• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ups and Downs for Touhou Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it seems more likely Akyuu got her information regarding the Netherworld from Eiki. Now, if you honestly think Eiki Shiki of all people was lying about something, you clearly don't know enough about touhou to be able to participate in this thread.

Okay I'll shut up for real this time

Can this be scan for Akyuu and her experience with netherworld ?

This is even said by Akyuu herself even in death she still working... in netherworld with Yama

unknown.png

This is from Perfect Memento in Strict Sense.

That's fine, though I would still like to see actual scans proving me wrong instead of circular logic and baseless assumptions.
Since the statement itself relies on a 50/50 interpretation would a rating such as 4-A (Tenshi's dream world self shakes the heavens), likely 3-B (stated that she was going to destroy heaven in a short amount of time and heaven houses multiple galaxies as seen in antinomy of common flowers), possibly high 3-A (it is said the netherworld is larger than hell which is infinite and heaven is larger than the netherworld) be adequate for now until the next crt?

Last edited:
Ehhhh

Given that Miko's corridor absorption was rejected on the basis of being a possible outlier, and we now have another clear high 3-A feat to back it up, I think returning to high 3-A, possibly low 2-C would work best. That's not even including Sagume's occult ball creation. As it stands, I think high universal/universal+ is consistent enough to be used, especially given we have less feats to work with for other possible tiers. Maybe large planet level from Senkai creation and iirc there's a statement that Lunarians are casually planet level, but that'd be ignoring a whole bunch of cosmic feats.

Again, if she got this information second hand from an unreliable source, prove it. You bring me a statement from Akyuu that's questionable or outright wrong, and 9 times out of 10 there will be some context for why that information is wrong. But in this case... her statement is the context. We don't know where she got this from, how other characters perceive the sizes of these otherworlds (except for hell, that one should be obvious), or who would even benefit from lying about this. We cannot make assumptions like this without some sort of precedent in place, otherwise discussions about the verse would just devolve into increasingly wild interpretations of mundane statements. If she's wrong, or lying, or speculating, or being misled, prove it. But you won't because that evidence literally does not exist. Stop trying to conjure evidence out of thin air.
What are you talking about? What assumptions? Im not bringing up any of akyuus questionable statements. Youre getting the debates mixed up man. Im talking about direct statements here. "It is said" is a direct quote from her that literally means its something shes heard and by basic english shes talking about whats commonly said (and likely been passed onto her) and is left clearly vague. She clearly hasnt properly verified the information enough to have said that its outright bigger. Its not this complicated.

If we do say it was told by someone like yama (who yeah wouldnt have a reason to lie). Again, more likely referring to former hell. And not yknow, comparing a 3D space to a collection of space times. Ill quote my argument again since you havent looked.

The context actually makes more sense with the original hell from proms reasoning that its expanding to avoid the original migration hell went through. But while the concept of former hell was never brought up at that point... neither were things like avici. Hecatia straight up calls the hells different hells herself and not just parts of hell (in visionary varies, cant link it for some reason), so touhou clearly treats them as separate. As if theyd suddenly start refering to it as a non plural. Not to mention it was on rumors. It was only "said" that the netherworld was larger than hell. There was no certainty in the statement

On top of that it makes no sense at all for the netherworld to need more space than something like current hell which needs countless otherworlds. Even committing one sin lands you in some version of hell and the netherworld is for the guiltless who have committed no sin and are borderline ascending to nirvana. Even in touhous logic, why would they need more space than hell when they deal with nowhere near as many souls?

The idea that "its the only quote we have so we should accept it even if its vague" is literally argument from belief. The statement was blatantly said with uncertainty and burden is on you right now to prove that the statement is in any way reliable or if it actually to every single hell collectively.

Also yeah... Yuyuko would have no reason to lie about the netherworlds size if she were telling akyuu.

Characters in Touhou do not lie for no reason
They do lie, in order to make themselves look good.

if Yuyuko was lying about the Netherworld's size, why? Who does this benefit? We don't even know where she got this information to begin with.
To make herself look good, she just made up the Netherworld's size.

You cannot make claims like this without evidence to back them up.
The evidence being the general personalities of 2hus.

