• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros. Respect thread

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
I was writing a blog post for this, but I feel like it would be better to put them in a thread instead.

The point of this thread is to discuss any potential feats in the Smash Bros. Series, without cross-verse scaling obviously.

Some examples:

-The Warp Star's trophy states that it can fly at Warp Speed.

-In one of Snake's Codec conversations, it was stated that King Dedede could level buildings.

-Captain Falcon OHKO'd a giant R.O.B. in the Subspace Emissary.

Etcetera.

You get the idea.

Here's a link to the blog post if you want to see all of the potential feats I've found.

How is it essential for R.O.B.?

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of other feats, like Kirby's Down B calc. 100 tons moving at Massively Hypersonic speed compared to Pikachu's lightning, assuming the Lightning is 220,000,000 mph, should put Kirby's Down B at Large Island Level. Probably a bit inflated, though.

Plus wasn't the feat of destroying the cannon done with the Dragoon? The item that can pretty much one-shot anybody? I doubt it would scale to anyone.

I know it's not a pure OHKO, but it's definitely not an attack you can just tank in a neutral condition.

See Saikou's comment, and it's the most solid clear feat we have so far. Plus I think Kirby's down B was calced at city.

It has high knockback but little damage. There is no true one-shot attack in Smash, except for Tabuu's Off Waves and crushing stuff

Actually it's perfectly possible to take Tabuu's waves IIRC.

I'm really curious about the results of the Subspace Cannon calc though. All we need to do is find its size and we're golden.

Also, there are plenty of 9-A to 8-C feats, as everyone and their moms has fought a giant robot sized opponent like Porky or Galleom. Ness OHKO'd the Pig King Statue, and Falcon OHKO'd a giant R.O.B.

Yeah, gotcha.

Also, if we want some Tier 7 feats, Entei was stated on its trophy to have its same in-canon volcano feat. On average, volcanoes are around 7-B. Most characters should scale to that in durability.

Also, would the Smash 4 characters scale from these feats as well? Because I want a 7-B Wii Fit Trainer. Sportacus vs WFT when?

Plus, we're going to have to go through all of these profiles and give them Smash keys, aren't we? Seems more efficient than making new profiles, but at the same time it could make things feel cluttered.

We aren't going to make Smash keys for every characters.

Only characters such as Dog Hunt Duck, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., G&W and Smash-original characters should scale.

Would R.O.B. have the highest AP and Dura of the bunch? Because even the fodder R.O.B.s can take numerous hits from the fighters without being harmed, especially when attached to a subspace bomb. The Main R.O.B. should be far superior to them.

I feel like we should give Kirby a separate key for this as well. Because we'll have to put "Comparable to Kirby" on their profiles one way or another, and not having an existing key for Tier 7 Kirby to scale from would cause some confusion.

A Smash key for Kirby seems uneccesary. I was thinking "comparable to SSB Kirby who destroyed the Subspace Cannon (with the text linking to the calc)" would do.

While it's a bit cluster-y, that's what we do with DBZ games and such, so we should do it too for Kirby.

Well technically SSB Kirby and Canon Kirby are both from video games, so it's not like putting an anime key on the same profile as the main game canon Kirby.

Still think it would be a little less cluster-y if we linked to a "SSB Kirby blog post' instead.

All I need to do is put in the game and I can get the size because the Wiki says it (the Subspace Cannon) is 12 Temples long but boy am I lazy.

I honestly don't understand how they got "12 temples long".

Comparing the in-game sizes of Bowser and Ganondorf to the size of the Gunship's trophy...? Doesn't make any sense to me.

I think they zoomed into the part where Bowser and Ganondorf were standing and then compared the size of that to the size of Temple.

Like if the pad was 1 Ganondorf long and Temple was 10 Ganondorfs long, with the ship being 120 Ganondorfs long, then it'd be 12 Temples long.

So a Hypersonic+ reactions feat for every Smash character then?

Also, what do you think of the down B calc Saikou mentioned, comparing its velocity to Pikachu's thunder?

I'm actually a little skeptical about this gunship feat now...

Kirby didn't make the whole thing blow up at once. He seems to have triggered a chain reaction of explosions within the gunship, so he clearly had to strike something important within it. I doubt this would count as an AP feat.

That's what I was thinking, and partially why I didn't bother doing it (the other being it'd be hard to scale.)

Dragoon could scale to the Daybreak though, since both are supposed to be OHKO weapons, with the Dragoon, I think, being much more effective.

EDIT: Yeah, the Dragoon has slightly less damage to it but is intended to be a OHKO, only failing in extremely unusual situations. Meanwhile the Daybreak just does a lot of damage and has some okay knockback.

I think the other Tier 7 feats can stay, though.

Entei is a solid 7-B, and I'm still unsure about the Kirby Down-B calc Saikou mentioned. I tried the 100 tons thing with the speed of lightning and got Large Island Level.

Back