• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So long!! - Monkey D Luffy (One Piece) vs Garnet (Steven Universe)

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cin How would you react if your opponent randomly exploded and now there's a pair of rocks on their place?
@Tipoma Sugilite and Malachite were unstable, hence it took a greater toll on the Gems when they unfused. Stable fusions like Garnet and Opal have unfused with little to no adverse effects to the Gems.
In any case, Garnet would still go to Ruby+Sapphire first

@Cin Fine, then without knowing how Garnet's regen works how would Luffy react? And lol i seriously doubt you'd take a pickaxe to a ruby and a sapphire bigger than your hands. That's some damn good money.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Tipoma Not necessarily, the only time Garnet was actually poofed Ruby and Sapphire poofed as well.
It's because she was hit with destabilizer, which is confirmed by Matt Burnett to be created specifically for that

@Weekly - Someone trying to beat me up poofs and a gem is left in it's place... Honestly, no second thoughts: Bust it up! If the entire body simply vanishes, why not the gem too? It sounds like a catalyst, at least to me... a heart--even.

Luffy would probably look at it and I don't know if he'd break it, or take it to Nami like "Can we get money with this to buy some meat?! :D!!!" But if he does the latter, I see it being inconclusive unless Luffy can beat Garnet again, which I don't see why he couldn't unless Garnet becomes Bloodlusted and somehow outperforms him in round 2 like with Jasper (video on profile xD).

CinCameron20 said:
which I don't see why he couldn't unless Garnet becomes Bloodlusted and somehow outperforms him in round 2 like with Jasper (video on profile xD).
Nah, it was because she was singing.

@Cin Garnet would have knowledge of what Luffy is capable of and would be able to at least try to work a way around it so she doesnt get poofed again

@Weekly - but Luffy fought Garnet, so it would be pretty much a Round 2, but with prior knowledge of eachother's abilities. It wouldn't be any different outside of both being more analytical.

@Burning Standard battle assumptions for victory are death, bfr, knocking out for an hour, or incap for at least a month

Knockout is more likely as I was mainly looking at Cin's long post. Though Gomu Gomu no Bazooka looks like some kind of BFR. Dunno. Maybe if he can push Garnet out of Wall Maria? Since it's in the AoT verse, she might not know the way back.

How would he knock Garnet out? She doesnt have a brain for that to even be possible to do...

Precog has helped her with pathfinding before, i dont see why she couldnt use it in that scenario as well

Okay, you mean she can make her way back to Wall Maria? Or just figure out where she is? And if she can make her way back, how long would it take?

Her page says enough damage will make her unfuse or revert to her gem forms. If Luffy can do that, would it count as a win?

I think it's Luffy or inconclusive.

Hmm, I don't know about either character, but Weekly's reasoning has convinced me. I think Garnet would win.

[Leph's equivalent of a "for reasons above" xD]

@Burning yes she'd be able to make her way back to Wall Maria fairly easily

No, poofing does not count as a win since she can regenerate in a very short time period

Essentially, here's how I see this playing out:

Luffy wins in the initial fight, and takes the Gem with the thought that he could give it to Nami so that she could appraise it. Almost a few moments later, Garnet pops back out and Luffy is confused, but realizes that the Gem is pretty much Garnet.

It's pretty much a Round 2 with both having previously fought, and I see Luffy winning due to the initial reasons I posted, and this time, he would actually break the Gem... Or ask if Garnet would like to join his crew since she is strong and cool in his eyes... but Standard Battle Assumptions give the character the mind-set to defeat/kill the enemy, so I see the former happening.

Back