• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simultaneous & APM Reaction Time?

I was wondering, I have a question about the ability to react and intercept multiple projectile based attacks that are coming at you all at the same time, speed and distance, and you manage to intercept each and every one of them simultaneously like a scatter shot.
what would the best calculation be for reaction timing for reacting and shooting down multiple incoming projectiles simultaneously?

And there is a term called Actions per Minute which is what gamers use in real time strategy games, 1 APM equals 1 RPM (rotation per minute) which equals 60 Hertz in Frequency. I was doing searches here about using frequency for reaction timing and shows that you use the Frequency and the distance/length of something to find the velocity/reaction time, I was wondering would the distance to and from point A and B be considered the proper length for the equation?

I think I got something for how to calculate the reaction speed of a simultaneous multiple projectile attack, First you would need to find the frequency of the attacks with Actions per minute which is (# of attacks and * by 60 seconds) or with number of actions by the amount of time it takes between said points of time.

With that, to find the velocity, you must multiply the frequency by the distance in question.

And for distance in this situation, would multiply the distance by how many times traveled in that near instantaneous moment to all projectiles, and then multiply by the amount of time delay between each Shot or rate or fire.

Here is a link for reference

Last edited:
I think I have my method of calculating the reaction/combat speed of intercepting incoming simultaneous projectile attack.
  1. first you find the distance between the projectiles and the interceptor
  2. You divide the two
  3. then multiply the speed of one of the projectile
  4. then you multiply the others by the total number
  5. and in order for it to not appear to be instantaneous (otherwise you get ridiculously high speed) you would need to find the delay time/distance between each shot and then divide by the original speed.

Examples intercepting pellets from a Benelli M4 Shotgun with a Muzzle Velocity of 408 m/s but magically fires 1408 pellets at the same time which are moving 1 meter towards you and you reacted to them around 10 meters away.
  1. so 10 / 1 * 408 = 4080 m/s for one pellet
  2. then multiply by 1408, and it would be 5744640 m/s = .02c
  3. then you multiply by the estimated time delay between each shot which for example would be .02 seconds by say .41 meters which would be 280226.34 m/s = 823.49 mach.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back