• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What is this 4th Dimension I've seen be uttered on this thread? Is it like some alternate universe in Sonic or is it like the IRL idea of the 4th dimension?
It's one of the many novel stories released about Sonic using the old western backstory (Stuff like Kintobor, the ROCC, etc)

Ah, so it does have elements of the old lore? Then, that would make it non-canon, unless they end up showing or declaring otherwise, officially, I feel.

Ah, so it does have elements of the old lore? Then, that would make it non-canon, unless they end up showing or declaring otherwise, officially, I feel.
It's not how canon works in sonic, it works more like...remember chronicles? It's not canon because sega said it's not.

It's not how canon works in sonic, it works more like...remember chronicles? It's not canon because sega said it's not.
It does?

The novel has old western lore which heavily contradict the canon game lore. Its non canon to the games by default.

It does?

The novel has old western lore which heavily contradict the canon game lore. Its non canon to the games by default.
ok, did sega say something about that?because the author say other thing,james wallis the writers of the sonic in the fourth dimension says this:
The Martin Adams books were based on the Sonic back-story we were given by Sega UK, which was about 12 sheets of A4 paper (Stay Sonic was based on the same document), plus anything we could glean from the first two games themselves.

Last edited:
That's Sega UK.

Sega of Japan is the one that decides Sonic canon lore

I hope you are aware that Western and Eastern SEGA was at conflict with each other at the time. It's the reason why we have so many different versions of Sonic to begin with.

SEGA of Japan would definitely not accept the old western lore now. They wouldn't like using it anything not made by them.

That's Sega UK.

Sega of Japan is the one that decides Sonic canon lore

I hope you are aware that Western and Eastern SEGA was at conflict with each other at the time. It's the reason why we have so many different versions of Sonic to begin with.

SEGA of Japan would definitely not accept the old western lore now. They wouldn't like using it anything not made by them.
ok but I still think that it shouldn't be another continuity, because literally, what are we going to do, another continuity of books?

ok but I still think that it shouldn't be another continuity, because literally, what are we going to do, another continuity of books?
Sonic has so many continuities that I don't think it matters if we have another continuity of books.

That's what make Sonic as a francise special for me IMO.

The thumbnail feels like clickbait
And that's why I stopped watching his channel about 2 years ago, nothing wrong with having an eye-catching thumbnail but come on! even as a die hard Blaze fan I know all nine circles of hell would sooner freeze before Sega gives her a prominent playable/story role in a mainline game in the foreseeable future (same with Silver tbh) and don't even get me started on Hyper Sonic.

A reminder it took over twenty years before Mighty and Ray to be playable again (Maina+) after appearing as a mere easter egg a few years earlier in Generations lol!

And that's why I stopped watching his channel about 2 years ago, nothing wrong with having an eye-catching thumbnail but come on! even as a die hard Blaze fan I know all nine circles of hell would sooner freeze before Sega gives her a prominent playable/story role in a mainline game in the foreseeable future (same with Silver tbh) and don't even get me started on Hyper Sonic.

A reminder it took over twenty years before Mighty and Ray to be playable again (Maina+) after appearing as a mere easter egg a few years earlier in Generations lol!
well, faith never dies right?

well, faith never dies right?
Can't die if it never lived in the first place, eh?

Being facetious aside, seeing some fellow Sonic fans react to the word "momentum" like it's some form of profanity or taboo, is emitting the same chaotic energy as the dash pad debates of ye olde days or the entire perfect storm of how Sonic should "look" (arm colour, eye colour, quill length, shade of blue, etc) lol!

Can't die if it never lived in the first place, eh?

Being facetious aside, seeing some fellow Sonic fans react to the word "momentum" like it's some form of profanity or taboo, is emitting the same chaotic energy as dash pad debates of ye olde days or the entire perfect storm of how Sonic should "look" (arm colour, eye colour, quill length, shade of blue, etc) lol!
chaotic, what a fitting word lol

I hate debating on Reddit. I am fighting tooth and nails to prove the Titans scale to Super Sonic but it's a hopeless cause.
not to mention the fact that they apparently believe that The End is not more powerful than solaris, because it is not an omnipresent.
as if being omnipresent means being more powerful

not to mention the fact that they apparently believe that The End is not more powerful than solaris, because it is not an omnipresent.
as if being omnipresent means being more powerful

I genuinely don't know why they view Frontiers enemies is such a low light. Even outside the community people view them as weaker than other bosses.

My favorite defense is "They didn't make him drop rings" in reference to how the titans clearly don't scale to Super Sonic.
There's also "There's no proof Sonic was even going all out."

I genuinely don't know why they view Frontiers enemies is such a low light. Even outside the community people view them as weaker than other bosses.

My favorite defense is "They didn't make him drop rings" in reference to how the titans clearly don't scale to Super Sonic.
There's also "There's no proof Sonic was even going all out."
Huh?, doesn't Knight's description say that Super Sonic would need a bit of luck to defeat him?

Back