Yeah, it seems more likely Akyuu got her information regarding the Netherworld from Eiki. Now, if you honestly think Eiki Shiki of all people was lying about something, you clearly don't know enough about touhou to be able to participate in this thread.
"The Yama" doesn't necessarily mean Eiki Shiki. And we don't even know if a Yama said anything to her about the relative size ratios between the Netherworld and Hell to begin with. For all we know, it could just be the ghost of a random farmer who said that he heard a guy who heard a guy who said that the Netherworld was bigger than Hell.

One more thing before I temporarily retire this topic. Earlier Malomtek proposed that Yuyuko could've been lying to Akyuu about the Netherworld's size in order to make herself look good. The issue with this is that in SWR, Yuyuko outright admits Heaven is larger than the Netherworld. It would be a very strange inconsistency for her to admit one Otherworld is larger than her own in one instance, but lie about it in another instance.
unknown.png
Because to say "heaven is smaller than the netherworld" would just seem blasphemous to Yuyuko at that point.

Any proof ? Why you said like You're character in Forbidden Scrollery and know everything well more than " The Writer " ?

Seriously mate Debating with you so Pointless
Can you please fix your English?

Ehhhh

Given that Miko's corridor absorption was rejected on the basis of being a possible outlier, and we now have another clear high 3-A feat to back it up, I think returning to high 3-A, possibly low 2-C would work best. That's not even including Sagume's occult ball creation. As it stands, I think high universal/universal+ is consistent enough to be used, especially given we have less feats to work with for other possible tiers. Maybe large planet level from Senkai creation and iirc there's a statement that Lunarians are casually planet level, but that'd be ignoring a whole bunch of cosmic feats.
Nope.

Low 2-C Touhou is wank and wrong. Miko absorbed a finite-but-unbounded corridor that merely loops "infinitely". Sagume's occult ball stuff doesn't count for various reasons I've already explained.

Im fine with high universal remaining as a "possibly" rating. Though it should mention something more like "it is said the netherworld is larger than hell, which if referring to the current collection of hells would make it larger than avici which is infinite in size) so theres better context.

I... am not sure if low 2-C stands on much at all really

@Malomtek Nothing about the netherworld being larger would make eiki or yuyuko look good or benefit her even if it did... blashpemous to yuyuko? What?
General personalities? You even know how diverse the characters are? People dont just lie out of the blue for no reason most of the time anyway.
Eiki is the main yama centered on in the series. Theres no other named yama

Could you just stop this? Literally everything youre using is baseless headcannon with random shots and making the thread ten times harder than it needs to be.

To make herself look good, she just made up the Netherworld's size.

The evidence being the general personalities of 2hus.

"The Yama" doesn't necessarily mean Eiki Shiki. And we don't even know if a Yama said anything to her about the relative size ratios between the Netherworld and Hell to begin with. For all we know, it could just be the ghost of a random farmer who said that he heard a guy who heard a guy who said that the Netherworld was bigger than Hell.

Because to say "heaven is smaller than the netherworld" would just seem blasphemous to Yuyuko at that point.

Can you please fix your English?

Nope.

Low 2-C Touhou is wank and wrong. Miko absorbed a finite-but-unbounded corridor that merely loops "infinitely". Sagume's occult ball stuff doesn't count for various reasons I've already explained.

The akyuu's staff I just send is for refute you

You're don't remember what you said mate ?

Akyuu is dumb

Akyuu could just be sourcing her claims

Wank ? before you're said this Where the Scans ?

Where the evidence !?

Where anything to prove your word You're right yet ?

@Malomtek Nothing about the netherworld being larger would make eiki or yuyuko look good or benefit her even if it did... blashpemous to yuyuko? What?
General personalities? You even know how diverse the characters are? People dont just lie out of the blue most of the time anyway.
Eiki is the main yama centered on in the series.

