• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

so um, Dio(Dio vs Alucard discussion)

Also where does SP scaling to amped RHCP come from
statements like being number 1 stand in part 4, that should include morioh amped RHCP, Koichi being shocked as shit when Star Platinum was having a hard time denting Sheer Heart Attack, mind you Koichi literally witnessed Morioh Amped RHCP plus during that battle Josuke did briefly keep up with it and when he did get his ass kicked, Josuke was not extremely damaged, yeah he was damaged but not to the extent that shit he can't stand up anymore or anything.

About the Planet Waves timeframe, straight from the DB Q&A...

"I think the big difference is the time frame. The VSBW calc which has it at 100-200 tons of TNT has a larger time frame of several minutes. Jolyne and Viviano Westwood were in the middle of an intense, life or death struggle, and would have had to hold positions for several minutes straight without moving in order for that time frame to make sense. We thought 10 seconds or so was more appropriate. We might get a more accurate time frame from the anime adaptation, though JoJo also has a penchant for fights taking much longer than they should, aka cinematic timing. That’s of course a feature in lots of anime."

Araki doesn't supervise the anime? If I'm not mistaken, he reviews and approves whether he puts it or not, if I'm not mistaken there is something in part 5 that is said differently in the manga
Like it changes the information when it's adapted into the anime

wait so let me get this straight
the meteors from the stand came at varying speeds, ranging from a minute to a few seconds?

Bump
Still curious about this. I'm not really clear about this situation, since from what I can really tell from what I've read, the Death battle calc is valid, but just a highballed one? If there's a possibility of Jojo becoming like "possibly 8-B" or something like that, I'd like to know for sure

ok I get death battle bad and stuff but
I really feel like I haven't been shown the full picture yet with this calc business

Getting more info on the Planet Waves calc. That said I highly doubt they made that obvious a mistake in their calc so I'm taking the debunk with a grain of salt.

I'm not going to entertain the outlier argument tho.
Literally wrong Cal.

They treated the meteor the size of her head, even though they get smaller the closer they get to him because that's literally part of its power, and by the time she deflected them they shrunk numerous times over, opposed to the head sized it was like a full few pages prior, being merely around the size of Stone Free's fist, thus the mass is extremely inflated.

They also straight up wanked the timeframe by a ludicrous amount, straight up false, didn't happen, they assumed a few seconds maximum for the meteorites to go from 38000km away to Jolyne deflecting them, even though at one point we see dudes talking about them and having a discussion as they fall down, normal dudes mind you.

The only thing they got right was the fact it exists, and 3.5g per cm3 meteor mass is aight.

I'm perfectly okay with the DB calc for Planet Waves
Well you shouldn't be, it's wrong, not a high end, not something that could be maybe legit.
There's blatantly wrong attributes to how they went about it.

Do they lose mass? Because things can get denser when they get more compact. Breaks the law of conservation of mass if they just straight up lose parts simply by getting closer instead of it shaving off.

Also refer to what I said about the timeframe.

Do they lose mass? Because things can get denser when they get more compact. Breaks the law of conservation of mass if they just straight up lose parts simply by getting closer instead of it shaving off.

Also refer to what I said about the timeframe.
Yes they lose mass? They literally burn up, a whole part of the power is that they burn up the closer they get to westwood, to where by the time they hit him, there's nothing left.

By the time Jolyne deflects them, they've burned up to tiny debris, not the boulder they picked several pages before the feat happens.

I shouldn't even have to explain this, it's a crucial part of the power and fight.
"I think the big difference is the time frame. The VSBW calc which has it at 100-200 tons of TNT has a larger time frame of several minutes. Jolyne and Viviano Westwood were in the middle of an intense, life or death struggle, and would have had to hold positions for several minutes straight without moving in order for that time frame to make sense. We thought 10 seconds or so was more appropriate. We might get a more accurate time frame from the anime adaptation, though JoJo also has a penchant for fights taking much longer than they should, aka cinematic timing. That’s of course a feature in lots of anime."
And this is also bullshit, we know Westwood can, and has, pre-emptively called down meteorites, the issue is thinking that when the meteorites come on panel that's when they got summoned, it isn't, he calls them far ahead of time, we even see examples of this.

And it being a life or death struggle means **** all, fight didn't start and end in seconds, they were grappling and doing a bunch of shit, fight lasted awhile, couple that with westwood calling them down ahead of time and making use of skill and locks to time when they'll come with when Jolyne is incapped, and couple that with the fact we straight up see them fall from the sky from a 3rd party normal human perspective and they sure as **** ain't rel.

