• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
According to Kishimoto, the Cyloop is an ancient technology that was used on the Starfall Islands long ago, so Sonic was only being allowed to use said technology by someone that was guiding him. He asks fans to wonder which character is pulling the strings for Sonic using the Cyloop. It could simply be The End, but maybe there's someone else in the Third Update and we'll get an explanation there.

According to Kishimoto, the Cyloop is an ancient technology that was used on the Starfall Islands long ago, so Sonic was only being allowed to use said technology by someone that was guiding him. He asks fans to wonder which character is pulling the strings for Sonic using the Cyloop. It could simply be The End, but maybe there's someone else in the Third Update and we'll get an explanation there.
so cyloop is not sonic's own power? he loses it in the end of the game?

That seems to be the case, we might learn more in the third update that is "a brief look in the next plans for Sonic's games"

Kishimoto didn't say that.
Considering that Sonic was just being allowed to use that technology by someone's else desires, it feels strange for him to still be able to use it if he doesn't have the help he once had. He never really understood that power, he was just getting help for it.

Thanks for the info.
Personally, I think it's very disappointing that it'll just be more stuff slapped onto the game profiles instead of getting to be their own things.
Used ON the Starfall Islands?
Well, if strings are being pulled for Sonic to use it, I'm wondering: Has Sonic been able to use the Cyloop OFF of the Starfall Islands?

Like, I'm wondering if it's enabled primarily based on location, secondarily based on identity (Ex: Being a Starfall Island native.) or if some entity is just Empowering Sonic with it until further notice. Or at least, until Sonic's business there is done.

Used ON the Starfall Islands?
Well, if strings are being pulled for Sonic to use it, I'm wondering: Has Sonic been able to use the Cyloop OFF of the Starfall Islands?

Like, I'm wondering if it's enabled primarily based on location, secondarily based on identity (Ex: Being a Starfall Island native.) or if some entity is just Empowering Sonic with it until further notice. Or at least, until Sonic's business there is done.
Going to give the translation here

The question
サイループとは?ソニックはどのようにして習ったのですか? それは彼自身の能力ですか、それともスターフォールでその力を得たのですか??
What's the Cyloop? How did Sonic learn it? Is it his own ability or did he get that power in Starfall (Island)?

This is what Kishimoto said
するどいご質問ですね!サイループ自体はスターフォールの古代で使われていた技術です。では、その技術を何故ソニックが使えるのか?というと、あるキャラクターの陰謀によってサイループをソニックが使えるように導いているのです。この裏で糸を引いているキャラクターはあなたが推理して下さい😅

That's a very perceptive question. The Cyloop itself is an ancient technology/technique used on Starfall (Island). So, why was Sonic able to use said technology/technique? So, a certain character guided Sonic to use the Cyloop as part of their plotting. Guess who is the character pulling the strings behind all this 😅

The term they use here is "技術" and can mean both a technology or techniques in general.

I mean, nothing here seems to be contentions with Sonic still having the technique after the events of the game. All it implies is that someone pulling the strings allowed Sonic to learn the technique. Sonic is able to retain the knowledge he gains on Starfall island from their tech. There's no reason he should just suddenly forget it after leaving the Island. At least based on what was said so far.

Considering it's something most likely developed by the Ancients, I wonder if the Chao could use it, or at least Chaos if the mutation allowed it to unlock some genes that made it similar to the ancients.

Amy refers to the Cyloop as Sonic's "new technique" in one of the cutscenes so that's probably it lol
Yes, I think that is very much the case. In the game its stated numerous times the ancient civilization recorded their achievements among many other things for trustworthy people later down the line to inherent. They also mentioned how data could be downloaded directly to someone's head, thus how Sonic would be allowed to use said technique (And was trusted by The End to free them and thus allowed that data)

Here's a gallery of pretty much every statement saying such.

Their tech works off of the Starfall Islands as well, such as Angel Island, space, and a different planet altogether, so Sonic should be able to use cyber stuff off the islands as well.

Ian just said that there were Chaos Forces for every Zone. Sounds like nonsense again,as usual.

-Zonic would have stated that Mogul took over A Chaos Force,not THE Chaos Force.

-There would've been Walkers & Auroras from all over the multiverse that would've collectively jumped Master Mogul.

-Chaos Control would've lost it's range by zone hopping.

-The GW/SGW wouldn't be a thing.

Where else? Bumblekast where WoG goes to die with shallow power scaling questions and confirmation bias all round.

The more people take Ian's answers seriously and/or give major reactions to them, the harder I laugh at them. Anti-WoG all the way baby!
I can't take many vsbw situations seriously.

I feel like ian flynn is trustworthy, but he sometimes answers very random questions, like, I don't know.

It was a live bumblekast and people were paying like 10 USD to ask if X mathematical concept existed in the Sonic universe.
I don't know, sonic is basically like the real world, but with a lot of magical things,a world of dreams,magical emeralds with unlimited powers that can make ideas into reality,mysterious beings who want to destroy it all, gods, not literal and literal,multiple dimension and universes,etc,i don't think is unreasonable to think that there is like,those things,also,there are a lot of mathematical things that appear in sonic's story(in all media), seriously, sonic in the fourth dimension has transfinite mathematics,you can found it in chapter 11(this is the only one that is apply,the rest is like normal mathematics or something)

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it’s pretty obvious which BK questions are asked by powerscalers so they can’t be used for the most part according to this site’s rules
vsbw:not wog of if is about powerscaling.
other wikies:valid except if contradicts the source material.
yeah,pretty logical to me

I was particularly surprised to see what they were asking. I really had no idea that now people think that "if they mention X idea in any way it means they are Y powerful". It's not even something I was aware and now everywhere I see people spamming questions about that, when did that become such a hot topic to ask by powerscalers

I was particularly surprised to see what they were asking. I really had no idea that now people think that "if they mention X idea in any way it means they are Y powerful". It's not even something I was aware and now everywhere I see people spamming questions about that, when did that become such a hot topic to ask by powerscalers
this is what happens when you only look a concept on the surfice, you start to think you understsand

Back