• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Silent Sever - Link (Tears of the Kingdom) vs Ikuro Hashizawa (Baoh: The Visitor)

zelda-meme.gif
baoh-jojo.gif

I wanted to make a match with some of the characters I kin the hell out of, and these two are thankfully in the same AP range.

Base Link is being used and only has access to items found on the Great Sky Island (excluding bombs), so no Ancient Arrowheads and that nonsense.
Ikuro starts out completely transformed.
Fight starts 10 meters apart on the stairs in front of the Temple of Time at sunset.
Stasis will be regarded as its Limited Movement interpretation.
Speed Equalized.

Rookie Korok Torturer (0.84 Tons):
Something something laser cannon haha (0.23 Tons, higher with sabers and the laser cannon):
Inconclusive:

Fight Theme

Last edited:
As the mf who made Baoh into what he is, there might be a few things to note.

I'm assuming we're using Ikuro when he rolls up to Dress?

So uh, what even IS the starting shit on the Sky island? Like afterward it's ******* everything so that's easy, I can just assume any item but MS he has, but knowing what he has at this point is tough, I don't exactly remember. I guess the big question is, does he have any faes or duraneg? no im not clicking the link, fandom hates vpns, they go nuh uh so just mentin the good shit

Baoh's big things would be BDTP (above Link's res at this point, and Link lacks any items to defend against being fried, also outranges and AOE's all of Link's stuff atm, this is a very dangerous move he needs to watch for, especially given we know Metal conducts BDTP), Acid (even end game Link dont resist this shit, this is Baoh's big "**** you" wincon, not even a second of contact would be crippling), and the fact Baoh is hard af to kill.
Honestly Link's main thing is he needs to kill Ikuro fast or he's gonna get power crept, and he can't get grabbed or he gets melted and he needs to watch out for lightning AOE (Link face tanks bee stingers so they fine, blades an issue, but Link like 3x him initially, he should be able to tank them at the start).

Link does hold a notable AP advantage though initially and he's WAY more skilled plus speed amp, Tactile offsets that a bit as it enables Baoh to borderline mind read his intent and know what he's doing in a weird Daredevil kind of way, but he still ain't as skilled in CQC. If Link rushes him and hard focuses his head before he gets power crept, he might be able to put Ikuro down, but the problem is, would he? Link wont know where Baoh is located and attacking any part of him that isnt the head is useless. and even attacking the head is unless you do extreme damage, If Link fails to kill Baoh within a few minutes, he's probably getting 180'd in raw stats let alone hax.

The beam cannon btw is a free win, it's like 100000x quicker than Baoh atm, aka in speed equal that speed diff is a thing, aka he just instant kill blitzes Link with it, I'd remove that unless the charge up time for it we wanna call "reactable" and "fair".

I would need to know what Link's free meme stuff is atm, like what's his GOOD shit this early on? Atm I think Link might just get knowledge checked and done in by a few things he can't adapt to without knowing ahead of time, but if he has some haxy cool shit I'm forgetting this early, that could change.

Well going off the wiki page I linked, there’s homing eye arrows (which actually may work well if one managed to pierce Ikuro’s brain and the Baoh worm), the Zonai abilities, Ice Jelly and Fruit, the Flame Emitter (basically useless), stamina & speed potions, and weaker healing food. Also Bullet Time and Flurry Rush too ofc.

I might have already forgotten to mention this is a Limited Movement for Stasis match only days after I set up that rule.

From what I remember from the Baoh anime, it did take a little bit of time for him to charge it up and fire the laser, so it’ll be easy to aim dodge or interrupt.

Edit: The GSI apparently has some Opals, but I don't think that'll be too helpful.
Edit 2: Actually, now when I think about it, Opals and normal ChuChu jelly might help in midigating the effects of Bee Stinger hairs.

Last edited:
The homing stuff if Link aims for head could work, but he can take minor brain injury so unless it's a bunch at once it likely won't do lasting damage (Given Link can only fire 3 a time in one bullet time at this point in the game due to stam and bow limitations, im not sure if this is gonna do much, with ike a 5x lynel bow and like 5 shots that would be INSANELY damaging, but just 3 shots, eh....).
Flames useless.
Weaker healing food is good, it'd help heal any punches and kicks and slashes from starting Baoh fine, but Acid and Lightning are probably gonna be a bit much to heal im assuming a melted head is a bit more than 4 hearts of damage ngl
Bullet time and flurry good, but way more limited due to Link's lack of ways to abuse it and stam this early on, but it is still good, especially the rush, that imo is one of Link's wincons, assuming he wails on his head smashing it, given his AP advantage, if Link ps to wail on his head wit like a ******* club and caving it in wth like 30 blows before he can heal or get strong enough to where he can tank, he'd win.
Which is to say, half that is whatever, might even be risky to do, but blitz and the following good.

