• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ups and Downs for Touhou Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon rabbits aren't Lunarians, they're nowhere close in terms of power. Moon rabbits kinda fall into a weird limbo that a lot of other characters are in, where they're obviously a lot stronger than fairies, but there's no way to actually quantify the power gap so they're stuck in 9-B hell.

Doremy's "nightmares" can be questionable but Kaguya's looks like solid enough "as space-time continua" with the scans.

Now everyone scale from Kaguya by fully fighting her. Make sure that gets included when justifying the general strength in the verse profile.

So everything has been accepted? Kinda surprised considering how big of a change this all is but I'm not complaining.

Also, before any editing is done we should probably figure out the specific phrasing that will be used for explaining certain abilities (youkai physics/gravity manip, gods type 4/resurrection, passive fate/probability manip for old characters, etc). We might also need to figure out who exactly is old enough to have passive fate/probability manipulation.

Also, before any editing is done we should probably figure out the specific phrasing that will be used for explaining certain abilities (youkai physics/gravity manip, gods type 4/resurrection, passive fate/probability manip for old characters, etc). We might also need to figure out who exactly is old enough to have passive fate/probability manipulation.
Good idea, maybe someone else can do it cuz I need to sleep rn.

Please remember to carefully read through and follow the instructions in our Common Editing Mistakes page, so no badly structured edits are made, and extensive cleanup work will not be necessary.

If you change the statistics for any characters, also remember to update the tier categories at the bottoms of the profile pages.

Also, when you apply this revision, please insert a link to this thread into the edit summary boxes, so your edits are not mistaken for vandalism.

Doremy's "nightmares" can be questionable but Kaguya's looks like solid enough "as space-time continua" with the scans.

Now everyone scale from Kaguya by fully fighting her. Make sure that gets included when justifying the general strength in the verse profile.
Speaking of which should we include the statement that implied that Kaguya was trying to injure the Scarlet Team due to them not receiving a single injury from Reisen or Eirin? Also some of the scaling comes from Mokou so should we also change the reasoning on profile from "On par with Kaguya and other high tiers" to "Her and Kaguya have fought many times before and exchanged mutual murders"?

Okay, I've done everyone up to Imperishable Night, It's getting late here so I need to go to bed soon. If anyone wants to pick up where I've left off, please feel free to do so, just please check the already completed pages and copy the ability explanations for consistency's sake. If you have an issue with how something is worded, feel free to change it (but make sure it's changed across all pages).

Also, can someone please double check Eirin's page for me? There's a lot there and I wanna be absolutely sure I got everything right.

Also huge shoutout to Ant for putting up with my crappy editing skills.

Why is Eirin's "primordial form" listed as being somehow weaker than her physical manifestation?

In fact, since we're already going full-throttle with this, shouldn't the "primordial forms" of all the gods scale upward from low multiversal or whatever?

Sorry to butt in late here but were really upgrading the entire cast to 2-C based on the statement "Using this time, she can have multiple parallel histories at once."

That statement is completely vague and doesnt even make sense in english and sounds like it was thrown straight into google translate, what is "have" actually supposed to mean and why are we automatically assuming create?... Unless the actual context makes it any better. Im pretty sure this isnt the first time its been brought up either.

Doremys feat should maybe be okay but that doesnt scale to as many characters.

Last edited:
Hi Rethpo, the kanji for the sentence:
その時間を利用すると異なった歴史を複数持つ事が出来るという。
Which accordingly “持つ” would be the specific kanji for have, but can also translate to “to posses or be in charge of“. Take that as you will.

The full context is here https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Kaguya_Houraisan

Not sure im fully understanding the last bit but, its her manipulating small moments in time which are composed of instants (unchanging moments) and acting on them.
Which lets her "have multiple parallel histories" at once.
Think its worth mentioning history in touhou tends to just refer to the events and reality of specific things sometimes from peoples perspectives and this does bring up the perspective of humans as well.
If this is the case then isnt this just more referring to multiple different perceptions of herself due to manipulating countless unchanging moments faster than anybody can percieve?
Her just flat out creating multiple universal timelines on ability that describes nothing like that and at most doing it by hax is a serious stretch even for a possibly rating to me.

Possession or being in charge of something doesnt normally mean much anyway unless its having some kind of physical reality bending power over something.

Last edited:
Why is Eirin's "primordial form" listed as being somehow weaker than her physical manifestation?

In fact, since we're already going full-throttle with this, shouldn't the "primordial forms" of all the gods scale upward from low multiversal or whatever?
I wasn't aware the primordial form ratings were being changed too since they don't scale to the rest of the cast, though I can go back and fix it.

Is the rest of Eirin's page fine? I also wanna apologize for not continuing the edits for so long, sleep/IRL stuff got in the way.

Alright, the new page is already created and linked to the main page. Here's the link to it.
It needs to be revised to be written as a professional matter of fact official information article, without any personal subjective point of view statements. See below for example:

Sorry to butt in late here but were really upgrading the entire cast to 2-C based on the statement "Using this time, she can have multiple parallel histories at once."

That statement is completely vague and doesnt even make sense in english and sounds like it was thrown straight into google translate, what is "have" actually supposed to mean and why are we automatically assuming create?... Unless the actual context makes it any better. Im pretty sure this isnt the first time its been brought up either.

Doremys feat should maybe be okay but that doesnt scale to as many characters.
The full context is here https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Kaguya_Houraisan

Not sure im fully understanding the last bit but, its her manipulating small moments in time which are composed of instants (unchanging moments) and acting on them.
Which lets her "have multiple parallel histories" at once.
Think its worth mentioning history in touhou tends to just refer to the events and reality of specific things sometimes from peoples perspectives and this does bring up the perspective of humans as well.
If this is the case then isnt this just more referring to multiple different perceptions of herself due to manipulating countless unchanging moments faster than anybody can percieve?
Her just flat out creating multiple universal timelines on ability that describes nothing like that and at most doing it by hax is a serious stretch even for a possibly rating to me.

Possession or being in charge of something doesnt normally mean much anyway unless its having some kind of physical reality bending power over something.
So what would you suggest as a solution then?

Well... Low 2-C at least under wiki standards seems pretty straight forward with creating and nullifying infinite space times (even though i find universal for most touhou characters questionable for anti feat reasons but thatd be for another time). So id suggest going for outright low 2-C. At best 2-C could be a possibly rating given just how vague that statement is to assume something like that from it.

Doremy and anybody who scales could still be at least low 2-C, possibly 2-C though

Doremy and anybody who scales could still be at least low 2-C, possibly 2-C though
If we're accepting Doremy's feat as 2-C, basically everyone else who has universal scaling would scale to her, since according to ZUN she's not even a particularly strong youkai, which means tengu, oni, and lunarians would scale above her, which would mean Kaguya scales above, which just wraps back around to the same scaling chain we're currently using, but with extra steps (Doremy < Kaguya = Mokou < IN protagonists).
unknown.png

Didnt doremy used to be 4-A.... And still listed as one of the strongest characters...

If thats the case. Low 2-C possibly 2-C for everyone should work better for them.

Last edited:
Didnt doremy used to be 4-A....
Yeah, and Cirno used to be 6-C. Just because this verse had old tiers doesn't mean they're accurate anymore.
If thats the case. Low 2-C possibly 2-C for everyone should work better for them.
I would be fine with this, but I'll wait and see what everyone else has to say. I personally think flat 2-C should stay since most characters would upscale from Doremy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back