• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When pretty much every other depiction of the near-earth setting is so drastically different, yeah, I think it makes sense to consider it as a different location.
TRhere are many depictions if outer space lmao. Also, DDM already pretty much proves that clusters can be seen from earth. So even if they didn’t fight near earth (they did) we have no way to find the distance they were at. Making the feat unusable

Except the cluster in question is encompassing the entire field of vision. They have to be at least fairly close to it.

Also the argument was that the Sonic series in particular has shown the same type of visual for near-earth scenes in almost every instance, space having multiple depictions in other media is irrelevant. If you want to prove your point, find several instances of a multi-colored space you can confirm are near earth in the series itself.

If they wanted to show that they were far away they could have just, you know.

Had the multicolored part be a small portion of the background and have it mostly be black space.

If they wanted to show that they were far away they could have just, you know.

Had the multicolored part be a small portion of the background and have it mostly be black space.
Why would they want to do that? You have the burden of proof here, not me. Creators think jackshit about feats

I provided proof. The setting in question is different from the depiction of near-earth shown in every other Sonic game that has a near-earth setting. This is a downgrade thread, burden of proof is on you to explain why the setting is of a near-earth area despite contradicting the many other showings in the series.

There's nothing indicating they weren't inside of or at least at the cluster, though. Saying they weren't is an assumption. It's more likely they actually entered it. Also, like JJ said: The entire background was the star cluster. We're clearly not on or near Earth anymore.

Whether it's a nebula or not I'm unsure of, or even what speed it would be. My entire thing was just showing it wasn't near-earth.

When pretty much every other depiction of the near-earth setting is so drastically different, yeah, I think it makes sense to consider it as a different location.
A few depictions don’t mean all of them like this. No it wouldn’t make sense. For instance, I see a constellation a few times. I guess it can always be seen right? No it doesn’t work like that

It's not just a few instances, it's EVERY instance.

There is not a single confirmed near-earth depiction in Sonic that I'm aware of that has the same design as Advance 3's interpretation. If you find one outside of Advance 3 in the Sonic game continuity and show it to me, I will be perfectly fine with conceding and agreeing with the removal of the feat.

It's not just a few instances, it's EVERY instance.

There is not a single confirmed near-earth depiction in Sonic that I'm aware of that has the same design as Advance 3's interpretation. If you find one outside of Advance 3 in the Sonic game continuity and show it to me, I will be perfectly fine with conceding and agreeing with the removal of the feat.
Look, assuming all space in Sonic is the same is just ridiculous.

This is literally one of the only instances of it not just being black void with stars, though. So yes, we can 100% claim Nonaggression is in an entirely different point in space compared to Sonic's typical space setting.
YOU. CAN. NOT. TAKE. SOMETHING. AS. VARIABLE. AS. SPACE. AND. ASSUME. IT’S. ALL. THE SAME. CAUSE. OF. SEVERAL. INSTANCES. I’m sorry this logic is just facepalm worthy

I'm not assuming all of space is the same, I'm saying the area directly outside of Earth's orbit in the Sonic series is consistently portrayed in one way across the entire series with no variation in the confirmed instances said setting appears.

This is literally one of the only instances of it not just being black void with stars, though. So yes, we can 100% claim Nonaggression is in an entirely different point in space compared to Sonic's typical space setting.
Or its not meant to be a quantifiable real place at all and its just there to look cool, which is more likely.

Well duh. I doubt they were asking "hey carl are we sure we should make Super Sonic billions c with this?" Of course they did it without thought, that's how game design works in regards to VS Debating.

so uh guys Sonic actually isn't fast when he runs?He's probably like, peak-human at best. He only moves fast because the developers thought it looked cool

Fun fact, people who design games can actually do research/use prior knowledge when making games. Doesn't take a genius to know that nebulae exist.

Holy shit I got to sleep and then there's already over a page of people insulting each other over a decade older video game and acting because you don't agree with them you are the r-word, this is honestly just sad

Anyways seems like the conversation finally stopped arguing that they were close to the Earth

@DarkDragonMedeus, there's already a recalc trying to calculate the distance without assuming where the nebula are

Honestly let's just talk about this calc instead of what the hell was the last page instead, seems like the OP of it tried to account for the criticism of Rodri before in this thread

Nonaggresion is outside of Earth, it's literally a nebula. there would be no way to be close to Earth, Super Sonic indeed flew into Space, then into a nebula and fought Ultimate Gemerl there and then he exploded and collapsed into the Earth at MFTL+ speeds

Nonaggresion is outside of Earth, it's literally a nebula. there would be no way to be close to Earth, Super Sonic indeed flew into Space, then into a nebula and fought Ultimate Gemerl there and then he exploded and collapsed into the Earth at MFTL+ speeds
So, you think Gemerl flew at an atomically perfect angle to earth? Too unlikely to be true. And nothing proves the zone was a nebula, nebulas can even be seen in earth.

Holy shit I got to sleep and then there's already over a page of people insulting each other over a decade older video game and acting because you don't agree with them you are the r-word, this is honestly just sad

Anyways seems like the conversation finally stopped arguing that they were close to the Earth

@DarkDragonMedeus, there's already a recalc trying to calculate the distance without assuming where the nebula are

Honestly let's just talk about this calc instead of what the hell was the last page instead, seems like the OP of it tried to account for the criticism of Rodri before in this thread
The conversation literally decided that there’s nothing to show that they actually flew all those light years as proved by DDM

All DDM said was you can see nebulas from Earth, but nebulas seen from Earth appear as extremely tiny, even outside the atmosphere, due to their distance. If it was a nebula, then there's no way Sonic couldn't be at least somewhat close to it due to how much the nebula encompasses the background of the area Sonic is fighting in.

While it seems to have calmed down now, I will still issue a warning to this thread as a whole. Keep it calm, take a break if you have to, but don't let this thread repeat itself. If it looks like this discussion can't be had without hostility it will be closed.

The conversation literally decided that there’s nothing to show that they actually flew all those light years as proved by DDM
Honestly I am just going to ignore you at this point, you just keep stonewalling the same point over and over and over and over again

Anyways the recalc I showed calculates how much Sonic would have flew based on how far the nebula appears from the background, now any actual criticism to the calc from anyone?

Honestly I am just going to ignore you at this point, you just keep stonewalling the same point over and over and over and over again
I was about to say the same thing. I keep repeating the same point cause you don't bother make a proper response to it

I was about to say the same thing. I keep repeating the same point cause you don't bother make a proper response to it

Perhaps you’re the one not making any sense. You claim that it’s illogical for Gemerl to be flung from space and land to earth conveniently by the explosion but is ok with Gemerl ending up conveniently right next to Cream’s house from space. You are being choosy with what you allow based on zero logic the game provides.

So, you think Gemerl flew at an atomically perfect angle to earth? Too unlikely to be true. And nothing proves the zone was a nebula, nebulas can even be seen in earth.
images

Yeah, totally a bunch of smoke in outer space is not a nebula

And Ultimate Gemerl explosion was strong enough to throw him into the Earth

images

Yeah, totally a bunch of smoke in outer space is not a nebula

And Ultimate Gemerl explosion was strong enough to throw him into the Earth
It can be strong enough, yes, but gemerl would have to be at a perfect freaking angle to end up on earth which is too unlikely to argue

It can be strong enough, yes, but gemerl would have to be at a perfect freaking angle to end up on earth which is too unlikely to argue
Why exactly? Unlikely =/= Impossible. There are many instances of arbitrary things happening with tiny chances in other verses and you don't seem to bothered about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back