• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
While I don't think the Shadow timelines is going to fly, everything else looks beatiful.

Though I get the feeling it won't be accepted.

I like Mario and his games are great but I swear that the recent Mario vs Sonic death battle was Mario fan service IMO

-The original vid where Sonic won has 23 million while the newest has only 3 million

-Screw Attack even made a vid addressing how broken Archie Sonic was

-The original fight was way cooler

I do think the remake had pretty good animation, but I really hate how they portrayed Sonic there. They made his voice real try hard, made him fight like a b*tch with him flailing his arms at Mario, and just gave poor fan service in general to him. Mario was represented much better there. But like Oblivion said the amount of views pales in comparison to the older one, though I'm pretty sure that it's other factors like how long the original one was out is the reason and not because of success.

Speaking of which the most successful Mario vs Sonic match are actually where Sonic wins. Like Oblivion stated the original vid had 23 million views but there are others like

https://youtu.be/ekxkIENeaNI

https://youtu.be/4a9oQgqUv5k

https://youtu.be/F3bx2p1Nh2c

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I don't like using the Shadow stuff either since only one ending is canon.
I think it still makes sense to at least count each ending as a timeline, that sounds fair to me.

ShakeResounding said:
Accurate outcome (Game vs. Game), inaccurate portrayal (of Sonic), awesome animation.

That's my take lol
I disagree, Super Sonic beats star Mario and Sonic managed to transform into in his super form even after being knocked out by the Time Eater who is stronger than base Mario

Aw Shadow vs Mewtwo really sucked. One of their arguments was literally that Mewtwo can just erase his mind and Shadow would just then get himself killed, when Sonic heroes proved that wasn't the case as the moment he woke up he started attacking Omega who was shooting the whole base down.

And Shadow has resisted better mindhax than what Mewtwo has.

Not to mention Mewtwo is 5-A at most, Super Shadow is 2-B (Idc if he's rated 2-C on here and it doesn't make a difference either way).

I disagree, Super Sonic beats star Mario and Sonic managed to transform into in his super form even after being knocked out by the Time Eater who is stronger than base Mario

I think Shake was referring to how this wiki views these characters as most of us do believe Sonic is 2-B with immeasurable speed.

Even in this wikia star Mario is only 3-C while Super Sonic is 2-C, they didn't give Mario the pure hearts in the battle Hero

A battle between Mario and Sonic would start off with High 4-C and MFTL+ (Mario) vs. 5-B/5-A and FTL(+) (Sonic). If Sonic doesn't immediately go Super he gets one shot.

Archie Sonic doesn't just beat Mario. He stomps all of nintendo. Until Xeker100 upgrades Arceus that is, then Arceus might actually put up a fight.

Yeah, if I ever go into Death Battle is for the fanmade DeviantArt ones.

They often felt better researched and written fights are still entertaining to see.

Quality may vary but eh.

Maverick Zero X said:
A battle between Mario and Sonic would start off with High 4-C and MFTL+ (Mario) vs. 5-B/5-A and FTL(+) (Sonic). If Sonic doesn't immediately go Super he gets one shot.
Sonic managed to go super after being beaten by the Time Eater who is low 2-C, even if Mario speedblitized( the irony) he can still go super

@Theuser That is a good point actually. If Sonic gets knocked the **** out and has all the emeralds with him at hand, he just turns into Super form. And even if Mario kills him instead of just tapping him, chaos emeralds does grant resurrection so he would still turn super lol.

I'll post a grand post on it to pose the idea of varies on his profile

I just gotta prepare and clear my mind before jumping into another Sonic thread

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yeah but like, Time Eater was completely toying with Base Sonic.
That's still low 2-C attacks that Sonic after taking them could still transform in his super form

Okay I wouldn't go that far. It was clear that he was holding back as he said that's just to warm him up. Unless if you actually believe universal base Sonic...

Do you?

No, I don't, I just believe that Sonic can go super even after taking a beating from a powerful enemy, the Time Eater clearly stomped him so Sonic obviosly doesn't scale to him

I don't want to remember how Sega was so incompetent with their writing that they denied us a 2-A game Sonic and infinitely above baseline Archie Sonic.

Back