The main thing tho is, Ice Fruit, that is way above Baoh's res, there's just two caveats, he DOES have the LS to break out (Class M, in an unquantifiably weaker state), and due to his immortality, can survive his body getting frozen, he can just regen it. The big thing to ask is, could Baoh (worm) survive the sudden shift in cold from within? If it can't (it does have cold res, but it's below this), this might be a lethal wincon, if he does, it only stops him for like 3 seconds max.

Of course hitting Baoh with a ******* fruit is going to be hard as hell, and there's still the fact the cold has to seep into Baoh if ya get what I mean, but I would say this might be Link's ACTUAL best chance at winning, he just needs to do it before he gets BDTP (which has like 100m AOE, conducts against metal, and electrocutes so badly dudes ******* explode and catch fire, plus it can stop shit mid air like projectiles), or Meltedin (or power crept and one shot).
If Link whips out an ice fruit and doesnt immediately smash baoh out of it and instead waits, that could actually be his way to win.

From what I remember from the Baoh anime, it did take a little bit of time for him to charge it up and fire the laser, so it’ll be easy to aim dodge or interrupt.
If that's the case, ok, but remember if he does get it off, Link dies.

Last edited:
Actually, I wonder if Walken vs something like a Lynel would be possible, they both 8-A.

Bruh ya gotta comment, bumping aint gonna for a match this niche.

I mean, it's not that niche. Sure, Baoh is known little outside of the JoJo community, but TotK is one of the biggest games of last year and the successor to one of the biggest games of all time.

Zelda in the battleboarding com is niche even if the verse itself isnt.
Just how it be unfortunately.

Hm, should I unrestrict bombs since Baoh has his stronger items, or does this make things too lopsided?

Not when link has bullet time and bombs have AOE where he can just nuke him with 3 things like 20x above wile aving like 999x of these

Oh right also Link apprently gets Shrine Teleportation in this key since that's apparently enabled after opening up the Sky Temple. So he could hypothetically bail, take some time to recover, and possibly make some more meals and fused weapons, although it wouldn't take long for Baoh to sense him out and make his way over with acrobatics.

Edit: The GSI apparently has some Opals, but I don't think that'll be too helpful.
Edit 2: Actually, now when I think about it, Opals and normal ChuChu jelly might help in midigating the effects of Bee Stinger hairs.
Oh right, also I made this realization yesterday.

Oh right also Link apprently gets Shrine Teleportation in this key since that's apparently enabled after opening up the Sky Temple. So he could hypothetically bail, take some time to recover, and possibly make some more meals and fused weapons, although it wouldn't take long for Baoh to sense him out and make his way over with acrobatics.
Wouldnt be viable.
It might have interdimen range, BUT, he cant come back from it in this key as he lacks manual warps, he cant place a warp down and come back to SBA early game. e lacks manual warps, he'd be self BFRing.
Though you said temple of time, so they on the island but, Baoh's sensing is kms, way larger than the whole sky isle, he'd know where Link is and would make it to him in under 10 seconds given his movement. No matter where Link goes on the island, Baoh will know where he's going and what he's doing at all times.

I dont think bee stingers is even a issue, the deadly part is the piercing damage, link can tank fire just fine.

Link probably could return to the temple of time from the four warp points he has access to by just building a glider or something. Or just waiting for Baoh to chase him down. It’s not that crazy of a distance.

Wait did you think I meant the original BotW Temple of Time?

I was talking about the the one on the Great Sky Island

Link probably could return to the temple of time from the four warp points he has access to by just building a glider or something. Or just waiting for Baoh to chase him down. It’s not that crazy of a distance.
Exactly, and Baoh's movement > Link's. Link teleporting doesn't do much here, he can't teleport far enough to escape the tactile range here, and Baoh will be on his ass in like 5 seconds MAX.
Wait did you think I meant the original BotW Temple of Time?

I was talking about the the one on the Great Sky Island
No?

That's what I was mostly saying about Baoh being on his ass, but there's probably still enough time to make some more food and make new weapons.

I meant that literally, given Baoh's movement is AT LEAST 60mps, while not transformed at that, he can clear the whole sky island in like sub 10 seconds at worst, probably only like 5 seconds tops given the shrines arent the whole island apart.

Ah got it. I guess that point is mainly moot outside of the possibility of Link using it to very breifly escape close quarters.

It's barely even started. If its this much of an issue, you could just unwatch until something of note happens.

Back