• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where else? Bumblekast where WoG goes to die with shallow power scaling questions and confirmation bias all round.

The more people take Ian's answers seriously and/or give major reactions to them, the harder I laugh at them. Anti-WoG all the way baby!
I know Ian personally spat in your food but unfortunately, I didn't ask. I meant which Bumblekast.

I know Ian personally spat in your food but unfortunately, I didn't ask. I meant which Bumblekast.
The most recent one ofc and what's with the facetious response? I never said anything negative about Ian, it's the (questionable) power-scalers that are trying to abuse and misuse WoG that me as well as the other Sonic Scholars are evidently mocking not the actual WoG (Even Ian admits he is trolling the scaling community with his answers to the shameless leading questions).

Touch a nerve perhaps?

I was asking about a source on something, and you decided to respond to my question by complaining about Ian Flynn.
The most recent one ofc and what's with the facetious response? I never said anything negative about Ian, it's the (questionable) power-scalers that are trying to abuse and misuse WoG that me as well as the other Sonic Scholars are evidently mocking not the actual WoG (Even Ian admits he is trolling the scaling community with his answers to the shameless leading questions).

Touch a nerve perhaps?
Excellent strawman, I'm no longer entertaining this conversation since I don't tolerant wilful ignorance lightly (thanks for proving my nerve point accurate), peace!

With the events of Sonic Prime splitting the main universe into 4 separate space-times, would that make Sonic's universe a 2-C construct?

With the events of Sonic Prime splitting the main universe into 4 separate space-times, would that make Sonic's universe a 2-C construct?
Haven't watched the show, so I don't know the full context, but I think it wouldn't mean anything. It was just split into separate timelines by a phenomena. Now it'd be a different thing if you were saying there are several space-times contained within Sonic's Universe alone.

Haven't watched the show, so I don't know the full context, but I think it wouldn't mean anything. It was just split into separate timelines by a phenomena. Now it'd be a different thing if you were saying there are several space-times contained within Sonic's Universe alone.
If anything Sonic's universe has plenty off shoots connected to it (Special stages, Eggman's ad infinitum maze, Cyberspace, etc) but no direct indication that it contains all these dimensions and/or space-times within it.

Are we going to ignore Sonic withstanding universal nuking at point blank on the first episode?
I think we're waiting until "S2" or Prime's finale to get more context before fully opening that can of worms. Keep in mind that;

A) Unlike other animated Sonic adaptations, Prime is supposably canon to both the games and IDW comics which in itself is still a major pill to swallow not to mention all the inconsistencies and...

B) Prime already beats out all it's predecessors in terms of AP in the first episode alone (with an at least 2-C McGuffin) which does kinda fit in with the power-levels of the games but again more context is needed.

Well, we do already know Sonic absorbed some of its power.
But for how long and how much is unknown, right? Flynn also implied he knows where Prime falls in the continuity but that he's gonna let the show finish before speaking on that. So honestly, who knows what direction they're going with for Sonic's power. We definitely got better feats than I would've imagined

Oh yeah and Base Sonic getting point-blank 2-C Reality Warping resistance is cool lmao

We don't have the full context of the feat, nor an official explanation on how the Paradox Prism works
technically sonic said that he created that world, but he survived the explosion, the paradox prism fragmented, and he touched the red fragment and created the world of new yok.

But for how long and how much is unknown, right? Flynn also implied he knows where Prime falls in the continuity but that he's gonna let the show finish before speaking on that. So honestly, who knows what direction they're going with for Sonic's power. We definitely got better feats than I would've imagined

Oh yeah and Base Sonic getting point-blank 2-C Reality Warping resistance is cool lmao
I recall the amount he absorbed was compared to one of the fragments, and considering he fights beings empowered by them multiple times, it'd be fair to scale them accordingly.

Anti-WoG report. Ian stated that reversing the GW/SGW was more akin to "turning back the clock" rather than AP/reality warping. How does one turn back a clock in universes/multiverses that have new pasts or no pasts at all,Ian? Nonsense as usual.

Last edited:
Anti-WoG report. Ian stated that reversing the GW/SGW was more akin to "turning back the clock" rather than AP/reality warping. How does one turn back a clock in universes/multiverses that have new pasts or no pasts at all,Ian? Nonsense as usual.
actually he said that what sonic wanted to do was akin to that, he described what happened as eggman "smashing the clock and making a similar new one" whatever that means

sometimes he says consistent things, other times he say things, wtf.

If anything Sonic's universe has plenty off shoots connected to it (Special stages, Eggman's ad infinitum maze, Cyberspace, etc) but no direct indication that it contains all these dimensions and/or space-times within it.

Precisely. Perceptive as usual Virgo. Though I do have admit this case is a bit different and can understand their thought process. They believed if one timeline could be split into many, then that must mean the universe was 2-C prior to the split.

Precisely. Perceptive as usual Virgo. Though I do have admit this case is a bit different and can understand their thought process. They believed if one timeline could be split into many, then that must mean the universe was 2-C prior to the split.
Fair enough, I normally see the cosmology like this:

*Local Multiverse: Sonic's Universe, Blaze's Universe, Special Stages, Cyberspace and Eggman's Maze.

