• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros. Respect thread

Different tons maybe? Like American vs. Metric? Either way Large Island seems a bit outliery considering how most of the feats in the only plot in the series are Building/Wall.

Using Metric tons gives you 100,000 kilograms. Using 220 million mph in a KE calc will get you 4.83624323072e+20 Joules, which is Large Island Level.

Using US tons gets you 4.387367315260723e+20 Joules, which is still Large Island Level.

I think it's the speed of the lightning that's the more significant factor here. I don't know how you can get City Level out of this without lowballing the crap out of that lightning, or at least finding a different source.

Actually, I found what I did wrong.

220,000,000 mph is the speed of the lightning on the return stroke. 220,000 mph is the speed from the cloud to the ground. Put that into a KE calc and you should get Large Town Level.

But according to Saik, Kirby's Down B moves faster, to the extent that it would warrant Low 7-B AP. So it's consistent with the Entei feat.

So if this gets accepted, it looks like I will get to have my Sportacus vs Wii Fit Trainer matchup after all. OvO

Okay, then yes. That makes 8781550800000000 Joules, which is Small City Level.

Or 9680000000000000 Joules if you use metric tons.

The description of a Brawl event match stated that a giant R.O.B. was going to destroy a city, so this is consistent.

Well timeframes are never specified. A non-specific giant monster could've destroyed an entire city, but if a timeframe is never specified, it could've done it building by building for all we know.

But I feel like it could be worth mentioning regardless. Who was the character in that event who fought R.O.B.? I'm assuming Captain Falcon? Plus there's also an event in Smash 4 where a few ganons were going to destroy Skyworld IIRC. Possibly a potential City Level feat?

So this makes a 7-B Entei feat, a Low 7-B Kirby feat, and two potential 7-B feats as well.

Wait, it was actually in SSB4 and it was a giant metal R.O.B. which was going to destroy Delfino Island. It was fought by a normal R.O.B.

If it meant the Island as a whole, then 6-C is a bit outlierish. And even then, no timeframe is given, so it's a potential feat, but it's not a solid one.

Only Metal ROB seems like it'd be an actual feat since the Ganon one was done by 3 guys, one with a power amp.

But in neither of them was a timeframe given, so the details in both of them are pretty shady.

But I do agree the metal ROB one seems like it's closer to being solid than the Ganon one.

Either way, I don't think anyone would scale from either. The metal ROB is still way stronger and more durable than regular ROB, you can only win because you're quicker (proportionally) and more skilled. Basically chip damage.

You aren't city level by destroying one building out of an entire city, though. That logic doesn't really work unless we're talking about dimensional space.

There is no indication it would destroy the island building-by-building. We could use this logic to downgrade any character stated to be capable of destroying the world/universe because "there's no timeframe".

Well, several times during combat, Master Hand used attacks that came out of the Final Destination and came back with punches, some of them overtaking him. And in the case, the Final Destination at times got to cross galaxies, which I believe may come to be considered a MFTL+ speed feat.

There's even less of an indication that it's going to destroy the entirety of the island in one attack. Whenever a kaiju sized monster threatens to destroy a city, it usually does it building by building, so it's more likely that this is the case here.

Also, "Destroy the world" is extremely vague in most cases, and the universe is much bigger than an island. Destroying it planet by planet doesn't make them a universal threat; If one was stated to be an actual universal threat, then that means that they could destroy the entirety of the universe in a short enough time that would make them an actual threat.

Now that I think about it, I think "At least 8-C, likely 7-B" is a more accurate rating. Because while there is the occasional City Level feat, there are excessive amounts of building level feats as well.

Kevyn Souza said:
Well, several times during combat, Master Hand used attacks that came out of the Final Destination and came back with punches, some of them overtaking him. And in the case, the Final Destination at times got to cross galaxies, which I believe may come to be considered a MFTL+ speed feat.
That's likely an outlier, as most of our speed feats are around the Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic range.

I don't remember Master Hand having made consistent speed, as far as I remember this was the only Master Hand's speed feat (since cross-scale does not count). Although I may be wrong...

I thought Kevyn was talking about scaling the cast to Master Hand, because the feat is already accounted for in their profiles.

Yeah, I'm a bit biased against anything higher than 7-B because I want Sportacus vs WFT to happen I disagree with the feat presented. I'm leaning more towards 7-B, as the details surrounding the High 7-A feat are a bit shady.

I think "At least 8-C, likely 7-B" is safer.

@Cal

Hey Cal, what do you think of adding a 7-B key for Kirby assuming we create these profiles? That way, we'll know exactly what they scale from.

@Arbitrary

I agree that scaling the cast to Final Destination would be an outlier, but I don't see why it would be an outlier for Master Hand.

Maybe this is disregarded because of the way it was done (though I believe not), but I don't see why it would be an outlier, and as far as I know, Master Hand's only speed feat was that.

Once again I never said Master Hand's feat was an outlier. I was saying we shouldn't scale the characters to it.

Bump.

Also, I was wrong. Master Hand doesn't have the Final Destination feat on his profile. We should probably add that.

But anyways, my apologies Kevyn. It was the context you brought up the Master Hand feat that gave me the wrong idea; this was mainly a thread for discussing feats for Smash Bros. characters, namely WFT, G&W, and DHD.

So anyways, are you guys okay with me making a profile for Smash Kirby? I would like to make a profile for him, as not only would it provide a more clear base for scaling the smash characters (Which I think would be a better alternative to cluttering Kirby's profile with a non-canon counterpart), but it could potentially open the door up to some more Kirby matchups as well.

Have we come to an agreement yet? Does "At least 8-C, likely 7-B" seem alright?

If one of his attacks can move faster than Lightning, wouldn't that be MHS+ instead of MHS? Lightning is Mach 1000+.

Back