• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So long!! - Monkey D Luffy (One Piece) vs Garnet (Steven Universe)

Lightning? Not a big deal. Long arms? Check! Fight for nakama/friends? I'm sure that counts. Anyway before Luffy gets any revision let's do this.

Speed equalized and Luffy doesn't have to worry about running out of steam.

Island vs island.

Fights in Wall Mariah.

Maybe, I thought it would be fair considering I removed the weakness of running out of stamina on the 6-C form for Luffy. In that case pause for now.

Luffy due to battle-precog (as opposed to Garnet's future-vision which doesn't work for battle purposes) through observation Haki, far greater ranged abilities, and resistance to blunt attacks.

Without something in her own arsenal like observation haki, it would be hard for Garnet to hit Luffy at all with speed equalized. Luffy's AP in Gear 4 (let alone with King Kong Gun) could almost certainly smash her gem. He is resistant to her electricity due to being rubber. And also due to being rubber, he has a good level of resistance to the main attacks she dishes out--Punches with no Haki imbued in them!!! Without special piercing attacks like in Rokushiki, and without Haki, the punches from Garnet's gauntlets will be totally "meh" to Luffy, especially when he is in Gear 4th (although even in base his durability and AP are Likely High 6-C). Heck, in Gear 4th his resistance is so great that he can tank powerful piercing and cutting attacks up to a certain limit! Garnet's brute-force, non-Haki-using approach will make little headway against Luffy, as he wears her down and then breaks her gem with King Kong Gun.

So Luffy is basically can't be harmed by Garnet at all? He doesn't care about blunt attacks from Garnet's gauntlets, and he is immune to lightning for some reason.

Luffy is highly resistant to lightning/electricity based attacks, going by his fight against Enel. At least, voltages upto hundreds of millions has absolutely no effect on Luffy. After going through Garnett's profile, I think Luffy can take this low-diff

Whaa pun titles are awesome.

And there's still stuff like outlasting the enemy and grappling Luffy. Then again I had the same thoughts with Tip on another Garnet fight but people still treat it as if it was fair.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Theres literally no reason to think Future Vision wouldnt work in combat.

And yes her regen is consistent lol the whole point of her being a Gem is that she can regenerate from just her gemstone

WeeklyBattles said:
Theres literally no reason to think Future Vision wouldnt work in combat.
And yes her regen is consistent lol the whole point of her being a Gem is that she can regenerate from just her gemstone
1) The fact that Garnet can be taken by surprise in combat is enough

2) I'm not going to discuss with you about poofing in vsbattles again.

@Aiden lol Luffy and other Observation Haki users have been taken by surprise too, I guess his precog isn't combat applicable either. Plus the way Garnet's precog works is she sees the potential outcomes of a situation she's in when she wants to, so if she's not actively using her Precog yes she would be able to be caught off guard, which wouldn't come into play here as she'd absolutely be using her precognition in a fight.

lol dayum you're still salty about Pearl beating Erza huh? xD Well agree or don't but it's still something she's able to do.

@Roy Then she would regenerate into either Ruby or Sapphire depending on which gemstone was shattered. Garnet has two. Shattering them would be pretty tough though considering they're protected by the armored gauntlets Garnet uses to fight.

"lol dayum you're still salty about Pearl beating Erza huh? xD Well agree or don't but it's still something she's able to do."

Good to know you still a reliable admin. Now, honestly, if you think that poofing doesn't count as losing. Then discussing with you is automatically useless.

...Wow okay, rude.

And saying Gems being poofed makes them automatically lose even through they can easily regenerate is like saying Alucard loses if he's reduced to a puddle, Cell automatically loses if he's reduced to a single cell, and the FMA Homunculi automatically lose if theyre reduced to their Philosopher Stone. Youre literally disregarding her regen for no reason whatsoever.

AidenBrooks999 said:
"lol dayum you're still salty about Pearl beating Erza huh? xD Well agree or don't but it's still something she's able to do."
Good to know you still a reliable admin. Now, honestly, if you think that poofing doesn't count as losing. Then discussing with you is automatically useless.
That's extremely out of line. Like, seriously.

Cmon guys, if you have a problem with each other settle this in PM's. I don't want to see two respectable staff members, and more importantly good friends, arguing with each other.

The same could be said for the "Still salty" remark but frankly discussions like these in a debate should stop. Both of you please don't argue here (Though I wish you guys won't argue on the first place)

I was just making a joke...he didnt have to be so mean about it...

But yeah Aiden if something is wrong this thread isnt the place to talk about it, lets not derail the thread any further.

I'm guilty of doing that but people aren't really fond of salt or bias jokes. Guilty of those myself. But yeah better to avoid those jokes. And cough a certain relo person triggers me too sometimes.

