• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel changing how it works goes against the "recalling things from the past" because why call it back if you're going to change it? Might as well make something new like they did in New Horizons, less issues that way.

A small question. Where do they put Sonic Prime in the chronology?

I personaly put it between Generations and Forces. It cannot be Post-Forces or even Post-Frontiers, because Sonic's attitude across the series is more similar to the Forces one. And is at least Post-Generations with the aparition of Orbot and Cubot, and Tails knowing what place is Green Hill

I personaly put it between Generations and Forces. It cannot be Post-Forces or even Post-Frontiers, because Sonic's attitude across the series is more similar to the Forces one. And is at least Post-Generations with the aparition of Orbot and Cubot, and Tails knowing what place is Green Hill
it is before colors in my opinion

I feel changing how it works goes against the "recalling things from the past" because why call it back if you're going to change it? Might as well make something new like they did in New Horizons, less issues that way.
It's not changing anything per say, just adding to it

I have it right after Lost World. Following the events of Prime, Sonic should know better than to ignore Tails when he tells Sonic not to attack something. It's made quite clear that he learned his lesson by the end of the show, and yet, Sonic still disobeyed Tails by knocking away the thing Eggman was using to control the deadly six in Lost World.

Just watched the last episode of Sonic Prime.

I'm glad Sonic didn't end up stuck looking for a way home, unlike what happens with SOME protagonists....
But man, that final season felt like it dragged on.... Anyone else?

What were the thoughts on it, all? As viewers?
& what about from VS Debating perspectives?

Any interesting stuff to go over from it? Conclusions or positions as a result of it?

What were the thoughts on it, all? As viewers?
It was better than i thought it would be, i personally liked it

& what about from VS Debating perspectives?

Any interesting stuff to go over from it? Conclusions or positions as a result of it?
We got the whole "A single universe in the Sonic franchise has multiple space-times" thing and potentially 2-C AP for Base Sonic

It was better than i thought it would be, i personally liked it

We got the whole "A single universe in the Sonic franchise has multiple space-times" thing and potentially 2-C AP for Base Sonic
Prime Base Sonic is pretty blatantly 2-C scaling from a Nine powered by the Paradox Prism, which shattered Sonic's universe into 6 universes (the 5 worlds + the Void)
So basically, NOTHING came of it other than making Base Sonic's tier higher & a premise to upgrade the scale of the base universe?
(I guess there might be some Optional Equipment, but he loses use of his fancy shoes & gloves when leaving the Shatterverse, right?)

So basically, NOTHING came of it other than making Base Sonic's tier higher & a premise to upgrade the scale of the base universe?
(I guess there might be some Optional Equipment, but he loses use of his fancy shoes & gloves when leaving the Shatterverse, right?)
We also got the spin dash speed amp upscaled unquantifiably higher than 4×

Why was Hyper Sonic's key removed again? I don't think there's anything directly saying that Modern Sonic can't use the Hyper transformation

They should be moved to their galleries at best and removed at worst.

Question Time, though: Would you guys bother to read an IDW equivalent to Sonic Universe?

I personally think there's no harm in it and would allow the writers to give over the limelight more often. At the current rate of the comic, I feel most of the cast and concepts are underutilized. We see glimpses of greatness in things such as the Annual Comics, but a SU comic series can really expand new horizons.

Though I am currently interested in IDW 70 since it seems we're delving into the cyberpunk Extreme Gear aesthetic of Riders and Metal Sonic No. 29 is back (Rocket Metal).

I've always wondered if there were some weird rights issues regarding the Sonic Universe, since that series was originally made by Archie. Then again, that just might be a side-effect of my confusion of the Archie rights in general post-Penders lawsuit. Maybe that might have something to do with all the spinoffs IDW does?

They should be moved to their galleries at best and removed at worst.

Question Time, though: Would you guys bother to read an IDW equivalent to Sonic Universe?

I personally think there's no harm in it and would allow the writers to give over the limelight more often. At the current rate of the comic, I feel most of the cast and concepts are underutilized. We see glimpses of greatness in things such as the Annual Comics, but a SU comic series can really expand new horizons.

Though I am currently interested in IDW 70 since it seems we're delving into the cyberpunk Extreme Gear aesthetic of Riders and Metal Sonic No. 29 is back (Rocket Metal).
A little late to this question, but my answer is a firm: YES. I feel like a IDW Sonic esque Sonic Universe equivalent would be pretty beneficial when it comes to using characters that don't get a lot of screen time much or, more importantly, not enough time to do a little developing or exploring their characterizations a bit more.

An example of what I would like to see is a continuation or expansion of the ideas that were present in the one shot "Reflections" comic with Metal Sonic. That one shot has always stood out to me because it took a silent villain and created a short narrative that really delved into his thoughts, such as the implication of Metal Sonic experiencing forms of existentialism upon seeing that he couldn't be infected by the Metal Virus which I believe caused him to start realizing that he's nothing more then a robotic imitation of Sonic and that the one thing he was built for, killing and replacing Sonic as the one true Sonic, is unachievable no matter what he does.

It's that level of philosophy that gave a silent and murderous robot a form of character, and I honestly think SEGA and IDW are sleeping on the potential of delving further into Metal's psychology.

A little late to this question, but my answer is a firm: YES. I feel like a IDW Sonic esque Sonic Universe equivalent would be pretty beneficial when it comes to using characters that don't get a lot of screen time much or, more importantly, not enough time to do a little developing or exploring their characterizations a bit more.

An example of what I would like to see is a continuation or expansion of the ideas that were present in the one shot "Reflections" comic with Metal Sonic. That one shot has always stood out to me because it took a silent villain and created a short narrative that really delved into his thoughts, such as the implication of Metal Sonic experiencing forms of existentialism upon seeing that he couldn't be infected by the Metal Virus which I believe caused him to start realizing that he's nothing more then a robotic imitation of Sonic and that the one thing he was built for, killing and replacing Sonic as the one true Sonic, is unachievable no matter what he does.

It's that level of philosophy that gave a silent and murderous robot a form of character, and I honestly think SEGA and IDW are sleeping on the potential of delving further into Metal's psychology.
No offense there but are we going to ignore the entire heroes story because it seem way better than the metal virus thing

No offense there but are we going to ignore the entire heroes story because it seem way better than the metal virus thing
I wasn't ignoring Heroes in all honesty, it wasn't even what I was talking about in my spiel involving Metal Sonic. No what I was talking about was the one shot comic issue, "Reflections", which took place during the Metal Virus Arc and was the story that gives us a glimmer into Metal Sonic's inner thoughts and psychology despite not a single word being said for the most part.

It was a great one shot and it makes me crave to see more stories that go into depth in regards to Metal Sonic's personality.

Back