Could you just stop this? Literally everything youre using is baseless headcannon with random shots and making the thread ten times harder than it needs to be.
Plus Shiki's jurisdiction is gensokyo lol

@Malomtek Nothing about the netherworld being larger would make eiki look good or benefit her even if it did.
I very explicitly said: '"The Yama" doesn't necessarily mean Eiki Shiki. And we don't even know if a Yama said anything to her about the relative size ratios between the Netherworld and Hell to begin with. For all we know, it could just be the ghost of a random farmer who said that he heard a guy who heard a guy who said that the Netherworld was bigger than Hell.'

General personalities? You even know how diverse the characters are? People dont just lie out of the blue most of the time anyway.
I also know that Gensokyo is a leading source of self-reporting hyperbole, so I guess making up false claims to make yourself look good is the general "culture" there.

Eiki is the main yama centered on in the series.
Yeah, and? Are there no other Yamas in Gensokyo alone, let alone Touhou as a whole?

Could you just stop this? Literally everything youre using is headcannon and making the thread ten times harder.
Why would I stop posting what I believe is right? What I'm posting is no mere "headcanon" either, but solid reasoning based on what has been established in the Touhouverse already.

How the hell she's gonna lie !? When the person who give her permission to live is directly from Who work in netherworld

If you're going to argue about someone lying, you need to prove it, it would be otherwise in IRL, as we need proofs of the validity of claims IRL, but that does not apply to a character stating something, as most of times, it is simply the author giving us informations using the characters

I very explicitly said: '"The Yama" doesn't necessarily mean Eiki Shiki. And we don't even know if a Yama said anything to her about the relative size ratios between the Netherworld and Hell to begin with. For all we know, it could just be the ghost of a random farmer who said that he heard a guy who heard a guy who said that the Netherworld was bigger than Hell.'

I also know that Gensokyo is a leading source of self-reporting hyperbole, so I guess making up false claims to make yourself look good is the general "culture" there.

Yeah, and? Are there no other Yamas in Gensokyo alone, let alone Touhou as a whole?

Why would I stop posting what I believe is right? What I'm posting is no mere "headcanon" either, but solid reasoning based on what has been established in the Touhouverse already.

Believe is right ? or I'll ignore every single thing you gave me cuz I think I'm right ?

We need your SCANS to prove what you said Do you understand ?

I am currently leaning towards agreeing with the side that does not agree with Malomtek, but Promestein is considerably better at evaluating this than I am.

If you're going to argue about someone lying, you need to prove it, it would be otherwise in IRL, as we need proofs of the validity of claims IRL, but that does not apply to a character stating something, as most of times, it is simply the author giving us informations using the characters

Look from your profile You might have a lot experience

Pls help us Ma'am , Multiple Debater is encountering with Single Ignorance debater
Who just keep debating without any scans or anything to prove what he said
We gave him a lot of SCANS to prove what we said, But Him ? Type only No Scans or anything to prove his words

Yknow thats mostly tengu right?
Shes literally the only yama shown and has an important role. The yama shouldnt mean anything else.
Because youre digging a hole and making the whole thing a thousand times more complicated than it needs to be with "what ifs" to practically derail. Youre not trying to make things right by story or lore. You blatantly just want to find a way to make them lower.

We were literally just told to save this shit for when Prom got back, but I'll make one last response and then can we just not bring it up until then?
What are you talking about? What assumptions? Im not bringing up any of akyuus questionable statements. Youre getting the debates mixed up man. Im talking about direct statements here. "It is said" is a direct quote from her that literally means its something shes heard and by basic english shes talking about whats commonly said (and likely been passed onto her) and is left clearly vague. She clearly hasnt properly verified the information enough to have said that its outright bigger. Its not this complicated.
Doesn't matter how many times I point out I'm not a man, apparently, it'll just keep happening anyways
You can't use 'it is said' as definitive proof that she's wrong and then say it's 'clearly vague'. Pick a side, is it proof that she's wrong or is it vague?
The idea that "its the only quote we have so we should accept it even if its vague" is literally argument from belief. The statement was blatantly said with uncertainty and burden is on you right now to prove that the statement is in any way reliable or if it actually to every single hell collectively.
Do you actually know what argument from belief means? This isn't my opinion, this is a statement from a canon source. And I've already given evidence that she wasn't referring to Former Hell, what else do you need? Unless you wanna assume ZUN is a time traveler.
If we do say it was told by someone like yama (who yeah wouldnt have a reason to lie). Again, more likely referring to former hell. And not yknow, comparing a 3D space to a collection of space times. Ill quote my argument again since you havent looked.