But yeah thank you. Ill tally the votes tomorrow

@Weekly Why would it be difficult to shatter the gemstones ? Both characters are in the same tier and Garnet's not hurting Luffy anyways

RoyGundam said:
@Weekly Why would it be difficult to shatter the gemstones ? Both characters are in the same tier and Garnet's not hurting Luffy anyways
Because they are protected by her gauntlets. Which IIRC weren't even damaged ever.

Garnets Gems are protected by her Gauntlets, which remained completely unscratched even during battles in which Garnet got pretty "injured" in. That said, if Luffy managed to Poof her, he should be able to shatter the gems before she comes back, it's a pretty lengthy process. Although, without prior knowledge to Gem physiology, Luffy might not know to smash the gems in the first place.

I feel as though descriptions of each of Garnet's powers needs to be placed on her profile. With what I'm seeing here as compared to her profile, it's confusing me.

Take "Regenerationn (Low-High)" for example: When looking at this, I think that she can withstand attacks that can pulverize her body, and she can regenerate and continue fighting. I have very little knowledge on SU, so I would have had no prior knowledge after reading her profile to know that she would just be sent into her Gem to regenerate, rather than heal during combat.

Also, Victory Conditions are not specified. KO, Death, BFR, or any of the three?

Luffy has high resistance to Electricity and Blunt Force. It's not like he is immune to them. Hits from opponents equal or stronger than him can still damage his body. Lucci from back in the day was able to injure Luffy with punches and kicks, even if they were not anywhere near "severe".

Okay, with what I know from two characters from Profiles and what is specified here:

This seems as though it would be a hard-fought battle. Luffy has resistances to attacks employed by Garnet, while the same could be said for Garnet in regards of Luffy's attacks. Garnet has resistance to extreme pressure and heat, which are two attack-types that Luffy usually employs in combat.

Both have pre-cognitive powers, but Garnet's doesn't appear to be entirely useful in combat (from what I see in the comments), and Luffy's can only be considered fairly Adept from what we've seen in-verse.

Range is no competition what-so-ever.

Luffy has the ability to Amplify his physical capabilities with Busoshoku haki, and when looking at power-scaling, I dare say Luffy is stronger, especially when Gear 4th uses elasticity to drastically increase the force behind his physical blows.

I don't know how Garnet's "Item Summon" ability would affect this fight, but most of her abilities are more utilitarian, but given her inferior range and versatility (at least from what I know of her), and since Luffy's Stamina is limitless in this sense:

I do believe that Luffy would win High Difficulty if they go in with no knowledge and it is a fight until KO or until Garnet is put inside of her Gem.

Inconclusive if it is a fight to the death.

@Cin It can take as little as 80 seconds for Garnet to fully regenerate from being poofed, and yes her precognition is absolutely combat applicable. Poofing isnt an instant win for Luffy as Garnet would be able to regenerate fast enough to be able to continue fighting afterwards. This was discussed in-depth here.

CinCameron20 said:
I don't know how Garnet's "Item Summon" ability would affect this fight, but most of her abilities are more utilitarian, but given her inferior range and versatility (at least from what I know of her):

I do believe that Luffy would win High Difficulty if they go in with no knowledge and it is a fight until KO or until Garnet is put inside of her Gem.

Inconclusive if it is a fight to the death.
"Item summon" is completely irrelevant.

'Put inside of her gem" part doesn't really apply to Garnet - as a fusion, she would first split into Ruby and Sapphire (both of whom would be significantly injured). It also means that when Ruby and Sapphire are taken down, it's unlikely they would get a chance to regenarate

Well, now I'm seeing two sides:

Would Garnet Split and be pretty much done-for, or just take an 80 to X amount of seconds while Luffy sits there thinking he already won?

CinCameron20 said:
Well, now I'm seeing two sides:
Would Garnet Split and be pretty much done-for, or just take an 80 to X amount of seconds while Luffy sits there thinking he already won?
So far I don't remember any fusion going down instantly (not counting Garnet getting hit with destabilizer, because it's the whole purpose of the thing).

Sugilite got split and Amethyst and Garnet couldn't even move.

Malachite got split and Jasper and Lapis were unconscious for hours.

Ruby fusion got split and...Eyeball was actually completely okay, but it's not like she was fighting until a while later.

Ruby fusion in the Answer got split, and our Ruby could still just and get Sapphire out of Pearl's way.

I guess it's either different type fusions that take it worse, or the ones that were formed for longer. Garnet is both, so here's that

@Cin How would you react if your opponent randomly exploded and now there's a pair of rocks on their place?

@Tipoma Sugilite and Malachite were unstable, hence it took a greater toll on the Gems when they unfused. Stable fusions like Garnet and Opal have unfused with little to no adverse effects to the Gems.

@Weekly - How I would react is not the problem for solving this versus match since Luffy isn't me. But honestly, I would find a pickax :D.

Back