• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Besides I don't see that it would be hard convincing them, they work together after all, Sega owns Atlus. I'm sure if they wanted to they can get it done. It's just that I don't think it's likely as they might've just simply overlooked that idea.

In my case, the only thing preventing me of just giving it a 10/10 is the blatant feeling of game mechanics, like for example, if you run and then jump, the speed isn´t carried over at all, or how there are spirits with time limits for no reason beyond that, respectivelly.

Some likely will like this, but I don´t, not that I actually dislike the game for that, however

Me personally, the only thing stopping me from giving it a 10/10 is WoL feeling like a downgrade from Subspace Emissary. Not that I'm not grateful for Sakurai bring back a story mode (I very much am), but it literally feels like event mode with cutscenes while Subspace had platforming (very much Kirby-game inspired), practically a hub world in the form of subspace's maze, more than just fighting when you either had to solve puzzles or manuever through the stage quickly while the screen was scrolling and not mention co-op in it.

I know it's fighting game and people buy it to fight, not go through a platforming level, but I feel like with the added platforming in Subspace, it was paying respect to the many platformer originated characters on the roster like Mario, Sonic, Kirby, Pacman, Donkey Kong, Mega Man, etc.

Can you imagine the finale of the story being that every character that transforms during their final smash goes against Galeem (or whatever future threat) as a last ditch effort and you get play as Giga Bowser, Big Mac, Beast Ganon, Wario Man, Super Sonic and Kirby (he is OP on his own) with full movesets?!

Speaking of Eggman, how do you guys feel about him in the recent games? Do you think he's better or worse than before?

I´m still waiting for Wii emulated games to be released for the Switch.

Sonic Unleashed and Colors on the go is a big dream.

Bobsican said:
I´m still waiting for Wii emulated games to be released for the Switch.

Sonic Unleashed and Colors on the go is a big dream.
You know I heard 06 got ported to the switch, I'm not sure if that is true though.

I say Eggman looks pretty good in the recent games. He actually comes across as somewhat of a threat as he threatens to strangle a Zeti, breakdown a wall with his bare hands, actually wanted Infinite to finish off Sonic and had no issue with trying to incinerate the rest of the cast.

Also, I'd love to see the next Sonic game have a similar tone to Archie Sonic #200 with Eggman finally just snapping because of that L he got even after getting the Phantom Ruby.

How dare you like that atrocity, you shall be burned for your sins.

I actually don't hate 06 either. It has its flaws, but overall I did like the story and Mephiles was a badass villain.

I feel like the 06 story gets a bit too much heat from people that doesn't understand how time traveling works.

The main problem a lot of people have with that game is that it seems Sonic 06 doesn't seem to know how time traveling works.

Despite how much I like to rag on 06, it has some strong points.

The music for one, but it's a Sonic game so go figure. I also liked Mephiles as a villain (as one does) and Solaris was a cool villian to fight against due to the stakes being so tremendously high. Shadow taking off his inhibitor rings was also something I found awesome.

They hyped up Infinite, but Solaris is truly the most powerful villain in the entire franchise.

Mephiles is a great villain because of how manipulative he is, and he isn't entirely lying either. He points to Sonic being the Iblis trigger and tricks Silver into thinking that killing Sonic would get rid of Iblis, when what it would really do is cause Elise to cry as she became attached to Sonic and release Iblis from his seal.

He also tries to get Shadow on his side by pointing out how humanity turned their backs against him due to their fear of his power and used him as a scapegoat for the Day of Disaster.

And of course, he is the only villain to actually kill Sonic.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
I can't really hate 06. Had it been finished, it would've been pretty damn dope. Unfinished game, but not without potential.
It's the worst Sonic game without a doubt next to Rise of Lyric but I gotta commend it for being fully 3-D and the idea of Mephiles,Iblis and Solaris is pretty neat too minus Elesea.Just wish that it had more time and work put into it

I pretty much said my piece about 06 and how I hate it so I won't bugger this down with negativity

I do like how Shadow didn't fall for Mephiles bullshit, twice, because he already had enough of that shit with Black Doom

UltimateFlare said:
I pretty much said my piece about 06 and how I hate it so I won't bugger this down with negativity

I do like how Shadow didn't fall for Mephiles bullshit, twice, because he already had enough of that shit with Black Doom
Oh I forgot to mention Shadow kicking Silver And "It's No Use"

Back