On top of that it makes no sense at all for the netherworld to need more space than something like current hell which needs countless otherworlds. Even committing one sin lands you in some version of hell and the netherworld is for the guiltless who have committed no sin and are borderline ascending to nirvana. Even in touhous logic, why would they need more space than hell when they deal with nowhere near as many souls?
If they're both effectively infinite, it doesn't really matter. Yes, one is infinite to a higher degree than the other, and that's stupid, but they're both now capable of holding an infinite number of souls, which was the point of enlarging them to begin with. And again, why would someone be referring to a concept that hadn't even been written into canon yet? You can't just argue these characters have knowledge exceeding that of the writer.
Yes, but not literally every single character. You're extrapolating a concept that is true for some characters onto every single character in the verse, which is absurd.
In this case it does, as Eiki is explicitly stated to be Gensokyo's Yama. It's also canon that maidens of miare work extremely closely with the Yama, so Eiki is currently our best guess as to who gave Akyuu this information.
Literally what the hell does this mean? Are you implying Yuyuko is so deeply religious that speaking ill of Heaven in any context is forbidden so she lies about its actual size? That's one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen, try not to hurt your back.
Nope.

Im fine with high universal remaining as a "possibly" rating. Though it should mention something more like "it is said the netherworld is larger than hell, which if referring to the current collection of hells would make it larger than avici which is infinite in size) so theres better context.

I... am not sure if low 2-C stands on much at all really
Low 2-C comes from Miko's corridor absorption, which absorbed infinite space. Given the way the corridor is described and the interconnected nature of space and time in touhou, it could easily be argued to be low 2-C, though since it'd be the only low 2-C feat we have, it would remain as a 'possibly' rating.

Okay, now that that's over with, can we please move on from this topic until Promestein responds? We already have Ant disagreeing with Malomtek, which is nice, but we should still wait for other staff members.

That first ones a strawman... i literally never used it as definitive proof that shes wrong. Just that she got the information from what shes heard from others.

Ill wait for now. Although, i do agree that a statement like akyuus would normally be somewhat useable (forgetting about whatever hell it scales to) under authors intent. But her being clearly uncertain about it and touhou leaving stuff vague on purpose all the time for fans to speculate makes that argument a little questionable.

I'll just wait for @Promestein at this point after this response.

Pls help us Ma'am , Multiple Debater is encountering with Single Ignorance debater
@Antvasima can you warn this guy? I don't have time to look at his borderline illegible rants against me.

Because youre digging a hole and making the whole thing a thousand times more complicated than it needs to be with "what ifs" to practically derail. Youre not trying to make things seem right. You blatantly just want to find a way to make them lower.
No, I'm just arguing for the side I think is right, and your appeals to motive will not change that.

Shit, I'm the reason this thread even vaguely approaches an actual discussion, instead of a rubberstamp circlejerk. I'm the one who tagged Prom to this thread as well.

Yes, but not literally every single character. You're extrapolating a concept that is true for some characters onto every single character in the verse, which is absurd.
I wasn't extrapolating it to every single Touhou character. I was speaking of characters in Touhou generally, meaning most of the (named) residents of Gensokyo. I honestly should have specified that, but oh well.

In this case it does, as Eiki is explicitly stated to be Gensokyo's Yama. It's also canon that maidens of miare work extremely closely with the Yama, so Eiki is currently our best guess as to who gave Akyuu this information.
If Eiki in particular gave Akyuu the info, she wouldn't have written "it is said", but instead "the Yama told me". The fact that she didn't instead write "the Yama told me" or anything to that effect speaks volumes on the essential veracity of the information involved.

