• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Woody Speed revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to equalize your speeds!

So I was watching Toy Story 2 the other day, and when we get to the clímax of the movie, this happens: https://youtu.be/auT8zneIi9A (at 1:50)

Bullseye catches up, and temporarily outspeeds a commercial plane on liftoff. Woody has caught up with Bullseye on various occasions, like here:https://youtu.be/N7uNGUJa7ak (at 0:18)

I will try to calculate it myself, but remember that I'm a newcomer to this sort of stuff...

This what Google said:

An average commercial jet accelerates to between 120 and 140 knots prior to liftoff.

My first issue is that thos is legit the first few seconds prior to actually taking off. Buzz and Bullseye are fairly outspend pretty quickly prior to this. If anything I'd argue this is a possibly for speed ratings.

Should also point out that smaller planes (as this one seems to be, considering the scale of that underside) take off at 55 knots, not 120.

I could agree to "Possibly Superhuman" linking to the video of Bullseye... almost keeping pace with it.

But Bullseye was keeping pace with the plane when it was going at superhuman speeds. He was only outrunned when the plane was goin subsonic.

Didn't RC also catch up to a moving truck in the first film? And yeah, the plane was obviously not going anywhere near full speed in the second film. But I can agree that the toys were surprisingly faster than one would expect. Even the Everything Wrong With series made notes to stuff like that.

Possibly SuperHuman speed makes sense.

Yeah, superhuman seems good. So, something like this?:

Speed: SuperHuman (Comparable to Bullseye who kept up with a plane prior to liftoff. Somewhat comparable to RC who kept up with a truck.)

It'd be this:

Speed: At least Below Average Human (Is slower than humans), possibly SuperHuman (Comparable to Bullseye who kept up with a plane prior to liftoff; somewhat comparable to RC who kept up with a truck)

I mean

reactions would just be Woody's own speed, that is to say, At least Below Average Human, possibly Superhuman

this isn't a case where there needs to be a differentiation between them

Yeah you can add this whenever you like. If you're unsure how just copy/paste my comment above.

Alright, cool. Gonna close this now, many thanks peter griffin chowder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back