• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinka Yamato vs Monkey D. Luffy [pre-timeskip]

Jinka Yamato vs Monkey D. Luffy

Versions

• Jinka: Middle of Part 1 (5 tails) - 126MT up to 633MT with Souls of Five Elements.
  • Luffy: Gear 2nd (Ennies Lobby) - 108MT up to 217MT with Gear Third.
Rules
  • Starting distance: 20 meters.
  • Speed is Equalized.
  • No-prior knowledge.
  • Bloodlust.
Demon Fox: 1

Straw Hat:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Because of the connection I reposted the same thread. I'll edit it and transform it into something else.

I really need to finish Sengoku up. I'm like, half way through the series, and I haven't read it in at least 6 months. If this match is still going after I have finished my read through, I'll probably drop an argument for Jinka if I believe he wins.

Are you reading only the manga or following the anime weekly too? depending on where you left off it might be possible to argue, since it's only Jinka from half of the first part of the work being used here (Post Mountain God-Training/Before the second fight with Douren).

Last edited:
JInka's wincons are: Accelerated Development(not exactly sure if it's usable here), Summoning/Illusion Creation/Duplication via Shikigami(to confuse Luffy to make an opening and/or escape his attacks), Water Manipulation(Devil Fruit weakness and can block Luffy's strikes with it's Forcefield Creation), Earth Manipulation/Size Manipulation/Instinctive Reaction(might be able counter Luffy's Gear 3rd strength and possibly keep up with his Gear 2nd speed), Metal Manipulation(Luffy is weak to piercing and slashing damage in part 1), and Energy Projection(Souls of Five Elements is Jinka's strongest move and could very well end the fight as soon as he decides to use it since Luffy's dash distance seems to be only a few meters away)

Luffy's wincons are: Damage Absorption/Supernatural Willpower/Regeneration(Mid-Low)(to withstand Jinka's attacks), Acrobatics(for evasion), Accelerated Development(not sure if this will come into play), Damage boost/Rage Power/Statistics amplification(to overpower Jinka), Limited Attack Reflection(might work against Jinka's Wood and Earth element attacks), Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis( though Luffy is the faster one here so he might not use it), and Supernatural Luck( not sure if this will come into play)

Speed is equal and Luffy starts on Gear Second, so he is not faster at all. Luffy also has range advantage, even though he is a short-range fighter.

Speed is equal and Luffy starts on Gear Second, so he is not faster at all. Luffy also has range advantage, even though he is a short-range fighter.
Luffy's speed rating is "higher with Gear 2nd, far higher with Soru" so even if he does start in Gear 2nd here he would still have the speed advantage with his Soru speed boost. Range doesn't really mean much in this fight since they both start in range of each other, and Luffy never really tries to keep his distance from his opponents anyway.

Last edited:
Let's argue.

Jinka has fairy eyes, these eyes allow him to passively see his opponents' auras and sense their strength levels. So, at first Jinka would know that he is a bit stronger than Luffy and that he could finish the fight with his strongest blow.

Jinka is usually someone who hates fighting strong enemies, and chooses to finish the fight without any major problems. Since here he would be in bloodlust, it would be completely natural to use the Souls of the Five Elements. Jinka is very tactical with this technique because he knows he can't mistakes. When he first used the technique against Jinun, he used his Metal General (a giant sword) to hide and get closer to fire the blow (4:18). The second time he used this technique, in order not to miss his target, he trapped Douren on a road made by lightning and tornadoes, so that his target could not make any trajectory to avoid it. Even though he won't use the same tactic he did with Douren (because he doesn't have those abilities here), the point is that Jinka is tactical and creative. He has several gadgets in his arsenal, such as smoke bombs, shikigami illusions, shikigamis to throw knives besides his own tails to come up with a plan and hit Luffy in the face.

Last edited:
Let's argue.

Jinka has fairy eyes, these eyes allow him to passively see his opponents' auras and sense their strength levels. So, at first Jinka would know that he is a bit stronger than Luffy and that he could finish the fight with his strongest blow.

Jinka is usually someone who hates fighting strong enemies, and chooses to finish the fight without any major problems. Since here he would be in bloodlust, it would be completely natural to use the Souls of the Five Elements. Jinka is very tactical with this technique because he knows he can't mistakes. When he first used the technique against Jinun, he used his Metal General (a giant sword) to hide and get closer to fire the blow (4:18). The second time he used this technique, in order not to miss his target, he trapped Douren on a road made by lightning and tornadoes, so that his target could not make any trajectory to avoid it. Even though he won't use the same tactic he did with Douren (because he doesn't have those abilities here), the point is that Jinka is tactical and creative. He has several gadgets in his arsenal, such as smoke bombs, shikigami illusions, shikigamis to throw knives besides his own tails to come up with a plan and hit Luffy in the face.
Yeah Jinka definitely has the better arsenal here. The best that Luffy can do is use his Gear 2nd simultaneously with his Gear 3rd, but unfortunately he only showed this during the Thriller Bark arc so he probably can't use it in this key. With that said, I'll just vote for Jinka since he seems to have the better wincons in this match.

Can someone explain what the soul of five elements does?
It's basically an energy bomb that Jinka makes by combining his Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, Metal elements. As stated in the OP it's AP is way above Luffy's durability so I can't help but think that he'll be ko'd by it even with his Damage Reduction.

It's basically an energy bomb that Jinka makes by combining his Fire, Water, Earth, Wood, Metal elements. As stated in the OP it's AP is way above Luffy's durability so I can't help but think that he'll be ko'd by it even with his Damage Reduction.
Its an explosion right?

Can someone explain what the soul of five elements does?
It's a very large sphere of energy (spiritual energy) that Jinka can create at the tip of his finger and throw at his enemies. The energy generates an massive explosion when it comes into contact with the target, the heat is so great that it disintegrated the arm of one of Jinka's opponents even though he was defending himself (take into account that this dragon is 3 times stronger than Jinka normally).

Last edited:
Back