• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@LaserPrecision. My issue is that being a Sonic fan on this forum immediately sheds you in a negative light, when most of the negativity comes from the people themselves who perpetuate that negativity. I usually just hold my tongue on such topics as I've been a long-standing member here, but it's gotten to a point where it's downright annoying.

I'll use in-verse matches as an example. We weren't the first and aren't the last to do it, but to when it's Sonic it's so confusing and alien to understand. Hell, I even saw somebody imply (maybe ironically) that it was in a "stat farming" attempt. Cuz it isn't about the fun in it, no. It's always about the Win-Loss record, right?

Sonic in general just seems to attract a lot of negative attention for reasons which exist inside and outside the routes of the franchise.
That I agree and find inevitable. Where people will love a franchise, other people will hate it. That's not what bothers me since it could be said for a lot of fandoms.
But I will say, being on this forum for years has lead me to believe that some perpetuate a stereotype of what Sonic supporters on here are like
You do not know just how MANY times I've seen the term "Sonic fan" used in a negative connotation. "Sonic fan logic" this or "Sonic fans are bad cuz this reason" that. I like to think the vast majority of us just mind our ******* business, but mutual respect is given like a rare commodity for us.

I wanna ask you all a general question, though I expect to get varied responses; Does anybody particularly like or dislike the stigma surrounding Sonic fans on this forum?
actually, not so much in this forum, in general, with its logic (seriously, sonic not escalating to perfect chaos is an outlier, but the explanation is not explained or anything)
Not to mention the fact that actually, it's been said many times before, ''sonic fans'' are more like sonic haters,but they are the fans.
Seriously, you can't imagine how many times I've heard the same thing ''sonic fans are toxic'' or ''sonic fans are all haters'' or ''sonic fans don't like any modern game and only adventure games'' or '' sonic fans didn't like frontiers even though it's literally the only game that was good after years of games that were meh or averagely good''o''sonic fans are sick''o''sonic fans are deficient of attention'' or ''the sonic fandom is the worst on earth'' or ''the sonic fandom has a lot of people with strange habits (ken penders) and very toxic people'' or ''the fan games They are so much better''o''Sega should learn from the fans' games''.
My god, I could make a whole list of everything I've heard and read about the sonic fandom, and I swear I've heard more about this fandom than Mario but by a large margin.

now,in reality,i do like sonic,but is not because of the fandom,is because of all the colorful worlds,stories and characters they have,and not because gameplay,because,seriosly,i watch a game of sonic,and the first thing in my head is ''lore,story and music''and not in gameplay.

tbf, i have saw all threads in the tag "sonic the hedgehog (the universe") and i saw toxic on both sides, specially in that solaris downgrade from immeasurable thread and in the thread that gave super sonic his multi solar system level key, not picking a side, but i think that there is some resposibility to admit from some people on both sides

tbf, i have saw all threads in the tag "sonic the hedgehog (the universe") and i saw toxic on both sides, specially in that solaris downgrade from immeasurable thread and in the thread that gave super sonic his multi solar system level key, not picking a side, but i think that there is some resposibility to admit from some people on both sides
vsbw with the immeasurable speed is a bit, well, I don't have to explain how it is.
Everything is just a bit forced, I mean, they make all these changes and logic, but they feel too forced on many occasions, because they don't feel free, there have to be rules, but not rules at the level of 100% precision.
since they eliminated the irrelevant speed for no reason, it is noticeable that bad things have been done, and the justifications for immeasurable speed characters are very scarce, due to the fact of simply accepting that it is very simple, they complicate themselves and put together a whole formula to make it exactly as they say.

I'm not saying Sonic fans are saints, but I've been here since circa 2018. 85% of the toxicity has faded with those who brought it the most (Corgi, ZaStando [less because of attitude and more cuz his upgrades], Sera to a mild extent which was fueled by Corgi, etc.). Hell, a lot of the toxicity was spurred on because of antagonizing comments from those such as Matt (using an example, not specifically for the Immeasurable thread).

Sonic fans on this forum nowadays aren't going and harassing people (coughcorgicough) or instigating issues. And, really, any passionate fanbase will have passionate debates. Is the toxicity nowadays so far ahead that we deserve to be expressed in negative light, especially on THIS SITE where passive aggression is the default personality for half the people here? No, that's disingenuous.

I'm not saying Sonic fans are saints, but I've been here since circa 2018. 85% of the toxicity has faded with those who brought it the most (Corgi, ZaStando [less because of attitude and more cuz his upgrades], Sera to a mild extent which was fueled by Corgi, etc.). Hell, a lot of the toxicity was spurred on because of antagonizing comments from those such as Matt (using an example, not specifically for the Immeasurable thread).