Low 2-C comes from Miko's corridor absorption, which absorbed infinite space. Given the way the corridor is described and the interconnected nature of space and time in touhou, it could easily be argued to be low 2-C, though since it'd be the only low 2-C feat we have, it would remain as a 'possibly' rating.
Again, Miko absorbed a finite-but-unbounded corridor that merely loops "infinitely". The corridor itself isn't infinite, and even if it was, that would only be weird spacetime absorption powers for Miko that doesn't scale to her raw power in any way.

I'll just wait for @Promestein at this point after this response.

@Antvasima can you warn this guy? I don't have time to look at his borderline illegible rants against me.

No, I'm just arguing for the side I think is right, and your appeals to motive will not change that.

Shit, I'm the reason this thread is an actual discussion, instead of a rubberstamp circlejerk. I'm the one who tagged Prom to this thread as well.

I wasn't extrapolating it to every single Touhou character. I was speaking of characters in Touhou generally, meaning most of the (named) residents of Gensokyo. I honestly should have specified that, but oh well.

If Eiki in particular gave Akyuu the info, she wouldn't have written "it is said", but instead "the Yama told me". The fact that she didn't instead write "the Yama told me" or anything to that effect speaks volumes on the essential veracity of the information involved.

Again, Miko absorbed a finite-but-unbounded corridor that merely loops "infinitely". The corridor itself isn't infinite, and even if it was, that would only be weird spacetime absorption powers for Miko that doesn't scale to her raw power in any way.

Again Any SCANS !? for what you're just said ?

You know, there isn't really a point in debating you anymore. If you want to make certain claims, fine, don't let me stop you, but unless you provide actual scans, I'm not going to engage. I value my time too much, and I recommend everyone else do the same.

If Malom is gonna cough up the same arguments he has for the Akyuu stuff and refuse to provide any evidence that proves his arguments, then we should just move on and address his other points. It's tiring to see everyone else get riled up by this.
nvm mokou beat me to it ****

Again Any SCANS !? for what you're just said ?
You know, there isn't really a point in debating you anymore. If you want to make certain claims, fine, don't let me stop you, but unless you provide actual scans, I'm not going to engage. I value my time too much, and I recommend everyone else do the same.
If Malom is gonna cough up the same arguments he has for the Akyuu stuff and refuse to provide any evidence that proves his arguments, then we should just move on and address his other points. It's tiring to see everyone else get riled up by this.
nvm mokou beat me to it ****
I don't need to bring up scans when none of you three have brought up any scans for, say, Eiki, in particular, specifically talking about the size differences between the Netherworld and Hell to Akyuu.

This attempt to build an echo chamber just proves you're all debating in bad faith, really.

Well, it seems me, Shmooply, and Pixy are all unanimous in ignoring you if you don't post scans, so scream into the void all you want.

Or you could, y'know, post scans. Your choice.

here why

unknown.png

don't talk about in Touhou Visionary fairies
Reimu go visit Eiki with Komachi for asking her about who use hell fairy in Gensokyo
unknown.png

I don't need to bring up scans when none of you three have brought up any scans for, say, Eiki, in particular, specifically talking about the size differences between the Netherworld and Hell to Akyuu.

This attempt to build an echo chamber just proves you're all debating in bad faith, really.

Excuse me stuff pls let me say this

What the F_ck !? what about many ten pics and scans that almost reach hundred to Prove what we said ? What about many hundred comment in this thread !?
What about our debate that reach Page 8th !?

WTF is wrong with you !? You make our debate so Pointless. You're the only one that not give us the scans !!
And WTF is this !?

W-what... no... a vague and unreliable statement doesnt take priority over what makes actual sense... even in touhous own form of logic... what? Legit, why would they even referr to every single otherworld at once as a collective? The context actually makes more sense with the original hell from proms reasoning that its expanding to avoid the original migration hell went through. But while the concept of former hell was never brought up at that point... neither were things like avici. Hecatia straight up calls the hells different hells herself and not just parts of hell (in visionary varies, cant link it for some reason), so touhou clearly treats them as separate. As if theyd suddenly start refering to it as a non plural. Not to mention it was on rumors. It was only "said" that the netherworld was larger than hell. There was no certainty in the statement
They aren't totally a collective, but still are essentially the same.
We know that because all of them are separated from the Outside World, as said here:
But putting that aside, I have an amazing power. Since ancient times, members of my family have had a sort of spiritual sensitivity...

