wouldn't fix the issue of how Gemerl got to Earth. ( Which, personally, I don't see as much of an issue. )

Last edited:
I keep asking for explaining how Gemerl was sent flying by the explosion at such a perfect angle to end up on earth. And if the blast was that powerful, why weren’t sonic and Eggman affecting?

We're only saying a blast is a possibility. Plus, we know at least Eggman was still conscious, so he simply could've withstood it, if it was an explosion.

Look, none of you have explained me how could Gemerl end up on earth unless he was close to it and fell. A calc simply cannot be used with such a big contradiction with it.

Can you please explain why Shadow dive bombed towards Earth at the end of SA2, or explain the multiple other times characters fell to Earth when they shouldn't have in the games?

He’s still clinging to the “He fell” argument.

I know his “this is the only logically explanation and Sonic’s multiple backgrounds in space near the planet are outliers because I saw Gemerl fall to earth from that colorful location right at the edge of the planet in the game I didn’t play” argument.

What is the contradiction? He says there’s a contradiction and for now, I can only assume it being Space having black with white dots near the Planet in all the other Sonic Games to be that contradiction.

You're trying to debunk this calc by saying we use an assumption to make it logical. But then your argument to counter it is... Also an assumption. A contradicted assumption at that. To rephrase, a worse assumption. In other words, an assumption that somehow makes even less sense. AKA the farther reach in assumption-making. As in, a shittier assumption.

Do you see?

Last edited:
Fallacy huh? How the **** is that a fallacy? Calling everything that contradicts your calcs is a nice strategy tho, gonna give you that. And if Gemerl was even a fraction of an angle off, he would entirely miss the earth, this is too unlikely to be even considered. And if the blast was so strong, why weren't Sonic and Eggman affected?

Fallacy huh? How the **** is that a fallacy? Calling everything that contradicts your calcs is a nice strategy tho, gonna give you that. And if Gemerl was even a fraction of an angle off, he would entirely miss the earth, this is too unlikely to be even considered. And if the blast was so strong, why weren't Sonic and Eggman affected?
Read and weep, because a fallacy is the only thing you can meet

Literally the only argument against the feat is the unlikeliness of Gemerl ending back on Earth after the fight, which... is kinda irrelevant?

Like... why does an entire calc get rejected because an unlikely event happened? Not impossible, not ilogical, just unlikely.

The event happened so probability doesn't really matter as long as the probability exists it can happen and it happened this isn't the first time the series things somehow end up on earth or in fiction.

No it's refusing to use good logic and ad nauseam just because of an opinion I honestly don't care if the verse is downgraded or upgraded rather that it is accurate despite a previous resentment.

Ok so, leaving aside what's being argued here, the calc is factually wrong.

SonicAdvanced3SuperSonicNebula.jpg

You don't see the entire nebula in this image

Hmmm, that is a valid concern, the calc after all wasn't evaluated, I guess Gilad (who made the blog) can probably try to fix it

Hmmm, that is a valid concern, the calc after all wasn't evaluated, I guess Gilad (who made the blog) can probably try to fix it
I mean... I don't think you can "fix" it. You need to determine how much nebula is being shown in the background, which seems impossible.

You also need to determine how far from Earth are the stars. So no.
Aren't the stars in the Nebula, which have a known distance from Earth? That way I can scale how big the screen is compared to the star and that way I can use angsizing to determine how far Sonic is from the Nebula

Well if there's something wrong with the calc, then at least that's a valid reason to disregard a feat rather than faulty logic kek.

So, what, this is just a vague MFTL+ feat rather than something you can calc? Because I doubt this can't be calced somehow.

Last edited:
That's the problem, you know how far away is the nebula, but the stars are inside it.

You need to pick a star and know which star it is.
The Nebula isn't that big compared to its distance from Earth, so you can use the distance in the calc just fine. At worst this will just give two very close low and high ends

Your point is valid concerning the size of the stars though

I tried to find the argument here but all I can see is a man, made of straw. The "contradiction" is the fallacy, Rodri did post an actual valid critique, unlike yours
Please someone freaking explain me how Gemerl ended up on earth. That’s the contradiction I meant and the contradiction you clear know is a thing but refuse to address it cause you can not.

The same way most things in fiction land on earth the writers wanted it to it doesn't matter if it's unlikely it happened it happened your only evidence is that he lands on earth but why are you still arguing that we found a more logical argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back