*Extended Multiverse: Storybook worlds, Phantom realms (Null Void and Egg Reverie Zone) and lost dimensions (E.g; Ifrits dimension).

*Branching Multiverse: Essentially all the "What if...?" timelines from CD, Shadow 05 and (Thanks to Generations) Sonic 06 too.

*Dream Multiverse: Thanks to Maginaryworld, that has the dreams of all sentient beings from countless dimensions (including all the above) .

It'll be interesting to see how the "Shatterverse" actually effects the cosmology in the end.

You could arguably fit a type of "spirit world" here since its vaguely implied there is an afterlife in the Sonic games further backed by the existence of ghosts but it's mostly dependant on conjecture.

If Chronicles was still canon I wonder where it would fit in the cosmology, with the Twilight Cage and the implications all the alien races there came from different dimensions before getting trapped?

Fair enough, I normally see the cosmology like this:

*Local Multiverse: Sonic's Universe, Blaze's Universe, Special Stages, Cyberspace and Eggman's Maze.

*Extended Multiverse: Storybook worlds, Phantom realms (Null Void and Egg Reverie Zone) and lost dimensions (E.g; Ifrits dimension).

*Branching Multiverse: Essentially all the "What if...?" timelines from CD, Shadow 05 and (Thanks to Generations) Sonic 06 too.

*Dream Multiverse: Thanks to Maginaryworld, that has the dreams of all sentient beings from countless dimensions (including all the above) .

It'll be interesting to see how the "Shatterverse" actually effects the cosmology in the end.

You arguably fit in a type of "spirit world" here since its vaguely implied there is afterlife in the Sonic games further backed by the existence of ghosts but it's mostly dependant on conjecture.

If Chronicles was still canon I wonder where it would of fit in the cosmology, with the Twilight Cage and the implications all the alien races came from different dimensions before getting trapped?
branching multiverse is infinite,because of the stament in heroes saying '' infinite possibilities''and shadow the hedgehog proofs that the timelines can branch with decisions.
also,sonic in the fourth dimension needs to be included(at least)

branching multiverse is infinite,because of the stament in heroes saying '' infinite possibilities''and shadow the hedgehog proofs that the timelines can branch with decisions.
also,sonic in the fourth dimension needs to be included(at least)
I mean that just sounds like an ad-infinitum multiverse confirmation, not an actually infinite one. Infinite possibilities means there's infinite actions that can be executed. Not that all infinite possibilities have been executed.

I mean that just sounds like an ad-infinitum multiverse confirmation, not an actually infinite one. Infinite possibilities means there's infinite actions that can be executed. Not that all infinite possibilities have been executed.

solaris was already going to destroy all the past, present and future, and the future in this case is what will happen, meaning that everything that happens ''after'' happens, but it was destroyed by solaris.

solaris was already going to destroy all the past, present and future, and the future in this case is what will happen, meaning that everything that happens ''after'' happens, but it was destroyed by solaris.
You're assuming the future is an infinite amount of time. The future could end at any time and the end of space-time as Sonic knows it could be within a finite amount of time. So we can only assume a finite amount of actions are to occur.

You're assuming the future is an infinite amount of time. The future could end at any time and the end of space-time as Sonic knows it could be within a finite amount of time. So we can only assume a finite amount of actions are to occur.
That's not how it works, time doesn't have to be infinite for there to be infinite possibilities, there can be infinite possibilities in finite time (in the same way that there are models of the big bang that started out finite and then infinite)

That's not how it works, time doesn't have to be infinite for there to be infinite possibilities, there can be infinite possibilities in finite time (in the same way that there are models of the big bang that started out finite and then infinite)
There's always infinite possibilities within a finite timeframe. Even in the real world where we believe the Universe will eventually end. What I'm saying is NOT infinite is the execution of said possibilities. Not every possibility will be able to be executed in a universe with a finite lifespan. Millions, billions, trillions of possibilities will be executed, sure. But not infinite.

There's always infinite possibilities within a finite timeframe. Even in the real world where we believe the Universe will eventually end. What I'm saying is NOT infinite is the execution of said possibilities. Not every possibility will be able to be executed in a universe with a finite lifespan. Millions, billions, trillions of possibilities will be executed, sure. But not infinite.
there is like countless live forms in the universe,and sonic in the fourth dimension says that the fourth dimension is endless(and is the ''time dimension'')By the way, why do you assume that is so?time in sonic can be endless,you can't just say that is not gonna have endless timelines because you think that is equal to our world,but of course,the world of sonic is not 100%equal to our world.

there is like countless live forms in the universe,and sonic in the fourth dimension says that the fourth dimension is endless(and is the ''time dimension'')By the way, why do you assume that is so?time in sonic can be endless,you can't just say that is not gonna have endless timelines because you think that is equal to our world,but of course,the world of sonic is not 100%equal to our world.
the fourth dimension is not considered canon

Back