• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Saint Seiya Insight

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So I'm interseted in SS now and I want to try it out, however I'm the type of person who likes to know the characters and plot before I see the series. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Basically, in ancient times, chosen ones would fight for the goddess Athena. These people are Saints. Due to Ailos saving the incarnation of Athena being a misunderstanding, a man named Gemini Saga seized power and started pulling the strings to get the Gold Cloth Ailos had. Meet Seiya, the kid who was the most loyal to the incarnation. Seiya would slowly go from the ranks of Silver Saint to Gold Saint tier.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I been trying to get in to it as well which is better the anime or manga?
it goes on and off for both

Overall, the anime is better

But a lot of the filler is terrible

The Manga has better feats

@Dragon

Seiya is a meh character, he is like a slightly smarter Goku

Dragonmasterxyz said:
so pretty much your average shonen hero.
He is smarter and less stupid then them booksmarts wise, but he is less combatitively smart.

FanofRPGs said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
I been trying to get in to it as well which is better the anime or manga?
it goes on and off for both
Overall, the anime is better

But a lot of the filler is terrible

The Manga has better feats

@Dragon

Seiya is a meh character, he is like a slightly smarter Goku
Oh i just wanted to know cause i tried to get into the anime but i just couldnt get into it i dont know if it's the old artstyle or maybe its because it seems slow to me but idk maybe i will continue it sometime.

I have experienced the same lackluster once faced with the series despite my eagerness to get into it. Indeed, I didn't get past one episode.

I managed to get through episode 3 but the artstyle and pacing kind of turned me away. I want to get into it....

Watch / Read Lost Canvas.

It's good. You will enjoy it a lot.

As for Classic. You should probably do it like RPGs. Read a lot of the early manga, since the pacing is way faster than anime, and then switch to anime during Gold Saint arc.

Then I don't know, Asgard is meh and Poseidon is alright, but the lack of good english fansubs is a problem.

Hades is cool, though, and I recommend the anime.

read the manga till you get to hades-chapter then watch its anime.

anime made saint seiya look like 80`s FT so you`ll likely hate it for it i recommend manga till you get to hades-chapte then you can switch it to anime if you want.

as for characters there is only 1 character among 5 main bronzes who you`ll get interst in is ikki (probable seiya too if you start with manga), however villians in saint seiya are much better than most of heros. hades>every saint seiya chararcter for example.

when you done with classic start lost convas its like an improved version of saint seiya which tells the story of the previous pegasus saint and am pretty sure you`ll like the quality of it more than you`ll like other saint seiya series.

worth noting manga seiya>anime seiya

they protayed seiya much better in manga where in anime they made him screem "Saori-San" every single episode ten times, which is soo ******* annoying.

other than that the plot/story of it is very intersting imo especialy the lost convas or Episode: G

honestly, there should be a Saint Seiya remake, without the Steel Saints, better colors, better/faster animation, etc. That would help, but it does not exist :/

honestly the original saint seiya not very good. its extremely generic shonen series with cool armors.. and Seiya is most bland main guy in anime ever. is also one of those needlessly long anime (like dbz, bleach, naruto, etc) and it has same issues they all do (inconsistent animation quality, bad pacing, filler)

i'd just watch Lost canvas..its much better in art, animation, writting,...pretty much everything.then if u enjoyed it read the lost canvas manga from were the anime stops

then if you still want more saint seiya stuff read episode G manga.

I easily got into reading the entire classic manga. I can get past art and all, I mostly liked it due to the Greek Mythology influence and how it's shown in a manga style.

Back