• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gonna get eye-rolls for this one, but my all-time favorite Sonic game is Sonic R. Though, I think I was spoiled with the PC version of it, since it apparently ironed out a lot of what made the original Saturn game so bad, apart from the whole "takes a couple of hours to beat" aspect.

It introduced me to both Sonic and the racing genre, and I have nothing but respect for it.

...yeah, he didn't
ßÁâß½ßÁÉßÁÆ╦óßÁù ߽ߪßÁÅßÁë ßÁëßÁìßÁìßÁÉßÁâßÂ░ ߪ╦ó ╩À╩│ßÁÆßÂ░ßÁì ßÁÆ╩│ ╦óßÁÆßÁÉßÁëßÁù╩░ߪßÂ░ßÁì

It's pretty clear he wasn't but whateves.

"What's your most favorite Sonic game of all time?"

This is a DOOZY!

3. Sonic Rush Adventure. This game was my FIRST ever video game that got me into gaming and the first game I beaten by myself COMPLETELY! The story is great, Blaze is a badass princess (Why she not a queen? Idk), and I love those sailing sections to boot. Sonic Rush and Sonic Colors DS are great games too, but they aren't as great as Rush Adventure imo as it holds a special place in my heart for a reason. Also Dimps makes good games.

2. Sonic Adventure 2. This game's story is actually a pretty tragic one. Gerald wanted revenge on humanity for taking away his years of research, Shadow, and then his daughter right under his noses and shutting down the Star destroying weapon (inb4 Eggman and co. never have tier 4 feats DURRR). I loved the fact that I can play through 3 different playstyles too. The speed sections are my favorite, then it's a war between the mech ones or treasure hunting. Plus, YOU GET TO PLAY AS EGGMAN IN A MAINLINE GAME!

1. Sonic Unleashed. Between this or SA2, these were always my favorite. While the story can use some work here and there, I think it was a good story overall and I love how pretty the game looks in general (Especially on the Xbox One). Unleashed also holds a special place in my heart too. As this game seems to always but in its pretty ass face with whatever console generation I be playing on. Also the OST is ******* brilliant. I like how each music piece relates to whatever country it tries to represent. The final battle may be a hassle, but it was a dam good final battle imo. Unleashed overall is a great Sonic game as this is the game that got me into more darker stories for Sonic, amazing graphics, great blend of speed, platforming, and beat 'em up, and did the boost formula right in a 3D environment.

It's pretty clear he wasn't but whateves.

Even if I were to agree for a second that Sonic does have fate hax, the reason for him having them Eggman gives is wrong, you litteraly gave evidence of this. More chaos energy doesn't equate to better fate hax the way Eggman thinks it does.

Topic: Would you prefer if the next main series title were another throwback to the Classic Era, another try at the "Boost" formula, or something different?

I'd want another Classic Era game, but I think that's inevitable due to Mania's success.

I think the Boost formula was probably done best in Unleashed due to there being sections where you'd want/need to actually slow down due to difficulty. If they made the level design more challenging, the Boost formula would shine more. At least, that's my opinion.

Oof I just heard Knuckles' new voice. Yikes.

Anyway, in Team Sonic Racing, everyone has access to high-tech cars. Sonic uses Speed Star, Shadow uses Dark Reaper, Eggman uses the Egg Booster, and so on. These should be listed as equipment on their profiles.

@Zamasu Chan Ha, unless you want to say that Sonic using the hyper-go-on in base is more powerful than his super form or even Solaris, then that would be outright false. Guess they realized how dumb it would've sounded so they didn't use it.

I don't think they care, maybe they cut it off because it was a plot point that didn't make it to the full game.

Like really, consistency with power ain't in their mind aside from establishing Sonic gets stronger as time goes on and given how he fared against Chaos Zero in forces even THAT is not consistent.

To be fair, that same Super Sonic struggled against a Dark Gaia RIGHT after beating Solaris.

ShakeResounding said:
Sonic Topic:
What's your most favorite Sonic game of all time?

As simple as the question is, I don't think any of us have asked this before. If we did, then it must've been within the first few threads.
Sonic Unleashed for the PS3/Xbox360 minus the werehog sections. I just wholeheartedly believe that the Werehog sections could've been Knux. They weren't bad but after a while, it's like eh.

I'm not so sure if we can really say that DS colors and Wii colors are simultaneously canon.

Wokistan said:
I'm not so sure if we can really say that DS colors and Wii colors are simultaneously canon.
What if the plot of the actual game got divided between the two?

Some of the events seem rather mutually exclusive.

Yeah the Mother Wisp and others members of the cast appear in the DS version but not the Wii. I think the Wii version would take more precedence if there was a contradiction (then again Sonic Team doesn't really seem to care too much about continuity as of late).

Maybe this was me being a little kid, but I actually did like the Werehog sections. It was amusing enough doing all the combos that I enjoyed it.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yeah the Mother Wisp and others members of the cast appear in the DS version but not the Wii. I think the Wii version would take more precedence if there was a contradiction (then again Sonic Team doesn't really seem to care too much about continuity as of late).
The Mother Wisp appears in Team Sonic Racing, so the ds version is more canon

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
At this point it's like Mario with their lack of regard to continuity. You have Tails being ******* scared of Chaos 0 in Forces when he defeated Chaos 4 in Sonic Adventure.
When will we scale Sonic to Mario via the Olympic games?

Back