• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Maverick Zero X said:
On an unrelated note, Violet Void:
It's funny that there are plenty of speed feats yet I have seen people( on Reddit and Space Battles) that claim that Sonic is subsonic without the boost, it's pure downplay

Goddamn the writing of TSR is fantastic.

It seems after years (and no i'm not meaning colors onwards, I mean since the first adventure game) they finally got the characters right.

The talk about Sonic's timeline and continuity is the reason I freakin' love Ian Flynn. Unlike SEGA nowadays, he makes a great effort in trying to tie up the continuity by referencing past events.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Theuser789 SoNiC iZ sUpAhSoNiC aT bEsT cUz "RoLlInG aRoUnD aT dA sPeEd Of SoUnD!!!"
Worse, it's from a vague line in a manual that says that the boost increases temporaly Sonic's speed above the sound barrier which means he isn't faster than sound without It, pure downplay

Even I wouldn't downplay Sonic to subsonic.

I also like Ian Flynn. I also am happy he's doing what he loves.

The Japanese version of Sonic Colors uses the scene where Sonic surpasses the Wisp Cyan more focused on saying that Sonic is even faster than Wisp while the American version said something they were comparable with Sonic being just a little faster .

Just as I finally caught up to him, he suddenly went and phased right into my bod. Not as fast as me, but he's still quite something.
Also, this is more specific as Mother Wisp has directly created the planets while in the American version somehow this has been left in a more vague way.

"Mama is a goddess who created our planet, as well as birthed and raised us".

BTW, ite been stated in his Sonic Channel profile that Super Sonic drains a lot of energy.

Should that be added as a potential weakness?

The Emeralds are what gives Sonic the power to go Super. And at times, Sonic has never shown to be tired or "drained" of energy except from the outlier fight with Dark Gaia. It's like saying "HURR DURR SONIC CAN'T SWIM CAUSE STATEMENTS SAID SO" when we saw him swim on three seperate occassions.

UltimateFlare said:
BTW, ite been stated in his Sonic Channel profile that Super Sonic drains a lot of energy.

Should that be added as a potential weakness?
No.

Sonic was drained because Dark Gaia drained energy from him while he was in his Werehog form.

It likely means it consumes energy as an explanation for why it's "temporary" rather than it leaves Sonic drained of energy after use (iirk the opposite is true)

When do we see Sonic swim?

Foneybone1 said:
It likely means it consumes energy as an explanation for why it's "temporary" rather than it leaves Sonic drained of energy after use (iirk the opposite is true)

When do we see Sonic swim?
Super forma don't have a time limit, those are gameplay mechanics.

Sonic can swin in Colors

I know it's not temporary, that's why I put it in quotes, but it's often said to be. I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying the Sonic Channel description could just be them attempting to make a non gameplay mechanic explanation for it.

He kind of sort of swims, but also not really. You could just as easily say it's only a gameplay mechanic too since he can't swim in Generations.

Foneybone1 said:
I know it's not temporary, that's why I put it in quotes, but it's often said to be. I'm not saying I agree, I'm saying the Sonic Channel description could just be them attempting to make a non gameplay mechanic explanation for it.

He kind of sort of swims, but also not really. You could just as easily say it's only a gameplay mechanic too since he can't swim in Generations.
It's only said as a tutorial similar to they saying that you need to press the A button to jump or rings to take damage

I'm fairly certain there's a line in SA2 about Shadow needing to be carful about his ring count or energy or something, but regardless, I'm not agreeing with Sonic Channel that there's a time limit, I'm trying to make sense of what they said.

Foney's right, it's probably just them tying up some game mechanics. There's no point in arguing something that nobody here really believes in anyway.

@Foney It's said if Shadow used to much energy, he'd "disappear". I'd say that's a weakness, up until you realize something like that is never mentioned again and Sonic never seems worried about it even if it were true.

Actually, I've heard somewhere (can't remember where so don't ask) that a Shadow the Hedgehog game was planned from the beginning so they did have plans of bringing him back. The popularity pretty much gave them more incentive to do it.

Foneybone1 said:
Sonic swam in Free Riders and there's promotional art where he has swam in the classic era

Back