Death Battle wanked the **** out of this feat, you'd have to ignore a lot of shit and blatant demonstrations of what actually occurred to reach the conclusion of rel meteors.

Hmm
Haven’t read all of part 6 and I am not a calc expert, but chariot seems to be making more sense here
Although I’m not sure or not if the part about a normal human seeing the meteors matters much or not, given that they’d have to react to it for it to be considered traveling at human reaction level speeds because of it

Not really, they can see them because they burn and emit light and stuff and are far enough away, just like actual meteorites, they're definitely extremely fast, but there's a difference between realistic meteorite speed upon reaching and falling down to earth and almost the speed of light.

Ok that makes sense
Then I guess this means jojo is officially gonna be maxing out at high 8-C then. The death battle stuff had me all hyped up for at least a small upgrade too…

I mean, there was actually something pointed out that I fond interesting, but large town ain't it.
Though in other news.
That SRSE feat is aight though (10 megatons is a bit wanked, but it is tier 7 even if not that high). Unfortunately it ain't canon tho, would be cool as **** to have Dio with a random tier 7 gigafuck attack tho.

There have been a number of inconsistencies between the anime and manga
But how different would it have to be in order for the anime to get its own profile or key seperate from the manga? Especially for a scaling difference that massive

Don't know, I know we have an OVA profile, but the OVA is like a gigafuck abridged version of the manga, and what is there plays out quite differently, even events that play out the same have different details (like road roller vs oil tanker).

Anime tends to play it really close, sometimes changing things but 95% of the time it's almost identical so not sure if it'd be given the ok.

Hmmm that’s pretty unfortunate if that can’t go through, since now it seems unlikely
Time to search for some good old fashioned loopholes then

Search "Jojo Town Calc" on Google scroll down to find until you find a title

"Why JoJo is Large Town Level | Battle Arena AMINO AMINO"​

That's just listing ED feats or not actually knowing how shit works (Like saying because SP sucked in fog that covered a town, the feat is town level, even though it's whole magnitudes less because fog's mass is extremely low and SP didn't do it at ludicrous speeds).

Or "RHCP drained a town of energy so he must be town", the calc they used assumes RHCP drained a ******* years worth of energy, instead of the few minutes he actually did.

And the White Album one assumes Ghiaccio can straight freeze a ******* ocean solid, even though contextually it seems to be more referring to like waves and stuff.

And finally they assume Weather's weather manip scales to physical stats and shit.

It's just a bunch of shit that either doesn't scale or is ED, or a gross misunderstanding of how calcs actually work.

Last edited:
yeah, and star platinum sucking in fog would be an ls feat anyways since it just means he can overpower justice, who can control a town's worth of death people
although, now I'm wondering if white album's ice could potentially be a slightly higher tier than initially though, since it seems to be quite a large amount of ice
is there any existing calc on it?

Star Platinum sucking in the fog actually could be used for AP, or, at minimum, durability (after all, he didn't explode from the fog being stuffed inside them, all that happened was his chest puffed out a bit).
But you'd still need to calc it (dont bother, way to complicated and not worth it) but it's not town lv so either way and depending on a few factors, it might end up being complete garbage despite what many think it would get (that 40 second timeframe really ***** it hard).

And yes, White Album actually does have a High 8-C calc (it's low High 8-C tho, like 2-3 tons), been talk on if there's anyway to scale to the likes of King Crimson, nothing 100% solid yet tho. (After all, it's ice manip, it doesn't scale directly to physicals inherently), though, we're still looking, there might be something somewhere.

Out of curiosity, is Star Platinum going to be stronger than the Pillar Men? The new revision will make SP High 8-C+ from what I've seen

Out of curiosity, is Star Platinum going to be stronger than the Pillar Men? The new revision will make SP High 8-C+ from what I've seen
You could scale Pillar Men to the same caliber, but if we wanna be conservative probably not.

Depends how generous people wanna be. But that's later, Part 8 stuff is nest, maybe today actually, I'm redoing Josuke's profile as we speak, once that's done probably put that CRT out, (have the scans for Yasuho but putting her off till after because profiles are a ******* pain in the ass to do now with the whole reference bullshit).

is it possible to leave Jojo in City-Block or Multi City-Block?
It would be if there was any actual consistent feats for the top tiers at that level, but there isn't.

Or well, there is, but they coincidentally all belong to Ultimate Kars, needless to say that doesn't exactly scale to the majority of the cast if anyone or anything without factoring in blatant bullshit.

Back