• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Maverick Zero X said:
If Galeem never threatens said universes then he isn't 2-C.
Oh yeah, at the very least the range should be upgraded, and it was actually to be applied in that thread, but the staff were tired of me "negotiating" the stats at that moment, you could say.

I would make another thread for just upgrading the range to "At least Universal+", but I´ve quite got a bad point of view by many for being the one that also tried to make it canon in the first place and ended up creating a new discussion rule from that.

Amy is actually more powerful than Sonic and Shadow, she just lacks skill and experience

Sonally >>> Sonamy btw

Modernmyrmidon said:
I don't know. I can't imagine you could scale Nintendo characters to Galeem could you?
What I had in mind is to just put it as a separate key, aka, the one where they can simply turn into "trophies" when knocked out, after all, the main cast has defeated a tier 2 character in all games (64 - Master Hand, Melee - Master/Crazy Hand, Brawl - Master/Crazy Hand and Tabuu, 4 - Master/Crazy Hand and Ultimate - Galeem and Dharkon).

So "At least Low 2-C" is actually reasonable if we stop taking such feats as PIS (Apparently only because we don´t have any lore behind supporting the characters to be as such), but I´m sure that isn´t going to happen anuytime soon, let alone accept it as canon without that sort of WoG. Note that at high-end it´s 2-A if Galeem/Dharkon did actually threaten to do a 2-A erradication or stuff of the sort.

Bobsican said:
Modernmyrmidon said:
I don't know. I can't imagine you could scale Nintendo characters to Galeem could you?
What I had in mind is to just put it as a separate key, aka, the one where they can simply turn into "trophies" when knocked out, after all, the main cast has defeated a tier 2 character in all games (64 - Master Hand, Melee - Master/Crazy Hand, Brawl - Master/Crazy Hand and Tabuu, 4 - Master/Crazy Hand and Ultimate - Galeem and Dharkon).
So "At least Low 2-C" is actually reasonable if we stop taking such feats as PIS (Apparently only because we don´t have any lore behind supporting the characters to be as such), but I´m sure that isn´t going to happen anuytime soon, let alone accept it as canon without that sort of WoG.
Yeah because it's difficult to power scale via fighting games. For example it's possible for Pichu to beat Galeem, a Saibamen to defeat Broly, Tenten to defeat Madara, etc.

Okay, even I know that´s wank, we never see Master/Crazy Hand´s "true" extradimensional form to even scale such form to the rest of the god tiers.

If anything, only Master/Crazy Hand are 1-C in their "true" extradimensional forms.

Modernmyrmidon said:
Yeah because it's difficult to power scale via fighting games. For example it's possible for Pichu to beat Galeem, a Saibamen to defeat Broly, Tenten to defeat Madara, etc.
Oh, that´s the easy part.

Just make the main playable cast the before-mentioned tier 2, and then just leave the fodder to their own in-screen feats, leaving how they damage the cast as game mechanics as a Goomba harming Mario.

Bobsican said:
Modernmyrmidon said:
Oh, that´s the easy part.
Just make the main playable cast the before-mentioned tier 2, and then just leave the fodder to their own in-screen feats, leaving how they damage the cast as game mechanics as a Goomba harming Mario.
So does that make Goomba's AP comparable to Mario's durability?

Bobsican said:
Modernmyrmidon said:
Bobsican said:
Check the Game Mechanics page for a good explanation.
Sorry I'm confused
To put it simply, fodder harming the main cast is taken as Plot-Induced Stupidity (for the sake of game balancing when reffering to game mechanics to be clear), as otherwise we would end up with Low 2-C Castlevania fodder, for example.
What can you scale fodder to if their only signs of strength are just game mechanics?

I wouldn't use Smash as that's clearly non-canon (they especially don't take into account the time limit thing being gameplay mechanics and say Super Sonic is only light speed) but here were some examples I previously gave of the "thoughts into power" stuff.

Tikal's prayer is "The servers are the 7 Chaos. Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart. The controller is the one that unifies the Chaos."

Blaze in Sonic 06: "That's a Chaos Emerald. It's said this gem can transform your thoughts into power. Collect seven and a miracle's supposed to happen."

Silver, also in Sonic 06: "Of course! Let's call him back with the power of the Chaos Emeralds! Focus your thoughts on using its power to perform this miracle..."

Of course, the Chaos Emeralds were able to resurrect Sonic and empower him, Shadow, and Silver with the strength to defeat Solaris.

The Sol Emeralds being alternate dimension counterparts of the Chaos Emeralds, so they function the same way were drained of their power by the Egg Salamander, but after being encouraged by Sonic and his friends, Blaze was renewed with confidence and was able to restore the power of the Sol Emeralds to transform into Burning Blaze.

See, if Sonic actually had to go Super to beat Infinite, that whole "mOsT pOwErFuL vIlLiAn SoNiC hAs EvEr FaCeD" thing would've actually been legit. Also, I miss Super Sonic being part of the plot.

@Shadow

Duuude, that's literally what I was thinking when I heard them say Infinite would be the most powerful opponent he's ever faced.

I could've sworn I saw somewhere that Infinite originally was going to be some kind of entity that originated from the Phantom Ruby but then they changed it into the backstory he has now.

I'm willing to bet that was the plan at first, but like most content in Sonic Forces (like Shadow's Chaos Control), it was cut out and scrapped.

Eh, I kinda want another Sonic Storybook Game. Maybe based on Greek or Roman Culture. Maybe a World bassed on The Odeyssey? And Hades as a Villain? Or Nemesis?

I did like Sega Scourge's theory of Infinite originally being a friend of the OC who was then corrupted by the Ruby's power, and the OC joined the resistance to not only fight against Eggman but to save his friend.

Funny thing is that originally, there was gonna be a 3rd storybook game to end off the trilogy, but was never said what it would be based off of.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Funny thing is that originally, there was gonna be a 3rd storybook game to end off the trilogy, but was never said what it would be based off of.
I thought there were 3. Secret rings, black knight, and dark brotherhood right? (From what I could gather people consider dark brotherhood to be a storybook game)

oof. That's a shame, I feel like if they got rid of the on rails type playstyle and no need for motion controls it could've been a cool switch game.

Hst master said:
I don't think Dark Brotherhood was considered a Storybook Game?
Really? I mean youtubers and some of my friends from Google + (before Google + died) said it was a storybook game because it had a similar style and similar themes.

Back