• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight DIscussion/Revision about Kingdom Hearts Unchained

The Protagonist of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X .... As well as the Master of Masters and the Fortellers , I believe is quite a good deals above Sora and Riku , not somewhat comparable . He was empowered by the strength of essentially some of the strongest in the KH setting, from KH1 to DDD [ including the lights of Post-KH:DDD Sora , Twilight Xemnas , Lingering Will , Aqua , Vanitas' Remnant , and many others ] , due to nature of how the power enhancement works in that game , due to the Book of Prophecies , but could barely fight the Fortellers at first at the beginning, and only managed to impress them near the end for their strength (Which is still vastly above Sora if this is correct)

So I believe maybe a slight revision for how the AP is described could be made. I'm not sure if this is just me rambling or game mechanics or this is legitimate. But they did describe it in series as calling upon the power of characters to be ... So it isn't just game mechanics.

Also... In the final fight, each implied they needed to go at least near, if not full power to beat the Protagonist. It wasn't minor, and they recognized his potential as far above being a mere 'minor' threat . Ira, who earlier didn't even see us [who wielded the powers mentioned above] as a mediocre keyblade wielder, thought of us as threats and very powerful keyblade bearer during the final fight , with some calling us gifted amongst those on the battlefield . Keep in mind also he had to fight all 5 fortellers in rapid succession, with no time for breaks . SO, if we assume that the Fortellers needed to go serious to beat him [which I would say is very close to their full power] , the scaling would go like this:

Master of Masters >>>>> Fortellers >> Protagonist (EoS) >>>>>>>>> Protagonist (MoS/Nigh-EoS) >>>>>>>> Protagonist (BoS) >>>>>>> Sora (Post-DDD) & the other characters mentioned in the first paragraph.

Note: Ventus and Marluxia do not count since they aren't implied to have the same source of power from the Book of Prophecies as the other Dandelions, and both you actually are given the powers of in Unchained , so that inconsistency shouldn't be the problem.

I'm not sure if being empowered by the cards is the same as being empowered by the actual characters not born yet in that period, through i only watched the cutscenes about this part of the series and nothing else.

I see... But according to the Book of Prophecies page on the KH wiki site it seems that it does intact give the Dandelions & the Union the powers of "those from the future" . And since at that point you gain all those powers I mentioned above. But I'm not 100% sure about this... I'll check in the game to see if they give a more.. Detailed explanation.

Okay. I may have found something:

• A description of the Books of Prophecie, directly from the wikia: " It is the source of Cards and Medals, which allow Player to harness powers from the future " . It wouldn't scale to those who are in that specific timeframe, like the Fortellers, but those who exist beyond their timeframe, like the ones I mentioned prior.
  • Quest 94 "Where is Chirithy Part 2" of Unchained x sums it up perfectly . Chirithy explains to the Player/Protagonist that the Medals they gain are one of the powers from the Book of Prophecies , which summon unimaginable strength/forces from the future to protect the world from the light . ALL of the Dandelions have the power of the Medals, and since the Fortellers have the Book of Prophecies .
  • Which would mean they harness the powers of those that the Cards & Metals depict, like Roxas, Xemnas, etc, and those above I mentioned. They aren't just "game mechanics", but a canonical power source they utilize for the Keybearers of that time.
The question is how to word it in the AP section if this is accepted ?

It would be better to call the other users knowledble about the verse about this.

I agree with this for now. The Medals/Cards are explicitly stated to be the power of future characters. Tho I don't think Ven and Lauriam make a difference since we don't see them fight anyway but we do know they are at least as skilled as the other post Keyblade war union leaders

I think it's far too early to tell, especially since the only people we've seen the Foretellers fight is each other and the protagonist of KHUX, the latter of whom gets effortlessly beaten down by Aced once the latter gets serious.

The Master of Masters is treated with reverence and awe by the Foretellers, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's so far above his students that it necessitates a tier jump or any kind of revision.

I think it's better to not jump to conclusions, especially since KHUX is a merchandise-driven and gacha-based game, meaning that the whole "powers from the future" thing is suspect in the first place.

Back