• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
what happened is:
after the paradox prism was complete,the gateway that leads to the main universe appers again,and when shadow and sonic travels to it,sonic is sent a few seconds before when he almost breaks the paradox prism,but this time,he does not break it,and shadow leaves with the paradox prism using chaos control.
so it means that yes,everything was redone.

^ Basically this @Peptocoptr27. I suppose you can argue because it's not 100% confirmed within the show itself, you can make an argument that they are still around.

You can argue they still would be due to Maginaryworld anyhow too.

what happened is:
after the paradox prism was complete,the gateway that leads to the main universe appers again,and when shadow and sonic travels to it,sonic is sent a few seconds before when he almost breaks the paradox prism,but this time,he does not break it,and shadow leaves with the paradox prism using chaos control.
so it means that yes,everything was redone.
If the gateway leads to the original universe before it got fractured into shatterspaces, then why are the other shatterspaces and the characters associated with them still there when it manifests itself? My interpretation goes with what we see in the show itself. We don't need to extrapolate anything since we have all the info we need. Your interpretation assumes that the Paradox Prism has time manipulation never showcased anywhere else, that absolutely everyone is just fine with the shatterspaces counterparts being wiped from existance, and that the deal they made with each other at the end was pointless.

If the gateway leads to the original universe before it got fractured into shatterspaces, then why are the other shatterspaces and the characters associated with them still there when it manifests itself?
Because the show is stupid and doesn't care enough to tie up those sorts of questions. "Sonic saved the day, shut up and be happy and don't you dare ask questions."

Even Flynn is saying the entire point is that it undoes itself and is why it doesn't matter where it takes place (even if the latter part is a terrible idea, the placement in the timeline matters a LOT). And you know I don't like using Flynn's word

Sonic Prime "undoing itself" could mean a lot more than "all traces of its events are gone". Sonic 06 undid itself and yet Crisis City still existed in White Space and Sonic remembers its events. The only reason Ian says Prime's timeline placement is irrelevent by virtue of its "reset" is because the show ends exactly where it started narratively, and for every game character except Sonic and Shadow, it technically did not happen. It still happened for the Prime exclusive variants of those characters since, like I said, there is ZERO evidence thier shatterspaces went anywhere. All the Paradox Prism did was create a new shatterspace for the prism to be stored and for Sonic and Shadow to resume thier lives in. This is what is explicitely shown to us. Everything else is headcanon until further confirmation.

All the Paradox Prism did was create a new shatterspace for the prism to be stored and for Sonic and Shadow to resume thier lives in. This is what is explicitely shown to us. Everything else is headcanon until further confirmation.
This doesn't make any sense. Sonic was returned to Ghost Hill, which is why his color palette was literally that of his Ghosted friends and why the entryway was turning green when Sonic was drawing near. There was no "new shatterspace", that was the original universe returning after Sonic gave his energy to complete the Paradox Prism.

This doesn't make any sense. Sonic was returned to Ghost Hill, which is why his color palette was literally that of his Ghosted friends and why the entryway was turning green when Sonic was drawing near. There was no "new shatterspace", that was the original universe returning after Sonic gave his energy to complete the Paradox Prism.
The OG universe returned in the form of what is essentially a new shatterspace though (or a re-purposed ghost hill). Otherwise, the other shatterspaces would've fused back into this one.

The OG universe returned in the form of what is essentially a new shatterspace though (or a re-purposed ghost hill). Otherwise, the other shatterspaces would've fused back into this one.
but how is there another paradox prism if there was not ''undoing''there cannot be two paradox prism

Basically, what I'm saying is that why would the other shatterspaces be gone when there is no evidence that they are, and the adventure of the main Sonic cast take place in thier own shatterspace as of the end of the show?
but how is there another paradox prism if there was not ''undoing''there cannot be two paradox prism
There isn't. The one and only paradox prism just sat inside this shatterspace, since it is meant to reflect the original universe.

Basically, what I'm saying is that why would the other shatterspaces be gone when there is no evidence that they are, and the events of the main Sonic crew take place in thier own shatterspace as of the end of the show?
amigo,you are ignoring everything just to fell your headcanon,is not hard

Deep down, I think that the shatterspaces and shatterpeople are all inside of them. Shatterspaces are nothing more than fragments of a divided universe, deep down, it was always there inside of the world's potential. So I like the thought that it exists as part of their potential, it's always inside of them.

