• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, one thing for sure is that there's still some big SMT revisions on the back, how much it may be or how far that'd get accepted is up in the air.

I doubt it. There's has to be someone else stronger than him. Maybe YHVH, Creator Nanashi, or Nahobino.
Unfortunately not. I disagree with him being that high pretty vehemently, but alas, we are a team, and I’m one person.

But I don’t think his position matters that much, Persona is too fluctuating for said characters to remain that high, especially since there’s more P5 games coming out. So, we’ll see.

You can't be a smurf if you're physically that tier...

But the earlier keys are smurf, yeah : /

Will take a while as there's one more potential change to do that'd render a good chunk of the current changes redundant, think like how they jumped from Low 2-C to 2-A in purpose.

Unfortunately not. I disagree with him being that high pretty vehemently, but alas, we are a team, and I’m one person.

But I don’t think his position matters that much, Persona is too fluctuating for said characters to remain that high, especially since there’s more P5 games coming out. So, we’ll see.
why do you think joker doesnt rank as high

Good. Because having a spin-off series have characters more powerful than the main series is just weird to think about.

Characters that have hax qualitatively superior than themselves.

For example, characters in 10-C to High 3-A with tier 2 hax, tier 2 characters with tier 1 hax, and so on.

I believe in Yu Narukami supremecy
Me, sitting in the corner stubbornly believing that Universe Arcana is the strongest thing from Persona:

Alright, let's see here...

Good. Because having a spin-off series have characters more powerful than the main series is just weird to think about.
Why is it so strange? I don't think that a game being a spin off should inherently mean it should be less powerful than a main series. And frankly- Not to offend SMT fan's- But Persona has grown to such a point where it tends to be almost non reliant on SMT, Story wise at least. Of course, the lore and certain aspects are affected by SMT and the other series in it, and vice versa, but regardless, I don't really see why this reasoning makes much sense, no offense. Is it... Literally a "just because" kind of thing?

I doubt it. There's has to be someone else stronger than him. Maybe YHVH, Creator Nanashi, or Nahobino.
While I'm not a expert at all on the SMT side of things, I can say for certain that Joker isn't the strongest, he's just one of the strongest. I know Stephen and anyone who scales off him off the top of my head, because we currently have him and Adam Kadmon, who was superior in power to Joker, at the same-ish level (Unless things have changed since I last checked). Also, don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure there was a Joker vs Nanashi thread in the past.

Regardless, point is, there are certainly people stronger than him... He's just currently considered as insanely strong as well, according to the SMT/Persona Team here.

nah Joker is almost untouchable on vs battle and its not even funny
That tends to occur with any Tier 1, and especially 1-A. You can't really throw them into any vs thread without through research into their powers, and the layers their Hax, Stats, and Resistances are. Since Tier 1, in theory, reaches into a endless number of possibilities for Layer's, it's rare for two people from different verses to have the same number. Hence why I made a Yu Narukami vs Makoto Yuki thread that died but was prolly a incon...
no but people bring up anti-feats such as Joker losing to real cops, shadows finding guns a threat hence why fake guns shoot real bullets, and the fact the thieves need to escape palaces when they are collapsing
Joker losing to the Cop's is a weird situation, but it likely boils down to him not wanting to hurt them. The gun thing shouldn't even apply- To them, the gun's are real, that doesn't change anything.

But, ultimately, these are all examples of the Plot taking front stage over the actual power scaling. That said, I advise you look into it yourself, and what makes sense to you to ignore and what makes sense to keep in mind. Personally, I disregard all of these arguments because they're far less convincing than the arguments for his power to me.

It came from some warcraft players that were so good nobody wanted to play with them, so they crrated new accounts called Papa Smurf and Smurfette....

At least that's what Google told me
They probably smell like expired goat cheese. Tbf, given the status of the people I've encountered on the wiki? Both sides are neck and neck in degeneracy lmao

Back