• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I genuinely don't know why they view Frontiers enemies is such a low light. Even outside the community people view them as weaker than other bosses.

My favorite defense is "They didn't make him drop rings" in reference to how the titans clearly don't scale to Super Sonic.
There's also "There's no proof Sonic was even going all out."
I mean, they actually ignore the fact that sonic gets stronger with each game that comes out, meaning that he should already be superior to previous enemies that needed super forms to be defeated,like,sonic beat the death egg robot with the power of the phantom ruby,which a copy version can break the boundaries between realities.
and a sonic infinite times weaker than that sonic,can literraly beat solaris in his super form,like,why will sonic be weaker than the previos versions?why will the enemies be weaker?

It's ironic, considering Kishimoto recently stated that they made the new bosses equal to all the previous bosses because that was the only way they could challenge Super Sonic.

It's ironic, considering Kishimoto recently stated that they made the new bosses equal to all the previous bosses because that was the only way they could challenge Super Sonic.

which means, that the rest of the titans should be as powerful as the enemies that super sonic faced (at least the level of time eater,dark gaia,egg wizard or solaris,well,maybe take egg wizard out,maybe)

Huh?, doesn't Knight's description say that Super Sonic would need a bit of luck to defeat him?

I don't think so. I remember it saying "Chance" but nothing about luck. He did mention needing luck in addition to the Chaos Emeralds when he played baseball with Giganto.

And yeah, I agree on the Titans being above virtually everyone else. I...genuinely can't think of a reason not to outside of them not visibly destroying stuff. (Which I guess is why some people downplay them).

And yeah, I agree on the Titans being above virtually everyone else. I...genuinely can't think of a reason not to outside of them not visibly destroying stuff. (Which I guess is why some people downplay them).
Yeah the AoE fallacy is probably the most likely reason tbh. You don't see the Titans destroying planets, warping reality or even majorly affecting Sonic's world and thus they're nothing more than mere badniks that got dynamaxed in the eyes of normies and anti-scalers which ofc feeds the detractors by that can't be helped.

Also expecting an intelligent debate on Reddit is a fools errand.

Yeah the AoE fallacy is probably the most likely reason tbh. You don't see the Titans destroying planets, warping reality or even majorly affecting Sonic's world and thus they're nothing more than mere badniks that got dynamaxed in the eyes of normies and anti-scalers which ofc feeds the detractors by that can't be helped.

It is to be expected, in sonic that always happens, if there is a new enemy, if it does not destroy, I don't know what, trillions of planets in a second, or destroys all of existence, it means that it is very weak. I mean, they don't even know how the area of effect thing works? AP and AOE are not the same, I can hit and break a door, and a bullet can leave only a small hole, even though the bullet hole is smaller than my fist, the bullet generates more energy and if I tried to hit it I would literally get I would go through my fist. It's energy, not area of effect, that we're after.
and even destroying a planet,it could be higher or lower than planet level depending on how the planet was destroy.

That I agree on. But leaving out that dialogue because SEGA thought it was stupid and wanted to take it back isn't really a downside or anything.
they literally removed all the dialogue from the sonic vs eggman fight,i don't know why they will remove all the dialogues and not one

they literally removed all the dialogue from the sonic vs eggman fight,i don't know why they will remove all the dialogues and not one
They removed all the dialogue? I thought you meant they just kept the statement of the Wisps collective energy being superior to the Chaos Emeralds out of the game since that made no sense (and didn't even make it to the OG cut). Didn't know they cut everything.

They removed all the dialogue? I thought you meant they just kept the statement of the Wisps collective energy being superior to the Chaos Emeralds out of the game since that made no sense (and didn't even make it to the OG cut). Didn't know they cut everything.
yeah,all the fight has 0 dialogue

I don't think so. I remember it saying "Chance" but nothing about luck. He did mention needing luck in addition to the Chaos Emeralds when he played baseball with Giganto.
I think that part alone should seal the deal about the Titans being comparable to Super Sonic, if Sonic of all people felt he still needed some luck in order to beat Giganto.
And in some way, it supports Kishimoto's statement about the Titans being as powerful as other final bosses in the series if even Sonic isn't 100% sure in beating them

Considering that someone on Reddit said that Alf Layla Wa-Layla didn't destroy the Arabian Night and said that void created by him was just GAS, I second this notion (HOW TF DO YOU GET THE THAT IT'S JUST GAS)
The level of copium is so high,that literraly makes saitama feat of destroying stars be like 0 copium

It's not my fault! 😭 Someone brought up an interesting theory and believed the Titans scale to/were stronger than Super Sonic. And I responded cause his theory was neat.

