• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some thoughts on Erazor Djinn.

So, one of two options I guess.
Either take this as legitimately Erazor absorbing and restoring half the Arabian Nights universe in base form and scale Sonic to that for defeating Base Erazor.

Or change Erazor’s current statistics to say “Unknown in base, Low 4-C after harvesting Arabian Nights Energy”, since Erazor only battles Sonic directly after absorbing energy over a long period of time.
Option 2 sounds like a much better option, since Option 1 is 3-B

Should note that since Erazor was using Sonic to gain the world rings (including sacrificing him to the world rings). It’s unlikely he’d use his full strength against him

Option 2 definitely seems like the approach to go. Option 1 is like 3x baseline 3-B, and would be an outlier for Base Sonic. So I think Option 2 works best.

If Option 2 does go through then, perhaps there should be a note saying "Do not try to scale Erazor to 3-B via harvesting/restoring half of the energy of the Arabian Nights due to it being an outlier for Base Sonic to defeat him"

I should also note that Erazor scales above King Shahryar, who created the Arabian Nights through unknown means.

I think Unknown for Djinn’s base is fine. I’m neutral on the Text being the energy of the universe but I would say that in the final boss fight Djinn can use the Text directly as a energy blast

They do kind of note that the text itself is the essence of the Arabian Nights, and that Erazor is physically powering himself up with said energy throughout the game. So idk.

Yeah, that doesn't mean he is being powered up by actual galaxies and stuff, but only that the plot can make him stronger

I recall Erazor's harvesting of the energy was actually erasing the Nights themselves from existence (which is used when discussing Alf-Layla's statistics). So his actions are, to some extent, erasing the cosmology.

Alf-Layla's feat is complete different, as seen by the fact that Darkspine can only restore the actual universe, and needs to wish for Erazor to restore the plot and text

Is it even clear that Darkspine restored the whole universe, rather than just the parts Alf-Layla erased.

I'd also kinda like to talk about Darkspine's MFTL rating and how it doesn't really have a source but maybe that's for another CRT.

Yes it is, Alf-Laya erased everything, no matter how far you walk in his boss fight everything is still destroyed, ABD Darkspine restored everything, that's why he even is tier 2 in the first place

Fair enough. Still, Erazor is being amped by the energy he harvests, that's the plot of the game. And the Nights themselves were disappearing as a result, so the two are probably correlated.

So I guess changes to be made:

-Change Base Erazor stats to “Unknown, Low 4-C with absorbed Arabian Nights energy”. Speed can I guess remain the same or go to “Unknown, FTL with absorbed energy”

-Maybe give Erazor plot manipulation?

-Change Darkspine and Alf-Layla speeds to match Excalibur Sonic

Apparently it was just cuz of timeless void stuff that got revised.
So now Darkspine should just be on the same level as Excalibur in speed

To be sure, this isn’t a tier/stat change but a Stat justification, leading higher in the tier, right?

To clarify some of the things discussed uh:

-Change Base Erazor stats to “Unknown, Low 4-C with absorbed Arabian Nights energy”. Speed can I guess remain the same or go to “Unknown, FTL with absorbed energy”

-Maybe give Erazor plot manipulation?

-Change Darkspine and Alf-Layla speeds to match Excalibur Sonic.

Although we don't see a lot of Erazor prior to him absorbing half the book's contents during the Ifrit Golem fight so it could be argued the first point is a bit redundant.

I agree

Considering this thread has been open for 2 years, remain uncontroversial, with no staff feeling the need to add input during all that time aside from myself, I’d say you are good to go.

As long as you included scans and links 🙏

Ah. Hold off on Plot Manipulation if you don't mind please, that's actually gonna be tackled fully in-depth in an upcoming CRT alongside other abilities for Erazor.

Back