Sonic fans finally learning how working for an established IP works (Excet they learn this every week and by the next wekk they forget it).

You know....I now feel bad for ******** on Graff and Pontac for years.

Because on one hand, I do stand by the belief that hiring two people that didn't know much about Sonic and only getting prior information from Youtube to write for the series is still stupid. But on the other more objective hand, it was SEGA's decision to hire them in the first place and I will admit that it was incredibly unfair for me to hate on the duo for years when it should've crossed my mind that all the things I hated about the meta era were a result of SEGA constantly having the two revise the drafts and putting in the things which made it such a mess in the first place.

So overall, I can honestly say that I feel bad for my harsh opinion on the two and I'm now starting to further dive deep into the idea that SEGA is its own worst enemy

To be fair, maybe the original drafts were even WORSE than what we got, and Sega tried to make them more "faithful" to Sonic. I still wouldn't trust Pontaff to write a Sonic story.
that is just a possibility,that is not even a thing that can be say is valid.
and again,the reason why people hate on the guys is because of the draft they did,but it was not in there 100%decision about all of that,it almost all did by Sega,and if Sega is the one who gave permission to do all this, so it's not their fault if they didn't have full control over what they did.
they could have writed worse?well,that is a possibility,but it might actually not be the case if they writed on their own

Yes. I know it's a possibility. That's why I said "maybe". Pontaff just doesn't inspire me confidence in writing a good Sonic story.

I wanna avoid the "Peak Sonic is Black Knight" but what in particular makes you say that? Would you say it feels realest to the character, or...?
Other than the fact that I grew up on it, I think he balances being upbeat and carefree while also having emotions, he’s shown to be a flawed hero as in the case of the Werehog, but he always keeps going, and I think he has the funniest insults of any incarnation. Black Knight is still peak tho, so peak that Sega was afraid of Jason Griffith becoming too peak.
Edit: Also, when can we use the games for Post-SGW Sonic?

Other than the fact that I grew up on it, I think he balances being upbeat and carefree while also having emotions, he’s shown to be a flawed hero as in the case of the Werehog, but he always keeps going, and I think he has the funniest insults of any incarnation.
Fair enough.
Black Knight is still peak tho, so peak that Sega was afraid of Jason Griffith becoming too peak.
Will forever remain one of the biggest robberies of the franchise. ENG Sonic could've had his own Jun'ichi.
Edit: Also, when can we use the games for Post-SGW Sonic?
Technically right now, if somebody made a CRT to cover all the ramifications that it implies. And since that seems like it might be me (R.I.P. Archie fanbase), it'll take a long time to get to with all the revisions I have planned for you guys involving the games first.

Technically right now, if somebody made a CRT to cover all the ramifications that it implies. And since that seems like it might be me (R.I.P. Archie fanbase), it'll take a long time to get to with all the revisions I have planned for you guys involving the games first.
I can help do it, I have stuff for all the games referenced. I think they are:
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic CD (this is the best placement of Sonic CD)
Sonic 3&K
Sonic Mega Drive, the best Sonic Game
Sonic 2 8-Bit
Tails Skypatrol
Tails Adventure is implied to have taken place
SA
SA2
Sonic Heroes
The Advance trilogy
Battle
The Rush games
Chronicl-
Shadow
The Rivals games
Maybe the Riders games
Colors
Generations

Edit: But before that, k wanna upgrade Sonic X to large planet level.

Last edited:
I can help do it, I have stuff for all the games referenced. I think they are:
Wow, that was actually pretty cool of you to do. Don't forget Lost World also somehow happened out of order iirc, the Zeti appear.
Edit: But before that, I wanna upgrade Sonic X to large planet level.
Oh, I forgot about that convo I'm so sorry lmao. As long as you formulate a CRT on it with some good ol' formatting and hyperlinking the relevant clips, you could probably make a push for it.

I'd probably go for "At least [X], possibly/likely [Y]" though, but that's just me

Oh, I forgot about that convo I'm so sorry lmao. As long as you formulate a CRT on it with some good ol' formatting and hyperlinking the relevant clips, you could probably make a push for it.

