• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I notice that Link for Tears of the Kingdom has a profile done for him and has a matching tier with a certain Ashen Demon… it just has to be done.

Link’s AP is 42.96 Kilotons of TNT while Byleth scales vastly above 15.64 Kilotons of TNT

Rules
  • Speed Equalized
  • 7-C versions (I.e, Base (Academy Arc) Byleth and Midgame Link). Nothing above 7-C can be use.
  • SBA for everything else
  • Both can access their Optional Equipment
  • Link’s Time Stop is Limited as per this message
Now, which one of these silent protagonists that were blessed by their Goddess and can wield a plethora of different weaponry will emerge victorious when pitted against one another.

Hero of the Wild:

Ashen Demon:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I'm currently in class so I won't be able to give much input for a little bit, but I am curious about how Rewind will interact with Divine Pulse, if at all.

I'm currently in class so I won't be able to give much input for a little bit, but I am curious about how Rewind will interact with Divine Pulse, if at all.
Recall can only rewind objects can't it?

also, now that I'm looking at it, Link is missing resurrection via fairies

If I remember correctly he was more skilled than hylian knights while he was a kid.
If that's all, then Link gets outskilled hard.

He probably doesn't have a major advantage in AP, either, since Byleth's base AP is: Byleth > Shez > House Lords > (Oneshot) Regular Soldiers = 15.64 kilotons, and they have critical hits, which triple their damage, and damage reduction/damage boost/statistics amplification on top of that.

He probably doesn't have a major advantage in AP, either, since Byleth's base AP is: Byleth > Shez > House Lords > (Oneshot) Regular Soldiers = 15.64 kilotons, and they have critical hits, which triple their damage, and damage reduction/damage boost/statistics amplification on top of that.
Honestly, imo, Dimitri should scales above the other two house lords as his crest canonically grants him superhuman strength, could match Catherine in a sparing match during their Three Houses convo (and Catherine admits to him being her equal) as well as the fact in Three Hopes that normal prison is stated to be useless against him and the only way to contain him is via enchanted cells or sapping his will to escape

Honestly, imo, Dimitri should scales above the other two house lords as his crest canonically grants him superhuman strength, could match Catherine in a sparing match during their Three Houses convo (and Catherine admits to him being her equal) as well as the fact in Three Hopes that normal prison is stated to be useless against him and the only way to contain him is via enchanted cells or sapping his will to escape
He's the strongest of the house lords, yeah.

Link has garunteed bow headshots with monster eyes, deconstruction arrowheads, smokescreens, multiple ways to buff himself through food and armor, a lot of healing, a max of 4 revives thanks to faries (although still weaker than Divine Pulse). He also fought Ganondorf, who has genius level intelligence for some reason, and ancient monks that have been around for a few millenia.

Last edited:
FE characters don't take extra damage from headshots. Link himself can tank his own Deconstruction arrows. Even the weakest Lynels can oneshot Zonai builds.

1. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude and overly passionate yesterday, things began tipping in the one camp without much analysis for all of us over how big one sides' arsenal.

2. I think the big question we need to figure out is if Link's larger set of options is enough to pressure Byleth into using all her device pulses before Link runs out of healing and fairies.

FE characters don't take extra damage from headshots. Link himself can tank his own Deconstruction arrows. Even the weakest Lynels can oneshot Zonai builds.
3. That just sounds like a case of purely Game Mechanics. Even if we place Zelda's headshot mechanics (e.g. stunning) as a bit unrealistic, the nature of hitting someone in the head with a sharp object is going to be incredibly dangerous.

4. That doesn't mean anything for fighting against Byleth, who lacks any displayed resistance to Deconstruction.

4.5: This is a partial tangent because nobody brought it up, although Link does have an option involving this: Why does Byleth have a resistance to Soul Manipulation listed when that's a feat from FE Heroes, which has its own seperate set of profiles and AP and all that. It probably doesn't even impact this since it seems they're effectively incapped if Link did hit them with the Gloom Spear, but this is still just tangential.

5. I'm not sure if everyone here has come to an agreement over how we should interpret how some enemies can break Ultrahand builds (or the AP of miniboess for that matter), but even if Byleth can one-shot them, that still means Byleth has to either a.) divert their attention from the main threat, b.) expend one of their limited Divine Pulses in order to stop Link from building one, or c.) simply ignore them and tolerate whatever damage and area presence they manage to do before Link runs out of power (with that issue possibly mitigated depending on if Link wants to use some spare Zonai Charges to fill the supply back up).

2. I think the big question we need to figure out is if Link's larger set of options is enough to pressure Byleth into using all her device pulses before Link runs out of healing and fairies.
Probably not, due to the skill gap, and the plethora of abilities Byleth has like probability manipulation, and stat amp/reduction
3. That just sounds like a case of purely Game Mechanics. Even if we place Zelda's headshot mechanics (e.g. stunning) as a bit unrealistic, the nature of hitting someone in the head with a sharp object is going to be incredibly dangerous.
There’s a chance that a bunch of Link’s attacks straight up get nullified, due to Pavise and Aegis, which nullifies damage taken. Or you know, Byleth can just, block them.
4. That doesn't mean anything for fighting against Byleth, who lacks any displayed resistance to Deconstruction.
Doesn’t matter if Link doesn’t have the skill to consistently land a hit on Byleth with it, except for maybe during bullet time, let alone over 10 times, where each time, Byleth becomes fully aware of what exactly Link is going to do.