I can see the unreachable spaces of the world - that is, I can see boundaries. The true objective of our club is to seek out the gaps of the boundaries, places where you can dive into another world. I guess you'd call it "spiriting away"?
And Touhou follows quantum physics to say that the verse itself is at least a quantic multiverse. We can know this due to what it's stated here:
Merry said that she'd recently started to see multiple worlds at the same time. According to her, all people are seeing slightly different worlds. Particularly interesting was that despite this, they can apparently still communicate with each other.
Merry said she saw a cat at a shrine.
However, the cat never caught anyone's attention and freely passed through objects.
Merry knew what it was at once. It was a youkai cat, she said, lurking within quantum gaps.
"Huh, a quantumly-unobservable cat...
Until it's observed, it's both alive and dead.
Just like Schrödinger's Cat."
"Although since I observed it, that determined it was alive."
And it's also stated that they are brane worlds:
"So as I was thinking, 'where did the youkai disappear to?', I became able to see it. A world where youkai live even now."
"Perhaps that could be another brane world..."
"Another what?"
"Oh, just one of the worlds only physicists can see."
Perhaps Merry is seeing one of those brane worlds.
And we have this:
Those sights weren't just beautiful, but natural too.
They were all hidden in the invisible gaps of the quantum world.
My major is relative psychology.
Renko's is super unified physics. I wonder how her recent studies of strings are coming along?
So actually, it would be logic to say that, generally speaking, each otherworld is equal to the other.
Perhaps the thing with the physical "boundaries" of each one could be similar to GoW: the physical realms of Yggdrassil are of the same size of the real countries, but the reality that holds them within it it's a whole universe. In this case, the physical place within each world could be "limited", but the reality within it not.

Also, as off-topic, I would really recommend both Pixy and Mokou to calm down and don't go to the words. I know keeping with the same topic again and again could be tedious, but that's not an excuse to directly attack the one you are discussing. You are gaining nothing but cause everyone to look bad at you in comparison to the other, or also, to make youselves look desperate.

Well, it seems me, Shmooply, and Pixy are all unanimous in ignoring you if you don't post scans, so scream into the void all you want.
Unfortunately for you, you three don't decide how threads are run in VBW.

That doesn't counter anything I've said previously.

don't talk about in Touhou Visionary fairies
Reimu go visit Eiki with Komachi for asking her about who use hell fairy in Gensokyo
unknown.png
That doesn't prove that Shiki Eiki once specifically discussed otherworld size differences with Akyuu.

Not enough.

And wait, where are we getting the "it's said that the Netherworld today is larger than Hell" statement from? Because I've just checked, and Saikou's 2hu explanation blog says that the quote comes from Yuyuko's Perfect Memento in Strict Sense profile, and not anyone particularly connected to the Yama. Which means that this is all just an in-universe rumor, and not even a statement from a supposedly "knowledgeable" character.

Excuse me stuff pls let me say this

What the F_ck !? what about many ten pics and scans that almost reach hundred to Prove what we said ? What about many hundred comment in this thread !?
What about our debate that reach Page 8th !?

WTF is wrong with you !? You make our debate so Pointless. You're the only one that not give us the scans !!
And WTF is this !?
I'm asking you to calm down, please. Even @Hecatia_Gaming is telling you the same, and he/she certainly doesn't like me either.

Good to know. That'd get Touhou in the top 3 fastest finite speed characters on the wiki.
This is assuming the scientific, in-real life definition though, I thought you didn't agree with it ;)

Yeah its a pretty big buff from where they were. The MFTL+ Touhou calcs were just in the millions-billions FTL range I think since its simply "flying across stars in seconds".

Fair, fair. So for Kaguya's speed feat, we have two ends:

1. Femtoseconds. This is mentioned directly within the series. Its prolly only thousands FTL I think, based on what RethPo said.

2. Planck instant. Based on Latency song name and the irl scientific definition of the word "Instant", which is basically a time interval thats "infinitesimal", which also happens to be "the closest to zero". Planck instant is basically the smallest possible timeframe before zero so this makes sense.

