• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some thoughts on Erazor Djinn.

I know this seems weird, making a revision on a nothing character like this, but there are some things in Secret Rings that might be able to give Erazor a buff of some sort.

So, long ago, before the events of the game, Erazor was being a dick. So they sealed him in a lamp until he granted 1000 wishes, at which point he hated people so much he decided to do something. So he, as stated numerous times, began absorbing the energy of the world of the Arabian Nights itself. The Arabian Nights has its own cosmology, with a starry sky and everything, so it should be at least MSS sized, maybe universe-sized at highest. They also explicitly state Erazor was absorbing the world's energy into himself to grow stronger. This would also include Night Palace, which contains an entire dimension within itself, separate from the Arabian Nights.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.23.12 PM

It's also stated that by the time Sonic fights him, Erazor had already drained half of the stories of the Arabian Nights, separate from Alf Layla Wa Layla's turning the world into a void. Also, Erazor is ultimately the one who restores the Arabian Nights from this state of half-existence in the endgame.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.28.22 PM

There's also the existence of King Shahryar in this world. Shahryar is stated to have created the Arabian Nights world in its entirety:

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 3.31.08 PM

"At some point in the past, Shahryar created the Arabian Nights, and came to be the main character in the Arabian Nights storybook."

Now, it's never stated how Shahryar made the Arabian Nights, it could have been made with non-scaleable magic or something. But nothing really indicates that in the game. This is important because Shahryar is treated as a joke character who means nothing to Erazor, as Erazor simply summons a simple minion to drag him off.

So, basically Erazor could be higher than where he is via:

-Absorbing half the energy of the Arabian Nights Dimension

-Restoring half the energy of the Arabian Nights Dimension while weakened to some degree

-Being superior to King Shahryar who created the Arabian Nights

Whether this would apply to Sonic and friends, I'm not sure. But something for Erazor seems plausible.

I doubt it. Vs Battle Wiki has a problem of ignoring what some random person says, but at the same time, if someone that has "credibility" says the exact same thing, they will start discussing it.

Figured I’d bring this up again in spite of the Necro because it’s kind of interesting.

Erazor is already known for his absorption, and it’s on his profile. It’s also an in-story important element how Erazor is being amplified by the energy that he has absorbed, with the Arabian Nights being treated as a universe.

With that in mind, Erazor absorbed half of the book’s contents, ergo absorbing half of the essence of the Arabian Nights and harvesting that energy for himself in his base form, and Sonic defeated him (not related to the whole Alf-Layla thing).

Erazor also restores the Nights at the end, with all the energy used to restore the Nights coming from Erazor himself, which shows that he was using the Arabian Nights energy to amp himself.

With that in mind, is it significant? I assumed it would be something like Multi-Galaxy level, with Erazor absorbing half a universe as his own, but that would be a pretty big outlier for Base Sonic. So, should it just be discarded, or should Erazor get a “higher with absorption” for his AP? I’m not sure.

Ik it’s a necro, I made it.
I just wanted to know how viable of a feat this is for AP.
To clarify, Erazor absorbs half the contents of the Arabian Nights world, then restored it at the end by his own power.

You realize that I was trolling by calling it a necro right? You said it was a necro yourself lol

If this does get accepted and if I am correct, Erazor would possibly get “higher with absorption” for his AP.

Yeah I guess something related to his absorption should be added to his AP, especially when it’s said in the story that half the pages were already harvested by the time of the Ifrit Golem fight.
But this is way before his fight with Sonic, so maybe Erazor should be changed to “Unknown in base, Low 4-C with absorbed energy”
Or just take it at face value that Erazor absorbed the energy of half the Arabian Nights essence, whatever that might be.

Honestly, I don't think this means anything except hax, afterall he only actualy destroyed the Arabian Nights with all rings, and even after Darkspine restored the universe he still needed Erazor to restore the plot, so destroying the "pages" is not the same as physically destroying it

I thought that too, but Erazor was seemingly absorbing energy with all the words he had taken as per the plot of the game.
So at the very least his original power is not the same as his power after he absorbed the pages.
Erazor also didn’t have all the rings and Sonic could restore all of Erazor’s damage with just three.

? Alf Wa whatever is definitvely low 2-C, I was talking about that when I said "all rings", I just had forgotten about that small detail, even then I still stand by the point that absorbing the story being different from AP

The game scans are a little bit up:

That said, I feel like Erazor still kind of needs a change regardless, since he only fights evenly with Base Sonic after absorbing a lot of the contents of the Arabian Nights.

Basically
-Erazor had already absorbed or harvested significant portions of the Arabian Nights, and that was revealed to be half of it during the Ifrit Golem fight.
-The story explains Erazor is harvesting the AN energy to gain enough power to escape the story and wreak havoc on Sonic’s world.

So, one of two options I guess.
Either take this as legitimately Erazor absorbing and restoring half the Arabian Nights universe in base form and scale Sonic to that for defeating Base Erazor.

Or change Erazor’s current statistics to say “Unknown in base, Low 4-C after harvesting Arabian Nights Energy”, since Erazor only battles Sonic directly after absorbing energy over a long period of time.

Back