• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
At least in Generations the enemies bother to try to actually tackle you if you stand still while nearby, unlike Forces

A Sonic game, but with Smash Ultimate's models, it's level of CGI in CGI cutscenes, lighting, it's level of SFX, using this type of gameplay, Ian Flynn or Sayako Yoshimura (Sonic Unleashed's writer) is behind the writing, Yoshinobu Uba (Generations lead game designer) behind level design and Tyson Hesse is directing the model animations

Thoughts?

I'm sorry dude but I just don't think smash bros have that good models of Sonic. I don't think it's bad, but it kinda falls flat compared to the ones in the actual games. There is something about it, that's so artificial. It looks like the smirk is just drawn onto the nuzzle.

Maverick Zero X said:
Sonic's moveset is so uninspired. I'd honestly prefer if he weren't in Smash Bros. at all.
You don't know how much I relate to what you have just said.

MYHERO said:
Wouldn't it have been ******* dope to be able to perform a Sonic Eagle when you spike someone?
*******. Yes. Holy shit. You'd think after 3 games of him and changing his moveset slightly, they'd just give him his Sonic Battle moveset instead of his Sonic the Fighters one.

Maverick Zero X said:
Sonic's moveset is so uninspired. I'd honestly prefer if he weren't in Smash Bros. at all.
^Tbh. They basically gave him Fox's down-smash & dash attack. He relies heavily on spin attacks and while I'm grateful they added the little rectnal for his homing attack, they might as well have added his boost while they were at it.

Coincidentally, I had just started reading that today.

Got a little triggered that Sonic has to wear clothes

Maverick Zero X said:
Coincidentally, I had just started reading that today.
Got a little triggered that Sonic has to wear clothes </div>
Otherwise you would get this:

Sonic naked

I'm back from my supposed break! I was graduating from high school btw for those wondering. Btw, Mario is overrated and I don't see anything good about his series other than saving the game industry from a time gaming wasn't so popular or diverse as it was now.

Not a good argument. You can't say "This game is my favorite so therefore you should like it". My friends play Fortnite and they like it more than their girlfriends. Should I like it too knowing it's their favorite game rn?

Maverick Zero X said:
I think 3D Mario games are pretty rad...
Super Mario World =/= Super Mario 3D World

Nintendo was likely lazy and just slapped 3D into names they already used.

Same thing for Super Mario Land to Super Mario 3D Land

Back