Then someone just starting hitting me with just...nonsense! Like...I genuinely felt myself getting confused by the commentors statements.

I think that part alone should seal the deal about the Titans being comparable to Super Sonic, if Sonic of all people felt he still needed some luck in order to beat Giganto.
And in some way, it supports Kishimoto's statement about the Titans being as powerful as other final bosses in the series if even Sonic isn't 100% sure in beating them

You would think so but no. I mentioned how Sonic, Sage, and Tails collectively doubted Super Sonic. He said it didn't matter as it was just nonsense to hype up the titans and meant nothing powerscaling wise.

He told me that while, in the same response, stating Sonic could've been holding back and the Titans didn't take any rings from him thus he tanked their attacks.

So quick question how many universes does Super Sonics 2-C rating scale to?
At minimum 12 or so from Time Eater iirc.

Sonic's timeline, Silver's original timeline, Bad Future of Stardust Speedway, and each of the main nine stages of White Space being referred to as its own dimension in some JP stuff

You would think so but no. I mentioned how Sonic, Sage, and Tails collectively doubted Super Sonic. He said it didn't matter as it was just nonsense to hype up the titans and meant nothing powerscaling wise.

He told me that while, in the same response, stating Sonic could've been holding back and the Titans didn't take any rings from him thus he tanked their attacks.
He does know each of the Titans can individually one shot Super Sonic if you fail certain QTEs, right? Besides, I don't know how Sonic himself having doubts of beating the Titans with ease is just mere "hype"

He does know each of the Titans can individually one shot Super Sonic if you fail certain QTEs, right? Besides, I don't know how Sonic himself having doubts of beating the Titans with ease is just mere "hype"

According to him it doesn't count as it's Plot Induced Stupidity. Why does he say this?

Wyvern one-shots Sonic in one of his death animations with 10 or more missiles. Outside of the cutscenes, he can take a straight missile it, a singular missile it, and keep fighting.

As for the second part, I'm not sure. The closest he mentions is that...Super Sonic doesn't lose rings against the Titans unlike with Solaris so clearly they MUST be weaker than him...and that's it. That's his entire argument. He believes Super Sonic could've been holding back and thus the Titans don't scale.

You want to see Titan Downplay?

See this, comes with extra free The End downplay.

my god ryuko, better don't touch powerscaling,like,never,and there is another video about him and powerscaling(like the speed of sonic)and his arguments,are not bad necesaryly,he is just assumes things,like,super sonic speed don't flying into space or the same in sonic rush

As for the second part, I'm not sure. The closest he mentions is that...Super Sonic doesn't lose rings against the Titans unlike with Solaris so clearly they MUST be weaker than him...and that's it. That's his entire argument. He believes Super Sonic could've been holding back and thus the Titans don't scale.
Tell him to provide evidence that Super Sonic was holding back, or else it's just headcanon from him

About the invulnerability of Super states, the pages say, "The topic of Invulnerability for Super Forms was discussed and agreed upon within a recent CRT (September of 2021). Look to the notes on the verse page for further info". I can't find this CRT, though, if someone wouldn't mind helping me out and linking it, please.

never knew there was a Fleetway Shadow

As far as I know, there isn't. Sonic The Comic ended before that, Sonic the Comic Online is a fan-project, so isn't official.

The writers were freelancers, it has nothing holding on to the copyright itself as an "officially recognized work". It's similar to a lot of other projects like Toontown Rewritten which has a lot of input from the original developers, it's not an official sequel or continuation, it only is allowed to exist under Fair Use (It's no different from a Fanfic). It's the best thing available because of course there is no way that they will officially revive this series, but still not an official work.

I wanna ask you all a general question, though I expect to get varied responses; Does anybody particularly like or dislike the stigma surrounding Sonic fans on this forum?

I wanna ask you all a general question, though I expect to get varied responses; Does anybody particularly like or dislike the stigma surrounding Sonic fans on this forum?

The only thing I dislike is people assuming that since a thread is a Sonic downgrade thread it's gonna be a mess. 99.99% of the time things to smoothly and were perfectly fine with it. Honestly it's more difficult to get upgrades through, and that's NOT because of the Sonic fans most of the time

Back