Sonic fans on this forum nowadays aren't going and harassing people (coughcorgicough) or instigating issues. And, really, any passionate fanbase will have passionate debates. Is the toxicity nowadays so far ahead that we deserve to be expressed in negative light, especially on THIS SITE where passive aggression is the default personality for half the people here? No, that's disingenuous.
Who was Corgi? My memory's a little fuzzy in some areas, and it's probably someone that has been gone for years at this point

Who was Corgi? My memory's a little fuzzy in some areas, and it's probably someone that has been gone for years at this point
Corgi was a person who's passion made a volatile combination with his tactless words, who essentially made fun of and gender-stereotyped Sera when the latter was still perceived as genuine. He would also openly mock and jest, though oftentimes taking it a step too far. For a period of time, most staff avoided Sonic threads as a result and every CRT came to a crawl. And that was one person who did that.

To this day, I'm certain some effects from that are left unseen. Sound much worse than nowadays, huh?

Corgi was a person who's passion made a volatile combination with his tactless words, who essentially made fun of and gender-stereotyped Sera when the latter was still perceived as genuine. He would also openly mock and jest, though oftentimes taking it a step too far. For a period of time, most staff avoided Sonic threads as a result and every CRT came to a crawl. And that was one person who did that.

To this day, I'm certain some effects from that are left unseen. Sound much worse than nowadays, huh?
Oh yeah, it definitely does. I'd say the periods between 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 had some of the craziest events I've seen on VBW

btw what did sera do? i remembered her being very okay

btw what did sera do? i remembered her being very okay
I'm very blunt and this is a sensitive topic for some so I'll just put this carefully; the extent of where the real Sera ends and the fake Sera begins is mostly unknown. She sockpuppeted and kept that secret, and told many lies about her personal life afaik.

Still, let's not let this derail into talks of Sera please.

Sera basically tried to destabilize the community of VSBW so Fandom had to shut it down out of controversy by organizing tactics behind the scenes with a combination of sockpuppets, doxxing lies and putting blame on innocent users.

Thanks for the scoop, Bob, I didn't even know all that.

What I'm getting at is that those who rag on us are no better themselves, which is just something that needs to be said. It's clear that sitting around, twiddling thumbs and trying yo let any ill-will die just isn't what's happening, at least to me, which is why I asked you all. Wish I got more opinions, though. Cuz it ain't all negative, I'm sure there are those out there who'd never admit that we do some good.

Last edited:
This is a topic I can’t be too insightful on. I know I’ve been taking a break but the only time I remember push back on my own Sonic threads was correcting scaling issues in Dr. Robotnik (Archie) but that was over a year ago.

Has something happen?

I feel like some people here are afraid to give their honest opinions because everybody can see this conversation. To which I say **** that, people need to stop beating around the bush and tell it how it is

or maybe most people don't have an opinion about it, i mean, at least for me all the threads i see on the sonic related tags nowdays are fine

or maybe most people don't have an opinion about it, i mean, at least for me all the threads i see on the sonic related tags nowdays are fine
My comment is targeted more towards the Sonic fans from years ago which are still around, most nowadays are new faces. I don't expect everybody to care, but I know some do.

I wanna ask you all a general question, though I expect to get varied responses; Does anybody particularly like or dislike the stigma surrounding Sonic fans on this forum?
Mostly when non-fans act cocky and either think they know more than real fans, or when they try to make threads on topics they know nothing about

4-A Base Cast will require my untimely demise.

Most of the previous revisions on it ranged from bad to badly decent so I wouldn't be surprised if a strong and well-supported thread changes my mind

come on shake, we got 2-B super forms back, and you remember how controversial the threads regarding it where in the past, we will be fine

and then we can plan the tier 2 base cast so that sonic can easily no sell mario completely and balance returns once again

btw seeing the two blogs about the timeline and the stats in the verse page, i feel like sonic should get a separated profile for his adventure era, and more keys to the modern one

in my opinion the modern profile should be separated because of the timeline having clearly more moments of growth, and separating it would be for the sake of "not looking ugly as hell"
I agree. There's actually several instances of power creeps that I hope can be separated into keys. My goal is so separate the Modern era into keys based on entries up to a certain date (Like as a random example, Unleashed until Colors)

I'm used to it tbh, when you hear another mass produced NPC repeat the oh so not overused phase Sonic had a rough transition into 3D on gaming review sites/interviews or people still reacting to Sonic 06 like it was some kind of historic war crime on YT plus the unfunny memes that feeds the "terrifying" sonic fan sigma at some point you just got to deal with the cards we've been dealt with and just give zero f*ucks about what others think.

Tbf looking at the more recent CRTs over the past few months it's pretty evident we Sonic supporters are far from most "troublesome" people to deal with when it comes to revisions for popular, iconic and/or infamous verses.

I agree. There's actually several instances of power creeps that I hope can be separated into keys. My goal is so separate the Modern era into keys based on entries up to a certain date (Like as a random example, Unleashed until Colors)
yeah, but it would likely require a separation between modern and adventure or else we could end up with something like this ugly thing which is a no on my book

Back