For this, I'd honestly go with Option 2. Sure, femtosecond might seem more reliable as the actual in-series statement, but Planck instant matches the actual definition of the word instant (As I've mentioned in a previous post).

Fair, fair. So for Kaguya's speed feat, we have two ends:

1. Femtoseconds. This is mentioned directly within the series. Its prolly only thousands FTL I think, based on what RethPo said.

2. Planck instant. Based on Latency song name and the irl scientific definition of the word "Instant", which is basically a time interval thats "infinitesimal", which also happens to be "the closest to zero". Planck instant is basically the smallest possible timeframe before zero so this makes sense.

For this, I'd honestly go with Option 2. Sure, femtosecond might seem more reliable as the actual in-series statement, but Planck instant matches the actual definition of the word instant (As I've mentioned in a previous post).
Why are we going with what "sounds better" than what has actually been described in the series? That's the exact kind of headcanon-y wishful thinking nonsense the Touhou supporters in this thread have been accusing me of making. This is especially pertinent when people like @FujiwaraYesMokou have openly admitted their support for this purely because they want Touhou upgrades, i.e. pushing their agenda.

A better way would be to discern the general range of Kaguya's femtosecond whatever, and derive the speeds from there.

I find the femtosecond thing questionable given it's referring to something I seriously doubt a character in a series where even things like DNA are hardly understood would know the exact amount of time a femtosecond is. And aren't you the one who's insistent that characters are likely to be lying all the time, therefore we can't take their word? Seems weird for you to suddenly stop believing that when it comes time to 'debunk' a potential upgrade, huh?

Second of all, my desire for Touhou to be upgraded has nothing to do with this. I could just as easily argue that you're 'pushing an agenda' given how you've outright rejected even basic statements on the cosmology and have previously even gone so far as to argue against word of god.

Finally, what range are you even talking about? We have femtosecond timing and planck timing, are you suggesting we just pick the option that's the exact midpoint between them?

I find the femtosecond thing questionable given it's referring to something I seriously doubt a character in a series where even things like DNA are hardly understood would know the exact amount of time a femtosecond is.
One character barely knowing what DNA is does not mean that another character wouldn't know what a "femtosecond" is.

How could one even say something as specific and non-general "femtosecond" without knowing what it is in the first place?

And aren't you the one who's insistent that characters are likely to be lying all the time, therefore we can't take their word? Seems weird for you to suddenly stop believing that when it comes time to 'debunk' a potential upgrade, huh?
I'm saying that the average Gensokyo resident generally lies and makes up hyperbolic claims about themselves to make themselves look good. If I remember correctly, the character who made that "femtosecond" statement was not a native Gensokyan, and there's no particular benefit or reason for her to be lying on a matter this esoteric in any case.

Second of all, my desire for Touhou to be upgraded has nothing to do with this.
Don't lie this blatantly, especially not to me. The main purpose of this thread a few pages in (and before I stepped in) was to rubberstamp the most absurd Touhou upgrades, upgrades you have been and still are clearly in favor of. Your desire for Touhou to be upgraded has everything to do with this.

Finally, what range are you even talking about? We have femtosecond timing and planck timing, are you suggesting we just pick the option that's the exact midpoint between them?
I'm talking about the distances in which Kaguya can effectively use her femtosecond time magic bullshit, and the speed calcs (think: speed = distance/[one femtosecond]) that can be done with that.

Here's an example of "femtosecond speed" calcs I just made up for Kaguya right now, based solely on her "range" stat in her current profile (of course ignoring the already-debunked "multiple timelines" nonsense).

Range: At least Tens of Meters with Danmaku (Her firing range should be comparable to Sakuya's, who can throw knives at least 36 meters), Planetary with Eternity Manipulation (Broke the eternal night in Imperishable Night, which stopped the Moon from setting)

36 meters / 10^-15 = 3.6e+16 m/s = 120,083,074.271 times the speed of light
12,742,000 meters (Earth's diameter) / 10^-15 = 1.2742e+22 m/s = 4.2502737e+13 times the speed of light

Hefty speeds for sure, but not anything special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back