I'd probably go for "At least [X], possibly/likely [Y]" though, but that's just me
Would the fight itself be enough for the justification?

Would the Chaos Force and those one with it possess Enhanced Type 1 AE due to encompassing everything including dreams/4 Dimensional Space/Maginaryworld?

I don't think there's anything unrelated to personality issues with Prime in the end of it. Regarding memories, this is the same series we got the "They had amnesia" to explain similar situations before, not every character will recall every detail even if it makes sense. And in some case, the odd nature of something happening might still be felt even if it's not something new.

I can't even tell how many times I have seen someone say "It's the first time x happens" or "I'm surprised that happened" when in actuality I remember it's not the first time, even for them. If Sonic would act like that or not, it's a personality problem that as I mentioned before, I'm not taking into consideration.

In fact, even the Orbot and Cubort thing isn't an absolute problem as people are implying to be. Like yes, something looking like a Orbot prototype appears in Sonic Unleashed and their debut is in Sonic Colors, and yet Metal Sonic is supposed to predate basically all sonic copies in the classic era even with the original staff calling out how that made no sense.

As far as we know, Eggman might have created Orbot and Cubot while he was a toddler, he put them in the warehouse, got them back for Prime, put them back in the warehouse, used an early prototype during Unleashed because he wanted to, and got them back during Colors (Which IIRC isn't that far off how they are introduced in Archie, Eggman just forgot he made them and ended up stepping in them).

That doesn't feel good, but isn't more far fetched than things that are already accepted in this series (Or even more every time Ian made a joke explanation using a similar structure). That isn't nice, but isn't really a contradiction considering all possibilities.

I think that Prime has far more sure contradictions that mentioning stuff that can be easily explained is unnecessary. But hey, not that unusual for the Sonic fandom not accepting Dream Team is after Frontiers because Sage isn't there and "The team is back together when they were supposed to be apart".

GDC_OBdXEAERnky
GDxUAXHXEAARjMk

I don't think there's anything unrelated to personality issues with Prime in the end of it. Regarding memories, this is the same series we got the "They had amnesia" to explain similar situations before, not every character will recall every detail even if it makes sense. And in some case, the odd nature of something happening might still be felt even if it's not something new.

I can't even tell how many times I have seen someone say "It's the first time x happens" or "I'm surprised that happened" when in actuality I remember it's not the first time, even for them. If Sonic would act like that or not, it's a personality problem that as I mentioned before, I'm not taking into consideration.

In fact, even the Orbot and Cubort thing isn't an absolute problem as people are implying to be. Like yes, something looking like a Orbot prototype appears in Sonic Unleashed and their debut is in Sonic Colors, and yet Metal Sonic is supposed to predate basically all sonic copies in the classic era even with the original staff calling out how that made no sense.

As far as we know, Eggman might have created Orbot and Cubot while he was a toddler, he put them in the warehouse, got them back for Prime, put them back in the warehouse, used an early prototype during Unleashed because he wanted to, and got them back during Colors (Which IIRC isn't that far off how they are introduced in Archie, Eggman just forgot he made them and ended up stepping in them).

That doesn't feel good, but isn't more far fetched than things that are already accepted in this series (Or even more every time Ian made a joke explanation using a similar structure). That isn't nice, but isn't really a contradiction considering all possibilities.

I think that Prime has far more sure contradictions that mentioning stuff that can be easily explained is unnecessary. But hey, not that unusual for the Sonic fandom not accepting Dream Team is after Frontiers because Sage isn't there and "The team is back together when they were supposed to be apart".
you know everything can happen in just a day in the sonic world?

Don't show this post because it steps in the way of people needing a reason to hate Ian Flynn for creating Sonic the hedgehog
Look, I know this is literally my first post in the thread so this PROBABLY isn't the best way to jump in, but don't get me STARTED on those guys. Like, there's this one guy on Twitter who keeps spreading outright misinformation about Flynn just to make him look bad, while also propping up Ken ******* Penders as the pinnacle of the franchise. It's... legitimately draining to deal with.

Anyway, with that out of the way... would it make sense for Prime to take place before Forces? I saw a theory that the Phantom Ruby and Paradox Prism are related somehow, and I can KINDA see it, but I only THINK I understand Sonic lore: I can't quite say I really KNOW it.

Back