Alternatively, Byleth blocks the Ancient arrowhead, their sword disappears, they take note not to get touched by it, and they pull out another sword. No divine pulse necessary.
4.5: This is a partial tangent because nobody brought it up, although Link does have an option involving this: Why does Byleth have a resistance to Soul Manipulation listed when that's a feat from FE Heroes, which has its own seperate set of profiles and AP and all that. It probably doesn't even impact this since it seems they're effectively incapped if Link did hit them with the Gloom Spear, but this is still just tangential.
It’s a verse-wide ability, it’s not exclusive to Heroes; it just so happens that Heroes has a feat that shows Fodlan characters can survive without their souls as well.

If Link takes Byleth’s soul, then that’s either just going to bloodlust them, or alternatively, there is a chance that Sothis could take control of Byleth’s body now that their soul is gone.
5. I'm not sure if everyone here has come to an agreement over how we should interpret how some enemies can break Ultrahand builds (or the AP of miniboess for that matter), but even if Byleth can one-shot them, that still means Byleth has to either a.) divert their attention from the main threat, b.) expend one of their limited Divine Pulses in order to stop Link from building one, or c.) simply ignore them and tolerate whatever damage and area presence they manage to do before Link runs out of power (with that issue possibly mitigated depending on if Link wants to use some spare Zonai Charges to fill the supply back up).
Alternatively, Byleth shoots a single fireball at it and calls it a day.

Probably not, due to the skill gap, and the plethora of abilities Byleth has like probability manipulation, and stat amp/reduction
The gap is probably not as large as it seems to be if argue that Ganondorf is reasonably more skilled than other characters Kohga, that are already superior to at least adequately-trained goons. Also, Link has better access to potent status effects such as electrical stunning and completely freezing enemies in a shell of ice. And there's some mitigation against the Luck items affecting dodge rate due to the previously mentioned homing arrows.
There’s a chance that a bunch of Link’s attacks straight up get nullified, due to Pavise and Aegis, which nullifies damage taken. Or you know, Byleth can just, block them.
You know damn well that's based on chance and at an absurd peak if we want to talk about stat caps, it's like 16%.
Doesn’t matter if Link doesn’t have the skill to consistently land a hit on Byleth with it, except for maybe during bullet time, let alone over 10 times, where each time, Byleth becomes fully aware of what exactly Link is going to do.
Link's toolkit is incredibly flexible and can realistically change tactics if he needs too including falling back. And every time Byleth wants to recieve that information, they have to expend one of their limited Pulses to do so.
It’s a verse-wide ability, it’s not exclusive to Heroes; it just so happens that Heroes has a feat that shows Fodlan characters can survive without their souls as well.

If Link takes Byleth’s soul, then that’s either just going to bloodlust them, or alternatively, there is a chance that Sothis could take control of Byleth’s body now that their soul is gone.
I'm pretty sure that couldn't count considering how that wold basically change Byleth's key.
Alternatively, Byleth shoots a single fireball at it and calls it a day.
That's still an option that requires diverting attention and resources away from Link.

Alternatively, Byleth blocks the Ancient arrowhead, their sword disappears, they take note not to get touched by it, and they pull out another sword. No divine pulse necessary.
What's stopping Link from rapid firing like a dozen at once? Especially when he can do it in slow down? In fact can they even react to that while getting blitzed?

Would blocking them with a sword even matter? Given the range of the deconstruction I'm pretty sure it'd still wipe out Byleth's body completely as long as they're still holding onto the sword upon contact

Also what's stopping Link from just roiding out on 3x attack, def, stealth, speed and elemental buffs. And then just doing dumb shit like spamming AOE Dragon Horn elemental attacks that flash freeze or fry anything caught within the blast instantly, the latter of which cause muscle spasms and forced item drops. Which he can do in bullet time with 3x bows, firing 3 at once. I'd say melt too, but Byleth actually has good heat res. Thinking on it, he can actually combo flash freeze AOE with lightning too.

Also what about summoning his Metal Gear, the 5v1 due to sage spirits, time stop, the multiple armors with extra bonus affects, shields that if struck cause mass confusion due to shit like shrooms, etc, like bro has a LOT to work with here and his funny speed amp makes getting most off not that hard.

Last edited:
Would blocking them with a sword even matter? Given the range of the deconstruction I'm pretty sure it'd still wipe out Byleth's body completely as long as they're still holding onto the sword upon contact
Maybe actually? I think if an enemy blocks it, say a Moblin with a shield, they straight up die too along with it.

How do we treat the gloom weapons too? Those might be problematic.

HOL UP

Cant Link also do dumb shit like AOE lightning cause Byleth to drop shit, and then just fuse his weapons to his own effectively stealing it?
There def be some metal gears in there.
a metal gear is just a bipedal weapon, usually factored into nuclear warfare.

Hold on give me a minute, I'm gonna try to see if the ancient blade deconstructs even upon blocking

edit: **** my switch is dead

Yeah, gundams would probably be allowed if Link was given prep, but not with an immediate battle
Doesnt he have schematics on him by default though? What's stopping him from doing auto-build? He can have up to 999 Zonaite, that's QUITE a few free builds depending on what he makes.
The closest is a "tank".
that's what a metal gear is tho, it was just a joke man let me have this

Only while it's raining iirc.
Sage, Yellow Chuchu jelly, Faroosh Horns, etc, he has a bunch of stuff that just makes a big ass lightning AOE, Faroosh is the most ****** up tho, i sent Dust some clips awhile back, they should be on Ganon profile along with the other two. I think one of the gems does it too, like how Ruby's explode.
Hold on give me a minute, I'm gonna try to see if the ancient blade deconstructs even upon blocking

edit: **** my switch is dead
Arrow, blade is stinky... nvm i got confused, carry on.

Back